this user is offline now  Featherme
Send message


  Religion & Philosophy
  Writing & Poetry

April 2020
March 2020
February 2020
January 2020
December 2019
November 2019
October 2019
September 2019
August 2019
July 2019
June 2019
May 2019
April 2019
March 2019
February 2019
January 2019
December 2018
November 2018
October 2018
September 2018
August 2018
July 2018
June 2018
May 2018
April 2018
March 2018
February 2018
January 2018
December 2017
November 2017
October 2017
September 2017
August 2017
July 2017
June 2017
May 2017
April 2017
March 2017
February 2017
January 2017
December 2016
November 2016
October 2016
September 2016
August 2016
July 2016
June 2016
May 2016
April 2016
March 2016
February 2016
January 2016
December 2015
November 2015
October 2015
September 2015
August 2015
July 2015
June 2015
May 2015
April 2015
March 2015
February 2015
January 2015
December 2014
November 2014
October 2014
September 2014
August 2014
July 2014
June 2014
May 2014
April 2014
March 2014
February 2014
January 2014
December 2013
November 2013
October 2013
September 2013
August 2013
July 2013
June 2013
May 2013
April 2013
March 2013
February 2013
January 2013
December 2012
November 2012
October 2012
September 2012
August 2012
July 2012
June 2012
May 2012
April 2012
March 2012
February 2012
January 2012
December 2011
November 2011
October 2011
September 2011
August 2011
July 2011
June 2011
May 2011
April 2011
March 2011
February 2011
January 2011
December 2010
November 2010
October 2010
September 2010
August 2010
July 2010
June 2010
May 2010
April 2010
March 2010
February 2010
January 2010
December 2009
November 2009
October 2009

Who Gives Kudos:




Stress was unbelievable and I wasn't following the advice God had given me about such situations. I was pushing myself beyond belief for weeks and then the crash came. I was sleeping most of the day and all night for the good part of a week. I had surgery scheduled in two weeks and didn't know if I should go through with it. I asked God but didn't get a yes or no as I often do - I got nothing. I saw my PCP for a preop check up and he felt the timing was good as it would be between my husband's chemo appointments. I still wasn't sure and after agonizing over it, I decided to let God take control and just back out of it in action and thought. That's when things started to pop.

I received a call from preadmissions at the surgical center. I gave my history over the phone. Not long after that I got a phone call from the anesthesiologist who wanted me to get a cardiac clearance. I discussed wth him my past history anesthesia wise and my concerns. He said he would make a decision as to whether I should be operated on in the surgical center or the hospital after he saw my heart test results. Another road block?

I made an appointment with a cardiologist I had never seen before. She was tough! I did learn more from her than her fellow cardiologists. She wanted me to have a chemical stress test before she gave her okay. She told me that orthopedic surgery is harder on the heart than others. It was scheduled for the Friday before the Thursday I was to have surgery -  a bit shorter time than the ten days they wanted. The test was painful when the chemical was injected into the IV. I had various reactions to it. They gave me an antidote after a while. I just can't manage to do things simply.

The next Monday my PCP scheduled me for an ultrasound and blood work. Tuesday I'm getting calls from the surgical center and the surgeon's office that they don't have my clearance from the doctors. It was needed before noon the next day. I called my PCP and they were waiting for my ultrasound and blood work results. That was okay but what did that have to do with my foot surgery? I did all I could do and had perfect peace even though I didn't have an answer about the surgery.

Wednesdays my PCP's office is open but he isn't there and they don't take phone calls. I was called by the surgical center as they still didn't have his clearance. I was surprised as I thought the hold up might be from the cardiologist. I happened to have my PCP's cell phone number so reluctantly I called and left a message. Another more urgent call came from the surgical center. I called my PCP again and this time he talked to me. He said he hadn't seen the reports and was unwilling to okay the surgery. Talk about the last minute! God used a lot of people to show me what He wanted for me. He also showed me that I don't have to be actively involved, trying to take over making things go my way - that by keeping my peace and going with the flow knowing He is leading is sufficient.

I don't know why my doctor decided against the surgery. He said he will see me when he gets back from his vacation. The reason at this time doesn't matter. I'll know when I see him in a month. Meanwhile, the week of the scheduled surgery, I had hives from the chemical stress test. I don't think adding anesthesia to the mix would have been very helpful.

The surgery is needed and I want to be free from pain  and off my crutches, but God must have something better in store. I'm just happy He did the decision making and not me.

Mood: grateful
- 0 Comments - 0 Kudos - Add comment 

Copyright © 2009 - 2012 True2ourselves. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.