Going with Jesus to the wedding at Cana of Galilee, ( John.2:1-10),we come across 6 stone drums, each would contain 2 to 3 pots of water.
• Naturally, every house may have just one such drum or washing water tank but here there were 6 of them. Presumably they were hired for wedding purpose, getting revenue for the master. The Bible says that there are vessels of honour and vessels of dishonor. Some occupy the Kings’ table and others occupy the poor man’s hut. Some are used to accomplish good things and some vessels are used to accomplish very hard and may be used to clean dirt and dung! No matter who ever we are, we are not a waste or without a purpose. It is the Master’s will and desire to put us in a place that pleases Him.
“Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God?
But made Himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
And being found in fashion as a man, He humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. (Phil.2:5-8)
• These 6 stone drums went from one place to another and were kept at a distance from any function. The secret of these pots was that they served the master tirelessly without complaint. They did not spend their time spending their comparing and complaining their mean use with vessels of honour. We should not wait for best opportunities to meet us to be useful or to serve others. We should serve our master no matter where we are or how we are used. Faithful service to the master is the key.
“Nay, much more of the members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are necessary:
And those members of the body, which we think to be less honourable, upon these we bestow more abundant honour; and our uncomely parts have more abundant comeliness.” ( I.Cor.12:22-23)
For I say, through the grace given unto me , to every man that is among you , not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.
For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office. (Romans.12:3-4)
When we feel inferior to others, we will never be happy and peaceful. We will have no love for others. Schism fights and divisions will over take us. We will never be able to say with Apostle Paul, “I have run the race and have accomplished the task….
• Hundreds of people used the water from these drums to wash their dirty feet; ceremonially making them fit to go in and be considered worthy and clean, to attend these functions. But no one used water from these drums for drinking purposes. They turned around and said, “This water is not clean enough, so that we may drink water from it.
And that is the testimony of many of us. Many parents, many husbands, wives and people who served people day and night have the same heart cry. We loved, cared, sacrificed, provided, fed and became a stepping stone for others. Now they are in top places and are happy. However, they are ones, who hurt us, bring dishonor to us, talk ill about us and set us aside. Instead of being grateful they accuse us. And now we feel empty and worn out and set aside! Arise! Your mourning is going to be changed now! Your destiny will take a new course! Rejoice!
“Those that be planted in the house of the Lord shall flourish in the courts of our God. They shall still bring forth fruit in old age; they shall be fat and flourishing.” (Psalms.92:14-15)
• On that day, these drums cleaned so many feet and lay empty, and lay there to be taken back from use. They faithfully served their purpose.
Suddenly, there was another filling! And Jesus was there standing in front of them. THE REWARD FOR FAITHFUL SERVICE IS MORE WORK AND MORE RESPONSIBILITIES!
Our Heavenly Father is so gracious that He always takes control when the human efforts are over. He uses the mean and ordinary people to manifest His Supernatural Power and Glory.
“ But God hath chosen the foolish of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; And base thing s of the world and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not , to bring to nought things that are ,THAT NO FLESH SHOULD GLORY IN His presence.” (I.Cor.1:27-29) Praise God! You are His Choice! He is now Going to Fill you with His Holy Spirit and will begin the New Destiny process for His Glory!
• The unbelievable happened! The water became wine! And from these unclean vessels, the servants were carried the “BEST WINE” and serve it to the most distinguished and honoured guests. Jesus, the new Master and the Lord God of heaven and earth, makes everything new!
The supernatural took over the natural. The divine element over took the earthly element. An excellent new product, colour and taste took over ordinary water.
These 6 stone pots (or) drums were there for a “ Traditional and Ceremonial Wash “and that was Judaism.
“Though thou wash thee with nitre, and take thee much soap, yet thine iniquity is marked before me, saith the Lord God (Jer.2:22)
The law given to Moses was imperfect and it only pointed to Christ and His Death and resurrection. It is now know as “The Old Covenant”. But CHRIST JESUS, is our “NEW COVENANT”. Under this covenant, we need not go through long ceremonies or traditional Washings EXTERNALLY. His mission is “INTERNAL”. He is the SAVIOUR and the Sacrificed Lamb. He Took the wine cup and Blessed it and said,” Take this Cup and drink of this, “FOR THIS IS MY BLOOD OF THE NEW TESTAMENT,WHICH IS SHED FOR MANY FOR THE REMISSION OF SINS.” (Mt.26:28) And this is why one could DRINK from the same water tank which were once used to wash the feet of people. We are saved by GRACE and not my traditional washings or anything else! IF YOU LET JESUS FILL YOU WITH HIS PRESENCE AND HOLY SPIRIT, then hundreds out there are going to BRING OF YOU. Yes! What Jesus has filled you with will come out totally New! All things becomes New!
• For years, people treated you and kept you in a unnoticed place, and used you meanly! That period and history is going to be over now! A new dimension will take place! From right where you are, a revolution is going to take place in your life and mine! A NEW FILLING WILL MAKE YOU AND ME THE BEST HISTORY HAS EVER SEEN. Yes! From where we are now! Where we failed, where we were used mean and from where people called us unclean and unworthy. He will take us to the royal table and our quality will be super fine! And we will make many people filled with the joy of the New wine! OLD THINGS ARE PASSED AWAY! AND BEHOLD ALL THINGS BECOPME NEW! Your situation will change! JESUS WILL MAKE YOU THE MIRACLE OF THE DAY!
“He raiseth up the poor out of the dust, and lifteth the needy out of the dunghill; That he may set him with princes of his people.” (Ps.113:7-8)
• There are no details of the new couple and their glory. There are no mentions of the marriage feast. There is no mention of the pomp and glory of the family. BUT THE STORY OF THE 6 STONE JARS IS WRITTEN IN THE SCRIPTURE AND THEY ARE REMEMBERED FOR GENERATIONS. Yes! The Lord is going to write your name in the book of life and you will make history and will be remembered in the generations to come! Amen!
• Let us therefore yield ourselves to Jesus! Let Him fill us with “water of Life “Amen!