This morning, I started reading Psalm 100, which is labeled a “Psalm of Thanksgiving”. As I read those few verses, it got me thinking a lot about God’s love and how that’s the point of everything. God made us and He’s going to take good care of us, if we let Him. The more I thought about it, I was reminded of a reflection I did of Psalm 5, which is all about recognizing the many ways that God shows us love in our everyday lives. As you read these verses and the study, I hope it encourages you to look for the ways that God is showing you love everyday, even in the small, seemingly ordinary things that happen in your life.
1. Shout with joy to the Lord, O earth!
2. Worship the Lord with gladness. Come before him, singing with joy.
3. Acknowledge that the Lord is God! He made us, and we are his. We are his people, the sheep of his pasture.
4. Enter his gates with thanksgiving; go into his courts with praise. Give thanks to him and bless his name.
5. For the Lord is good. His unfailing love continues forever, and his faithfulness continues to each generation.
Psalm 5: 7,8,11,12
7. Because of your unfailing love, I can enter your house; with deepest awe I will worship at your Temple.
8. Lead me in the right path, O Lord, or my enemies will conquer me. Tell me clearly what to do, and show me which way to turn.
11. But let all who take refuge in you rejoice; let them sing joyful praises forever. Protect them, so all who love your name may be filled with joy.
12. For you bless the godly, O Lord, surrounding them with your shield of love.
It’s because of who God is that I get to enjoy Him and enjoy the things He’s made available to me. He comforts, He protects, and He shields me with who He is. His love covers me and heals my sensitive heart. The more I receive His love everyday, in the things He says to me and in the ways He acts to show me His love; the stronger I become in Him and the safer I feel. My prayer today is that I would always recognize God’s ways of showing me love each day and receive His spirit of love that covers me. I desire His love to be fresh on my heart and mind each day and that His love would permeate my entire existence. As I do this, I know my heart is filled with joy and nothing and no one can take my joy away from me. God seals my heart with His love and the joy that comes from that is forever glued with it.
You’re really beginning to understand the core of what I want to teach you and what I desire my people to know and understand. My love is powerful and it can bring you through anything. If you are willing to see the many ways that I show you love everyday, you will become completely secure in me and filled with joy. And, following my ways to fulfill your destiny will not be a chore to you at all. It is easier to follow my will and have the right perspective once you are fully wrapped in my love.
This process of recognizing my love for you must happen everyday and as it does, you will grow stronger and be better prepared to walk in my purposes for you, fulfilling your destiny. I want you to get in the habit of looking for the ways I’m showing you love. As you are reminded of my love in the everyday, ordinary things that you see and encounter throughout your day; you will remain sealed in my love and your sensitive heart will begin to function in the way I designed it to and you will experienced peace, joy and fulfillment. Be encouraged and know that this recognition process is a very powerful tool that will help you to grow strong and secure in me.