The key to our spiritual life is learning to walk in the Lord!
SEE differently! HEAR differently! SEE HIM! HEAR HIM! Change your frame of reference! He is adding new colors and new events to create the MASTERPIECE of your future!
We often try to relate to God through our soul or physical body. We try to find our worth through our mind, emotions, and looks. Unless we understand our true spiritual nature, we cannot function as a whole person! Many times we tend to seek the Lord in our quiet time, but then forget that He is present all day and would love to meet with us when we are least expecting Him. He is constantly longing to visit with you.
Many times when something comes to our mind, most likely God is speaking to us. Most of us spend most of our lives thinking that our thoughts are ours. However, we are not our own. We have to divide our thoughts out to determine what God is saying, but He communes with us more than we know! We learn to listen more clearly for Him all day, rather than just in our quiet time.
NOURISHING AND EXERCISING YOUR SPIRIT:
1. Read, Meditate, and Memorize 1 Thessalonians 5:23. "And may the God of peace Himself sanctify you through and through [separate you from profane things, make you pure and wholly consecrated to God]; and may your spirit and soul and body be preserved sound and complete [and found] blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ (the Messiah)."
2. Read Galatians 3:4-5 and Galatians 5, especially verse 16 and 25! Look at the circumstances that you have been through and are going through. Ask the Holy Spirit to show you how He has worked and is working in you. Feel His Spirit. Enter into the fruit of His Spirit. Evaluate His fruit. Walk and live in the Spirit.
3. Read and memorize Ephesians 1:3-6, "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love, having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He made us accepted in the Beloved." Look up into Heaven and see all your spiritual blessings. Claim them all, even the ones other generations did not claim. Walk in a way that they will manifest.
4. Read Isaiah 55, and Matthew 16. Lean not on your own understanding. His thoughts are not your thoughts. See from His perspective. His word will not return void.
5. Read Ezekiel 36-37. As you read these chapters, know that the Lord is speaking and reiterating His promise for your future. He wants to break all scattering in your life. He wants to break all hope deferred. He wants you to recognize His power to perform His Word!
6. Read James 5 and Matthew 4. Even though we walk here on the earth in our worshipful submission, we ascend into Heaven. As we individually seek God and ascend into the Throne Room, we can hear the sound of Heaven in our spirit man on Earth. Be sure to deal with any area where you are not operating in submission. Resist satan's temptation in your wilderness. Remember, the Spirit of God led Jesus into the wilderness. Stop in the midst of your hard situation and see the Spirit's leading.
7. Read Psalm 34 and Hebrews 1, especially verse 14. Praise God for the angels that are encamping around you. Declare that these ministering spirits will transcend to the natural realm from the spiritual realm. As we ascend in worship, we also know that a portal opens for angelic visitation. During our times of prayer and crying out to God, during those times when we worship with abandonment as David did, we enter the realm of the spirit. Angels help to bring messages and direct us.
8. Read Hebrews 4-5,and memorize Hebrews 5:14. Let the Word divide asunder your soul and spirit to know His will. Ask the Lord to release discernment in you.
9. Read Romans 8. Ask the Lord to give you a new, triumphant spirit. Read this chapter three times. Ask the Lord for your spirit to be quickened by His Spirit.
These are days of learning His Spirit. Walk in His Spirit and live in His Spirit!