Genesis 28:12 - "And he had a dream, and behold, a ladder was set on the earth with its top reaching to heaven; and behold, the angels of God were ascending and descending on it."
The word translated "angel" in the text is the Hebrew word "Mal'ak" (mal-awk'), which means to despatch as a deputy; a messenger; specifically, of God, ie. an angel (also a prophet, priest or teacher). The point is the messengers that are to ascend and descend upon this ladder are not just angelic beings, but God's messengers, which WE ARE CALLED TO BE.
2 Timothy 3:5 - "Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away."
ANY REVELATION FROM TODAY'S WORD THAT DOES NOT LEAD US TO AN ENCOUNTER WITH GOD ONLY SERVES TO MAKE US MORE RELIGIOUS. THE CHURCH CANNOT AFFORD "FORM WITHOUT POWER" FOR IT CREATES CHRISTIANS WITHOUT PURPOSE.
THOSE WHO RESTRICT THEMSELVES TO MERE WORDS LIMIT THEIR GIFT, AND MAY UNINTENTIONALLY LEAD BELIEVERS TO PRIDE BY INCREASING KNOWLEDGE WITHOUT INCREASED AWARENESS OF GOD'S PRESENCE AND POWER.
MOVING IN THE IMPOSSIBLE THROUGH RELYING ON GOD SHORT-CIRCUITS THE DEVELOPMENT OF PRIDE.
Matthew 10:7,8 - "And as you go, preach, saying, 'The kingdom of heaven is at hand.' Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out demons. Freely you have received, freely give."
PRAYING FOR YOUR CHILDREN:
1. That they will know Christ as Savior early in life. Psalm 63:1, Timothy 3:15
2. That they will have a hatred for sin. Psalm 97:10
3. That they will be caught when guilty. Psalm 119:71
4. That they will be protected from the evil one in each area of their lives: spiritual, emotional, physical. John 17:15
5. That they will have a responsible attitude in all their interpersonal relationships. Daniel 6:3
6. That they will respect those in authority over them. Romans 13:1
7. That they will desire the right kind of friends and be protected from the wrong friends. Proverbs 1:10-11
8. That they will be kept from the wrong mate and saved for the right one. 2 Corinthians 6:14-17
9. That they, as well as those they marry, will be kept pure until marriage. 1 Corinthians 6:18-20
10. That they will learn to totally submit to God and actively resist Satan in all circumstances. James 4:7
11. That they will be single-hearted, willing to be sold out to Jesus Christ. Romans 12:1-2
12. That they will be hedged in so that they cannot find their way to wrong people or wrong places and that the wrong people cannot find their way to them. Hosea 2:6
QUESTIONS TO ASK MYSELF:
What am I willing to do to affect the spiritual destiny of my children?
Am I willing to pray the above verses over my children every day?