Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Theology  > Parable of the tares of the field.

Old 05-22-2014, 06:40 PM

Default Parable of the tares of the field.

Feel free to suggest any scripture you feel fit better for this parable...

I did not research this, or copy and paste. It just seemed to me to fit...

Parable of the tares of the field.

Jesus explains

Matt 13:36-43 (KJV)
36 Then Jesus sent the multitude away, and went into the house: and his disciples came unto him, saying, Declare unto us the parable of the tares of the field.

37 He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man;

7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul. Gen 2:7 (KJV)
8 And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed. Gen 7:8 (KJV)

23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.
Matthew 1:23 (KJV)

8 For the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day.
Matthew 12:8 (KJV)

38 The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom;

2 And she again bare his brother Abel. And Abel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was a tiller of the ground.
Gen 4:2 (KJV)

25 And Adam knew his wife again; and she bare a son, and called his name Seth: For God, said she, hath appointed me another seed instead of Abel, whom Cain slew. Gen 4:25 (KJV)

23 But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.
Matthew 13:23 (KJV)

Cont.-38 but the tares are the children of the wicked one;

I John 3:10-12
V10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

V11 For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.
V12 Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.

39 The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels

4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:
Genesis 3:4 (KJV)

6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat Gen 3:6 (KJV)

13 And the LORD God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat. Gen 3:13 (KJV)

14 And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:
15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel. Gen 3:14-15 (KJV)

11 And now art thou cursed from the earth, which hath opened her mouth to receive thy brother's blood from thy hand;
12 When thou tillest the ground, it shall not henceforth yield unto thee her strength; a fugitive and a vagabond shalt thou be in the earth.
13 And Cain said unto the LORD, My punishment is greater than I can bear.
Genesis 4:11-13 (KJV)

30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.
Matthew 13:30 (KJV)

42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.
43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.
46 Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me?
47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.
John 8:38-48 (KJV)

40 As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.

11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. Rev 20:11-12 (KJV)

41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;

31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
Matt 25:31-32 (KJV)

42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

"And the devil who deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are also; and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever," (Rev. 20:10).

43 Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Rev 21:1-4 (KJV)

Dan

Last edited by iamdan : 05-23-2014 at 06:01 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-22-2014, 10:16 PM

Default Re: Parable of the tares of the field.

Thanks, J, I appreciate . I was purposely going back to the beginning, since to me Jesus is explaining the "big" picture.

35 That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying, I will open my mouth in parables; I will utter things which have been kept secret from the foundation of the world. Matthew 13:35 (KJV)

I agree with your point and input, I will incorporate in my notes accordingly.

Dan
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-23-2014, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jehonadab View Post
(Genesis 3:15)

Yes, it is the foretold enmity between the seed of the woman, (the one born of God's breath {or, spirit of pure words born of God's wisdom}), and the seed of the serpent, (the one born fleshly weak and manipulable by the air or breath which had been poisoned of sin by the words born of the serpent's breath by the serpent's corrupted wisdom.

Ponder how I stated that.

Now weigh it against the following: Ephesians 2:2 "Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience.."

Can you see how and why I have been speaking of it as words of God's wisdom verses words of this world's corrupted wisdom?

Can you see that the air Ephesians 2:2 speaks of is the air poisoned of the serpent's words developing a life of their own?

Now, I know the first thing many are going to have pop into their head is that the seed of the woman means Christ and I must be wrong at Genesis 3:15 when I say. "it is the foretold enmity between the seed of the woman, (the one born of God's breath {or, spirit of pure words born of God's wisdom}), and the seed of the serpent, (the one born fleshly weak and manipulable by the air or breath which had been poisoned of sin by the words born of the serpent's breath by the serpent's corrupted wisdom."

It is Christ there at Genesis 3:15, and Christ the man (which is what the seed of the woman refers to, a man like us), who was the very embodiment of God's knowledge and wisdom, yes, the very breath of God.

And even as Christ has antitypical representations in Isaac, Jacob, and even Joeseph, so also that both of those seeds can be found throughout history from the beginning. The first being Cain and Able.

Those two seeds are here: Galatians 4:29 "But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now."
Hello J , yes I can see and understand.

I actually grabbed the same scripture, I noticed you posted.

2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.
Ephesians 2:2-3 (KJV)

Yes, When we loose that which is in the air, and understand the breath of Life. Many things can be understood. But we must understand from the beginning, as you know, it keeps repeating.

