"And he said to him, "I also am a prophet as you are, and an angel spoke to me by the word of the Lord, saying, `Bring him back with you into your house that he may eat bread and drink water.' But he lied to him." 1 Kings 13:18
As you read I Kings 13 you discover that this prophet was a man of God with a message from God. He saw God authenticate his message with three miracles. And he had clear instructions from God as to how he was to conduct his mission: "for so was it commanded me by the word of the Lord, saying, `You shall neither eat bread, nor drink water, nor return by the way that you came.'" He listened, however, to another man of God whose word contradicted God's word. God killed His prophet for his disobedience. The passage says nothing about the lying prophet.
God gave a sure word to His servant, confirming it with miracles. He allowed the word of a prophet, who received a word from an angel, who ostensibly received a word from God, to keep him from obeying a direct word from God. God was not happy. This disobedient prophet illustrates God's problem with the nation of Israel. God spoke through His prophets, confirming His word with miracles, and still the people listened to other voices.
Take care that you do not emulate the disobedient prophet. Only few christian desire to learn from the master feet rather they prefer to obey what they hearing from the third party to what the Lord is saying. l remember a preacher who held a program in a large hall for three days; throughout his ministration there was nothing like Salvation is now and repent. It was all about prosperity of 24hours, 72hours etc; talking the history how he first got his financial breakthrough, the cost of his house etc. While Jesus Christ said ¨Seek the Kingdom and his righteousness and other things shall follow¨
Disobedience creates a culture of disobedience in which people cease realizing that they are disobedient; their senses are dulled. Culture plays a powerful role in the life of the church, and you can easily mistake the words of God's servants for the Word of God, when in reality their words contradict the direct word God gave in Scripture. Brethren, we are at the last day therefore your compass to heaven is hidden in the word of God which he wrote to you and l. Let us remember Matthew 24:4-31.
Thessalonians 2:4 ¨But as we were allowed of God to be put in trust with the gospel, even so we speak; not as pleasing men, but God, which trieth our heart¨.
The Bible told us why there are so many disobedient Christian in the world nowadays. 2 Timothy 3:1-7. Many diluted messages and those from the pit of hell have end-up numerous souls in hell fire just because they shut their ear against the sound doctrine God.
1. seek for a bible living church that preach the ound doctrine of God.
2. Study the scripture and ask God to teach you Himself.
3. Know that the devil also transform into the angel of light; therefore test all spirit.
1. Negative anointing to destruction stop flowing into my life in Jesus name.
2. Holy spirit open my eyes to see who and who is before me in Jesus name.
3. Father deliver me from all lies l tell myself in Jesus name.
4. Lord Jesus if l am heading to hell, in your mercy buy me back with your precious blood today.
5. l moved from where l am to where God want me to be in Jesus name.
6. Powers assigned to divert my destiny, power hired to restructure my career, die in Jesus name.
7. Let the gift(s) of God inside me wake up by fire in Jesus name.