David’s Accomplishments~David had a lifetime of good and he accomplished much for his God.A few obvious examples include:
(1) As a youth David slayed the great Philistine monster warrior Goliath.
(2) David was a great warrior in battle.
(3) David knew how to be a true friend as illustrated by his friendship with Saul’s son Jonathan.
(4) David was sovereignly chosen to be an ancestor of the Messiah—Jesus Christ and was even called the “Son of David,” and probably most important of all he was referred to in Scripture as “a man after God’s own heart” (Acts 13:22-15).Further confirmation of David’s accomplishments is the fact that he is included in the New Testament “Hall of Faith” chapter (Hebrews 11:32).
Practical Lessons From David’s Life~There are many lessons for us today from the life of David.A few examples:
(1) David was successful when he trusted God for victory rather than trusting his own strength.
(2) While God offers to forgive our sin we do not escape the consequences of sin.
(3) Our faith is very important to God and He is always available to help us in our times of difficulty.
(4) There is no way to hide our sins from God.
(5) Constant self-examination is important if we are to recognize our sin and keep short accounts with God.
Closing Comments~David is mentioned about 1,000 times in Scripture.Like Christ, David was both a prophet and a king.All four of the Gospel writers identify Christ as the “Son of David.”
(1)The current TOP 10 ALN posts are listed at the very bottom of this home page.
(2)There is an INDEX of all ALN posts accessed by scrolling down the left column.
(3)You may LINK to any ALN posts on your own blog or website.
(4)You may COPY any ALN post, but please credit ALN as the source by prominently displaying the following statement:Reprinted from “Abundant Life Now,” a free blog which offers inspiring moments, thought-provoking comments, and solid Biblical insight at http://RobertLloydRussell.blogspot.com/ .