This week I had an encounter with an scammer which actually started about three months ago. The scammer sweet talked me or convinced with his well rehearsed and studied line that I took his sale pitch hook ,line and sinker.
After I gave him my credit card information and later I received an strange e mail confirmation that I allegedly applied for account in a money remittance company that I realized that I was being scammed. So in short I had to cancel or deactivate my credit card to prevent the scammer from charging my credit card.
After I received scolding from my family that I fully realized how foolish I am for falling for it.
As I ponder upon this, a thought came to my mind that there is a scam that people seem to ignore or take lightly. That scam is what the enemy(Satan) is telling us about our soul. As far as I know these are some of the scams or lies that the enemy is telling us.
1. That all religion is the same, they all lead to God.
2. That our " good" works are good enough to God.
3. Another variation is that we are so bad that God can not forgive us.
Here are some suggestions to prevent being scammed by the enemy .
1. Know what you believe. Read the Bible coupled with prayer and meditation. And ask questions to reliable people.
2. Check your life , thoughts, words and actions if they are focused on God.
3. Be vigilant the Bible says, because our enemy is like a roaring lion looking for whom he can devour. Resist him by submitting first to God and the devil will find it hard to scam you.
Pray to God to show you areas on your life that are being deceived by the enemy and ask God for the right way to correct them and do the necessary corrections.