Introduction ~ When Christians understand the various characteristics and aspects of the birthright which came with their second birth, they comprehend their identity in Christ. Once Christians understand their identity, their destiny is also clear! This series of “Abundant Life Now” posts will look at one of those facets each week.
This Week’s Verse ~ “Knowing that you were not redeemed with corruptible things, like silver or gold, from your aimless conduct received by tradition from your fathers, but with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot” (1 Peter 1:18-19).
~~~ EXPLANATORY “IDENTITY IN CHRIST” NOTES ~~~
(1) Each Monday ALN posts an example of Scripture’s description of aspects/characteristics of Christians—those who have personally trusted in Jesus Christ, The Messiah, as their personal Savior.
(2) This series is not intended to be an exhaustive list.
(3) God the Father described Himself to Moses as the great “I AM” (Exodus 3:14). God the Son also said “I AM” (John 8:58).
(4) Jesus Christ is the Son of God and several times in the Gospel of John He refers to Himself as “I am.” “I am the Bread of Life” (6:35-51), “I am the Light of the World” (8:12, 9:5), “I am the Door” (10:7-9), “I am the Good Shepherd” (10:11-14), “I am the Son of God” (10:36), “I am the Resurrection and the Life” (11:25), “I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life” (14:6), “I am in the Father, and the Father in Me … Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father in Me” (John 14:10-11), and “I am the True Vine” (15:1-5).
(5) Individual Christians are also sons and daughters of God. This series will show some of the various “I am” aspects of a Christian.
(1)The current TOP 10 ALN posts are listed at the very bottom of this home page.
(2)There is an INDEX of all ALN posts accessed by scrolling down the left column.
(3)You may LINK to any ALN posts on your own blog or website.
(4)You may COPY any ALN post, but please credit ALN as the source by prominently displaying the following statement: Reprinted from “Abundant Life Now,” a free blog which offers inspiring moments, thought-provoking comments, and solid Biblical insight at http://RobertLloydRussell.blogspot.com/ .