Version 1.01: posted and effective as of May 1st, 2008
True2ourselves.com recognizes that its customers, visitors, users, and others who use www.true2ourselves.com value their privacy. This Privacy Notice details important information regarding the use and disclosure of User information collected on True2ourselves.com. True2ourselves.com provides this Privacy Notice to help you make an informed decision about whether to use or continue using True2ourselves.com.
Please note that any video, image, or other content posted at the direction of Users onto True2ourselves.com becomes published content and is not considered personally identifiable information subject to this Privacy Notice.
The Information True2ourselves.com Collects
- User Provided Information: You provide certain personally identifiable information (such as your name and email address) to True2ourselves.com when choosing to participate in various activities on True2ourselves.com such as uploading videos, posting messages in our forums or in the video comments section, entering contests or sweepstakes, taking advantage of promotions, responding to surveys, or subscribing to newsletters or other mailing lists.
- Cookies Information: When you visit True2ourselves.com, we may send one or more cookies - a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters - to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser. True2ourselves.com uses both session cookies and persistent cookies. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser. Persistent cookies may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the site. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser help file directions. A session cookie is temporary and disappears after you close your browser. You can reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some features of True2ourselves.com may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled.
- Log File Information: When you use True2ourselves.com, our servers automatically record certain information that your web browser sends whenever you visit any website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, browser language, referring / exit pages and URLs, platform type, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time of your request, and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
- Clear GIFs Information: When you use True2ourselves.com, we may employ "clear GIFs" (a.k.a. Web Beacons) which are used to track the online usage patterns of our Users anonymously (i.e., in a non-personally-identifiable manner). In addition, we may also use clear GIFs in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened by recipients.
The Way True2ourselves.com Uses Information
- If you submit personally identifiable information to us through True2ourselves.com, then we use your personal information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of True2ourselves.com.
- Any personal information or video content that you voluntarily disclose online (on discussion boards, in messages and chat areas, within your public profile page, etc.) becomes publicly available and can be collected and used by others. Your account name (not your email address) is displayed to other Users when you upload videos or send messages through True2ourselves.com and other Users can contact you through messages and comments. Any videos that you submit to True2ourselves.com may be redistributed through the internet and other media channels, and may be viewed by the general public.
- We do not use your email address or other personally identifiable information to send commercial or marketing messages without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out. We may, however, use your email address without further consent for non-marketing or administrative purposes (such as notifying you of major True2ourselves.com changes or for customer service purposes or to notify you of events).
- We use both your personally identifiable information and certain non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous User usage data, cookies, IP addresses, browser type, clickstream data, etc.) to improve the quality and design of True2ourselves.com and to create new features, promotions, functionality, and services by storing, tracking, and analyzing User preferences and trends.
When True2ourselves.com Discloses Information
- We do not share your personally identifiable information (such as name or email address) with other, third-party companies for their commercial or marketing use without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out.
- We do share non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous User usage data, referring / exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) with interested third-parties to assist them in understanding the usage patterns for certain content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality on True2ourselves.com.
- We may release personally identifiable information and/or non-personally-identifiable information if required to do so by law, or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws (such as U.S. Copyright Law) or respond to a court order, subpoena, or search warrant.
- True2ourselves.com also reserves the right to disclose personally identifiable information and/or non-personally-identifiable information that True2ourselves.com believes, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to enforce our Terms of Service, take precautions against liability, to investigate and defend itself against any third-party claims or allegations, to assist government enforcement agencies, to protect the security or integrity of our web site, and to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of True2ourselves.com, our Users or others.
To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you profile access or making corrections. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information at all times.
Please contact us with any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice, your personal information, your consent using this contact form.
Third-party Advertisers, Links to Other Sites
True2ourselves.com does not provide any personally identifiable information to these third-party ad servers or ad networks without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out. However, please note that if an advertiser asks True2ourselves.com to show an advertisement to a certain audience (for example, men ages 18-34) or audience segment (for example, men ages 18-24 who have viewed certain channels of content) and you respond to that advertisement, the advertiser or ad-server may conclude that you fit the description of the audience they are trying to reach. The advertiser may also use information regarding your use of True2ourselves.com, such as the number of times you viewed an ad (but not any personally identifiable information), to determine which ads to deliver to you.
Our Commitment To Data Security
True2ourselves.com uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to True2ourselves.com and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission of information, True2ourselves.com makes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
If True2ourselves.com learns of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. True2ourselves.com may post a notice on True2ourselves.com if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive a free written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice) you should notify us using this a contact form.
Our Commitment To Childrens' Privacy
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. For that reason, True2ourselves.com does not knowingly collect or maintain personally identifiable information or non-personally-identifiable information on True2ourselves.com from persons under 14 years of age without the verified consent and permission of a parent or legal guardian. If you are under 14 years of age, then please do not use or access True2ourselves.com at any time or in any manner without parental consent and supervision. If True2ourselves.com learns that personally identifiable information of persons under 14 years of age has been collected on True2ourselves.com without verified parental consent, then True2ourselves.com may take immediate and appropriate steps to delete this information. At all times, True2ourselves.com strives to protect children and provide a family-friendly site.
Special Note to International Users
In the Event of Merger, Sale, or Bankruptcy
In the event that True2ourselves.com is acquired by or merged with a third party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information we have collected from our Users as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control. In the unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors' rights generally, we may not be able to control how your personal information is treated, transferred, or used.
Changes and updates to this Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice may be revised periodically and this will be reflected by the "effective date” above. Please revisit this page to stay aware of any changes. In general, we only use your personal information in the manner described in the Privacy Notice in effect when we received the personal information you provided. Your continued use of True2ourselves.com constitutes your agreement to this Privacy Notice and any future revisions.
For revisions to this Privacy Notice that may be materially less restrictive on our use or disclosure of the personal information you have already provided to us, we will attempt to obtain your consent before implementing such revisions with respect to such information.