~ Messiah Would Have Multitudes of Followers In Future Generations ~
“Search the Scriptures—they testify of Me.”
— Jesus Christ (John 5:39)
“Posterity will serve Him; future generations will be told about the Lord. They will proclaim His righteousness to a people yet unborn — for He has done it” (Psalm 22:30-31).
“However, many of those who heard the word believed; and the number of the men came to be about five thousand” (Acts 4:4).
“And it became known throughout all Joppa, and many believed on the Lord” (Acts 9:42).
“And the hand of the Lord was with them, and a great number believed and turned to the Lord” (Acts 11:21).
“Now it happened in Iconium that they went together to the synagogue of the Jews, and so spoke that a great multitude both of the Jews and of the Greeks believed” (Acts 14:1).
“Therefore many of them believed, and also not a few of the Greeks, prominent women as well as men” (Acts 17:12).
“And many who had believed came confessing and telling their deeds” (Acts 19:18).
“And when they heard it, they glorified the Lord. And they said to him, ‘You see, brother, how many myriads of Jews there are who have believed, and they are all zealous for the law’” (Acts 21:20).
“For it was fitting for Him [Jesus Christ], for whom are all things and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons to glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings. For both He who sanctifies and those who are being sanctified are all of one, for which reason He is not ashamed to call them brethren,saying: ‘I will declare Your name to My brethren; in the midst of the assembly I will sing praise to You.’And again: ‘I will put My trust in Him.’ And again: ‘Here am I and the children whom God has given Me’(Hebrews 2:10-13).
~~~ EXPLANATORY “MESSIAH” NOTES ~~~
(1) Each Saturday ALN posts an example of a Hebrew Scriptures prophecy (or foreshadowing) related to the coming Messiah which was fulfilled in the birth, life, death, or resurrection of Jesus Christ.
(2) While extensive it will not be a complete list—there are hundreds of prophecies of the coming Messiah which have been fulfilled by one man—Jesus Christ at His First Coming.
(3)It is important that there are many more prophecies of the Messiah, yet unfulfilled, which Christians believe will be fulfilled at the time of His Second Coming.A particularly relevant Scripture verse in this regard is: “Do not despise prophesies” (1 Thessalonians 5:20).
(4) These posts will typically consist only of Scripture—which speaks for itself. Sometimes italicized or bold font will be used by ALN for emphasis.
(5) The numbering of these fulfilled prophecies of the Messiah is used to differentiate individual posts. It is not chronological (either by time of the prophecy or by sequence in the life of the Messiah). The posting sequence will, for the most part, be in the order that the prophecies appear in Scripture.
(6) Because of the chosen methodology (#5 above) we will find many specific prophecies repeated multiple times throughout the Scriptures.
(7)These serial posts are in addition to our regular Tuesday ALN postings on random topics.
(8) Subscription to ABUNDANT LIFE NOW blog is simple—just use the link on the left sidebar. Once subscribed you will not miss future posts.