Today, we shall be studying together the seven characters of God´s Love. Scripture often tell us that God is Love and His Character has God is based in Love.
Seven types of God love
1. PROVEN LOVE:-The love of God is a proven love. It is not merely deceiving words but proved by the sacrificial death of Christ on the cross. We can be certain that God loves us when we see how He sent His only Son to die for us. Let us also prove our love for Christ. John 3:16-17 ¨"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. I John 4:9¨This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. Romans 5:7-8¨Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous man, though for a good man someone might possibly dare to die.But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Proverbs 27:5¨Better is open rebuke than hidden love. Matthew 10:32-33 ¨"Whoever acknowledges me before men, I will also acknowledge him before my Father in heaven.But whoever disowns me before men, I will disown him before my Father in heaven.
2. PURE LOVE:-This can of love has no ulterior motives. The Lord has shown His pure love to us by making us His children and joint-heirs with Christ. The world is filled with love with hidden motives. But the love of God is pure and unselfish. He loves us in order to bless us and to do good to us. God wants us to have the same pure love towards Him as well as towards others. 1 John 3:1¨How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him. Romans 8:16-17¨The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children.Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory. Ephesians 3:19 ¨I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being,so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love,may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. Matthew 22:37-40¨Jesus replied: " ’Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment.And the second is like it: ’Love your neighbor as yourself. ’All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments." II Corinthians 6:6¨By pureness, by knowledge, by long suffering, by kindness, by the Holy Ghost, by love unfeigned,
II Corinthians 8:8 ¨I am not commanding you, but I want to test the sincerity of your love by comparing it with the earnestness of others. Romans 12:9 ¨Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. I Peter 1:22¨Now that you have purified yourselves by obeying the truth so that you have sincere love for your brothers, love one another deeply, from the heart.
3. PERFECT LOVE:-The Love of God is a perfect love. It is not like the imperfect human love. It would be vain to search for perfect love in any human relationship. There would always be flaws and disappointments in human love. The only place to find perfect love is in the Love of God. It is only in God’s love that the perfections of Love can be experienced. I John 2:5¨But if anyone obeys his word, God’s love is truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are in him:
I John 4:12 ¨No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us. I John 4:8 Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. 1 John 4:18 There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.
4. POWERFUL LOVE:- The Love of God is a strong powerful love. It is not a weak love that can easily be destroyed. The Lord has redeemed us with His precious blood and we are extremely precious and valuable in His sight. He would not allow anyone to snatch us out of His hand. The value of one human soul is greater than that of the whole world. The love of God is an everlasting love which is willing to make any sacrifices for us. The Apostle Paul was sure that nothing could seperate us from the love of Christ. 1 Peter 1:18-19 For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life handed down to you from your forefathers,but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect. John 10:27-29 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand.My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. Mark 8:36-37 What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, yet forfeit his soul? Or what can a man give in exchange for his soul? Hosea 11:4I led them with cords of human kindness, with ties of love; I lifted the yoke from their neck and bent down to feed them.
5. PROTECTIVE LOVE:- It protects us from harm and danger. It also protects us from our own self destructive ways by rebuking and chastening us when we go astray. God chastens those whom He loves to protect them from self destruction. Revelation 3:19Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest, and repent. Psalm 91:14-16 "Because he loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him.With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation."
6. PATIENT LOVE:- It does not destroy us because of our imperfections. God is longsuffering and slow to anger because of His great love towards us. He patiently waits for us to be formed in His likeness. We must be grateful for His patient love towards us. 2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance. 1 Timothy 2:3-4 This is good, and pleases God our Savior,who wants all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. I Corinthians 13: 4-7 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
7. PROVIDING LOVE:- It meets our need. God’s loving provision is not only for this world but for all eternity. His love provides our needs while we live in this world. His Love has also prepared great blessings and treasures for us to enjoy throughout all eternity. Matthew 7:7-11 "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened."Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone?Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake?If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him! Matthew 20:34Jesus had compassion on them and touched their eyes. Immediately they received their sight and followed him.
I Corinthians 2:9However, as it is written: "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him" I John 3:18 Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth.
Conclusion:- We have to know that the same God that use His love toward us will judge us if we refuses to for His principle, status, Law or commandments. Therefore, beloved brethren let us change from our ways of life and be born again which mean living on earth in preparation for the eternity.
1.Holy Spirit, break the evil habits in my heart in Jesus name.
2.Father, let me have a perfect love of yours toward my fellow brethren.
3.I have a New Life of Christ into my life; henceforth the light of heaven shall begin to shine upon me in Jesus name.
4.Garment of Achan of my father´s house, l am not candidate, roast by fire.
5.Any power whispering wrong advice into my ear, shut up .
6.O Lord, open all my spiritual communication system to be hearing from you in Jesus name.