Published on September 21st, 2009 in Christian Living, Devotion, and Inspirational.
THY WILL BE DONE ON EARTH: UNDERSTANDING GOD’S WILL FOR YOU by Robert Lloyd Russell (ISBN 9781606474303)is a tremendous book!
It is definitely worth reading by all Christians! And it is a must-read for anyone seeking purpose in life. Readers new to Christianity will find that ideas are presented clearly; more experienced Christians will appreciate the author’s thought-provoking style on an age-old subject. Each chapter builds on the previous chapter in a practical guide to understanding how God’s will for mankind affects God’s will for each individual. Sections of the book are heavy on graphic models, a regular gold-mine for the visually oriented. For those less inclined to appreciate these visuals, the text walks the reader easily through the illustrations. Highly recommend as an individual or group read.
I plan on re-reading it each and every year. Here are some of the benefits I see as I am on my second read of this inspiring book:
1. It is extremely well organized: you do not waste time and energy trying to figure out where the author is going with his thesis.
2. It is interspersed with many verses. It has a good balance of Scripture text and the author’s words. I love that the book fills my mind with God’s Word. Yet at the same time, I read thoughts that teach, direct, encourage, entertain me, etc., so that it is not a heavy theological book.
3. Mr. Russell uses charts, illustrations, alliterations, and other memory devices to make the principles of the book stick in my mind long after I have read it.
4. The chapters are bite-sized. This gives me the option of a quick 5-10 minute read if I am rushed or indefinite amount of time if I am just enjoying the contents of the book.
5. Mr. Russell ends each chapter with practical application questions and reflection questions. There is a wealth of verses that accompany the questions for the person who wants a deeper study of the Biblical principles presented.
In this time of great upheaval in our nation, I believe people will be looking for real, tangible answers to life’s most important questions. They will need to discover that God has the answers and those answers are in His Word. “Thy Will Be Done” is a timely book to show that God’s Will is discernible and it is not that hard to understand with the right guidance.
This book is would make a good group study.
Reviewed by: Butch
There is more information about Thy Will Be Done On Earth at the author’s website.
If you found this post personally interesting or helpful, you are welcome to add a link to it on your own blog or website.
If you would prefer to copy this post, please credit ALN as the source by prominently displaying the following statement:Reprinted from “Abundant Life Now,” a free blog which offers inspiring moments, thought-provoking comments, and solid Biblical insight (http://RobertLloydRussell.blogspot.com/).