Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > The Round Table > Weekly Audio Broadcasting by Lead Moderator  > Week 3 Broadcast - Cloning

Old 12-21-2009, 05:30 PM
Lead Moderator

Default Week 3 Broadcast - Cloning

Cloning:

Old 12-25-2009, 01:17 PM
Knight of the Forum

Default Cloning

I certainly hope we never sink to the level of selective cloning of people. No sickness or disease would be nice but , no short, nun too tall, no fat or too thin. No lefties or blue eyed clubs only. I think the elimination of different types would be sort off the killing of a species. Yet this is not what I want to discuss.
When God said to man, be fruitful and multiply or fill the earth. Man was created in the likeness of God and in his image were they created. I think being fruitful means to be people created with the fruit of the Spirit. Be good people kind gentle , well we know the fruit. Adam was that and Seth was created in his image and in the likeness of God but the seed Adams son was created from was not the sperm of man or egg of the woman. The seed the sons were created from was the word and all creating from God comes from his word. I guess you could say a sort of cloning of the word in men.

My friends , god would never want us to use others for spare parts and cruelty of any sort is against God. God creates in likeness , so when Jesus said , how should I liken this unto. Heaven is like a great net. People are like fish. God created all things through his word but I don't think he's talking about fish or nets. He's talking about different types of people. Some are week and some are strong. Some are leaders and some follow. Some are like lions and others like the lamb but man was created to have dominion over them all. Like on noah's ark, they where all different types of people.

Anyway my view is this. I'm not too concerned about the world outside the church and more worried about the lack of cloning of people created in the image of Jesus. Still that may not be the right way to put it. Thats all.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-29-2009, 11:41 AM
alphaomega3160

Default Re: Week 3 Broadcast - Cloning

cloning;
god breathed into adam; and from adam came eve ; they shared a soul; so it's from adam the soul is passed on to every "human" person .
depending on your view of genesis six; and nephilium ; the flood took away the body from the children of the fallen angels.
now if ......... those children of the fallen angels survive in the spiritual since;
" what is a demon -? " [- can that 1/2 side of an angel die-?]
* does cloning provide the missing body ; without the soul that came thru adam
for these spiritual creatures that we know thru the scriptures existed in the time of jesus -?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-29-2009, 07:32 PM

Cloning just strikes me as wrong on so many levels. Possibly souless people, the clones being used as body replacement parts, and even more stuff of science fiction horror stories. I pray this Genie never gets out of the bottle in the human sense, but I wouldnt be surprised if it has already been done secretly by some really rich people. I would pray that God would thwart in some way any attempts for this to be done.
Knowledge and Wisdom are both good and worth finding, but they also have truly bad downsides, just study the life of Solomon to see the truth of this. Love does not puff up. Perfect Love drives out pride. Faith, Hope, and Love are the greatest of all things we can strive for, and the greatest of these are Love. Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with ALL your heart and lean NOT on your own understanding. In all your ways aknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths.
Old 12-29-2009, 07:58 PM
Administrator

God gave us authority over all the creatures of the Earth (plants & animals)... so cloning them I think is ok. However, I don't think this includes humans.
Old 01-05-2010, 03:45 PM
Knight of the Forum

Cloning of human beings is reprehensible and immoral. Human beings have a right to be born out of the loving union of spouses and they are not commodities not laboratory products. That is why the Catholic Church rejects all kinds of artificial interventions trampling with the God-given, life-giving power of the sexual act: cloning, surrogacy, abortion, contraception. Good talk!
Old 01-29-2010, 04:04 PM
Knight of the Forum

Olsen does an excellent job of outlining the various issues and concerns regarding cloning. Three things came to my mind as I listened.
First, and this is perhaps simplistic, God is Creator of all. If an identical twin is a natural "clone" and has a soul, then any human being brought into existence would also have a soul. Does that mean cloning is morally a good thing? Not in my opinion. Cloning opens the way for playing God as to which human beings exist and I cannot reconcile that with God being the sole creator.
Second, Olsen mentioned genetic manipulation as in the experiments by the Nazis. I feel we already have that sort of manipulation within decisons for abortions. Medical testing can provide women with information as to the condition of her unborn child. Too often, if that child is not perfect, abortion is the route chosen. I feel this drive to perfection over-shadows a person's ability to look within and to focus on their own interior flaws and weaknesses. I see this only progressing to "designer babies" and a devaluation of humanity.
The third thought that came to me as I listened was regarding the Progressives of the early twentieth century. My eyes were opened to the movement when I read the book, "Three Generations, No Imbeciles: Buck v Bell......" by Paul A. Lombardo. This book is a thorough study of the steps leading up to the court case and eventual forced sterilization of a woman named Carrie Buck. It is a heart wrenching story and the author lays out the legal particulars in an easily readable manner. Listening to Olsen I felt that cloning, genetic manipulation and such fit right in to the Progressive agenda.