[27 Nov 2017 | Monday]
Sins against the Holy Spirit
By the way, this blog is an excerpt from a message by a brother in Christ named Osmundo Sabado, reprinted by permission.
GRIEVING THE HOLY SPIRIT
(1) The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of TRUTH.( John 14:17);So anything false, deceitful, or hypocritical grieves the Holy Spirit.
(2) The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of FAITH (2 Cor.4:13); So doubt, distrust, anxiety, worry, grieves Him.
(3) The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of GRACE (Heb. 10:29) ;So whatever in us Is hard , bitter, malicious, ungracious, unforgiving, or unloving grieves Him .
(4) The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Holiness (Rom. 1:4) ; So anything unclean, defiling, or degrading grieves Him.
(5) (Ep.4:29-31) says-"........Do not grieved the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.......".The Holy Spirit is grieved by all sins ,specially the sin of the tongue.
QUENCHING THE HOLY SPIRIT
Quench means "to put out ". It is pertinent to the scripture's reference to the Holy Spirit as a fire. When we quench the Spirit, we put the fire out. EXAMPLE:
(1) When we are refusing or rejecting the work of the Holy Spirit in our lives, we quench Him.
(2) We quench the Holy Spirit when we fail to pray daily , because prayer is the only way to connect ourselves to God.
(3) When we fail to confess our sins daily, we quench the Holy Spirit.
We sin to the Holy Spirit by grieving and quenching Him. We also know that every body sins almost everyday, if not everyday, to the Holy Spirit.
(to be continued)