“Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord!We have blessed You from the house of the Lord” (Psalm 118:26). “Blessed is the One who is coming, the One sent by the Lord.We bless You from the Temple” (Psalm 118:26, TLB).
“Then the multitudes who went before and those who followed cried out, saying:‘Hosanna to the Son of David! “Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord!”
Hosanna in the highest!’” (Matthew 21:9). “Then those who went before and those who followed cried out, saying: ‘Hosanna! “Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord!”Blessed is the kingdom of our father Davidthat comes in the name of the Lord!
Hosanna in the highest!’” (Mark 11:9-10). “Then, as He was now drawing near the descent of the Mount of Olives, the whole multitude of the disciples began to rejoice and praise God with a loud voice for all the mighty works they had seen, saying: ‘“Blessed is the King who comes in the name of the Lord!”Peace in heaven and glory in the highest!’” (Luke 19:37-38). “The next day a great multitude that had come to the feast, when they heard that Jesus was coming to Jerusalem, took branches of palm trees and went out to meet Him, and cried out: ‘Hosanna! “Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord!” The King of Israel!’” (John 12:12-13).
~~~ EXPLANATORY “MESSIAH” NOTES ~~~
(1) Each Saturday ALN posts an example of a Hebrew Scriptures prophecy (or foreshadowing) related to the coming Messiah which was fulfilled in the birth, life, death, or resurrection of Jesus Christ.
(2) While extensive it will not be a complete list—there are hundreds of prophecies of the coming Messiah which have been fulfilled by one man—Jesus Christ at His First Coming.
(3) It is important that there are many more prophecies of the Messiah, yet unfulfilled, which Christians believe will be fulfilled at the time of His Second Coming. A particularly relevant Scripture verse in this regard is: “Do not despise prophesies” (1 Thessalonians 5:20).
(4) These posts will typically consist only of Scripture—which speaks for itself. Sometimes italicized or bold font will be used by ALN for emphasis.
(5) The numbering of these fulfilled prophecies of the Messiah is used to differentiate individual posts. It is not chronological (either by time of the prophecy or by sequence in the life of the Messiah). The posting sequence will, for the most part, be in the order that the prophecies appear in Scripture.
(6) Because of the chosen methodology (#5 above) we will find many specific prophecies repeated multiple times throughout the Scriptures.
(7) These serial posts are in addition to our regular Tuesday ALN postings on random topics.
(8) Subscription to ABUNDANT LIFE NOW blog is simple—just use the link on the left sidebar. Once subscribed you will not miss future posts.