How do we know what needs to be changed if we can not go back to the foundation.
Clearly, satin has been trying to stop Christ from the beginning.
Now, ponder this, was this because God was unaware? or was this part of a Plan?

Dan
Old 05-23-2014, 05:51 AM

Quote:
I believe it was part of the greatest plan ever to be executed among men. And that plan could only come from one of inexhaustible wisdom as our glorious God.

We can see that plan unfolding with the nation of Israel. I look forward to discussing this more tomorrow but I must call it a night for now.

God be with you. What a pleasure to speak with one that has such insight.
Amen Take care
Old 05-23-2014, 06:56 AM
Knights of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamdam

Hi dan. I would suggest Matt:25-31-46(NIV):

31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’
37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’
41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’
46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

The tares will be burned. So shall the goats.

Peace be with you!
The humble, meek, merciful, just, pious and devout souls are everywhere of one religion; and when death has taken off the mask, they will know one another though the divers liveries they wear here make them strangers.
William Penn (1644-1718) from Some Fruits of Solitude (1718)
Old 05-23-2014, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOLLAND View Post
Hi dan. I would suggest Matt:25-31-46(NIV):

31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’
37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’
41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’
46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

The tares will be burned. So shall the goats.

Peace be with you!
Thank you Holland, I appreciate your insight, I see what you have posted and agree. I will amend my notes accordingly.
A teaching of compassion, Good catch
Perhaps a posting on compassion would be good, there is always balance to be seen.
Never mind, I see you all ready have.
Dan

Last edited by iamdan : 05-23-2014 at 08:40 AM. Reason: added posting on compassion comment
Old 05-23-2014, 12:28 PM

Good morning J, peace be with you...
It will take some time for me to comment, please have patience with me.

Yes some times there is much pain in growth re-birth, but prayer and endurance shall prevail.

Dan
Old 05-23-2014, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Warning: What I am going to say here is going to be deep. Read it only if you feel God is telling you that you are ready to handle it.

I am not claiming that all of what I say God has revealed to my heart is yet ready to be preached from the pulpit. I understand that God has his time for it. I understand that for the sake of not stumbling babes in Christ, things must be revealed patiently and with much regard to what they are able to receive. Yet I know that even the increasing light which works changes in what we formerly believed is the most beneficial part of our Grand Refiner's work, revealing to us our humility or lack there of. I see sites as this one as great places to discuss the things which God may be trying to wake us up to as he helps his church to grow in his wisdom.

Learning is oft times comparable to giving birth. It comes with some travail.

It is no wonder that the scriptures speak of it as, being "born again".

The Hagar like flesh bears all that travail and then what is born is caught away to the free woman pictured by Sarah of the spirit.

Isaiah 54:1 "Sing, O barren, thou that didst not bear; break forth into singing, and cry aloud, thou that didst not travail with child: for more are the children of the desolate than the children of the married wife, saith the LORD."

Psalms 113:9 "He maketh the barren woman to keep house, and to be a joyful mother of children. Praise ye the LORD."

That compares to what Paul said in Galatians chapter 4.

Ecclesiastes 1:13 "And I gave my heart to seek and search out by wisdom concerning all things that are done under heaven: this sore travail hath God given to the sons of man to be exercised therewith."

Romans 8:22-23 "For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now. And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body."<--- The body of the church, believe it or not.

Concerning Paul meaning the body of Christ in this earth of flesh, or the church of flesh, you may perhaps recall that elsewhere I also spoke about 2 Corinthians 5:1, Paul compares the church to "the house of Israel", saying, "if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved..". And, there at 2 Corinthians 5:1, Paul compares the church in the flesh, which we see at 1 Corinthians 3:9-11 was built by human effort using human hands, with one that he said was, "a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens."

In our anxiousness for the saving of our individual selves we often miss seeing this.

That amended view solves another problem for us us at 2 Corinthians 5:10.

2 Corinthians 5:10 "For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things [done] in [his] body, according to that he hath done, whether [it be] good or bad."

I long wondered why if God forgave the sins of our past ignorance why Paul would say that at 2 Cor. 5:10.

As you see, "his", is a word added by the translator. The translator could just as well have added, "the".

It turns out that it is our sins against the body of Christ Paul speaks of at 2 Corinthians 5:10.

1 Corinthians 3:17 "If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye<[plural collective, aka, 'the body of Christ'] are." Compare Ephesians 2:19-22.

This was all prefigured by ancient Israel.

When I see the phrase, "were by nature the children of wrath, even as others", there at Ephesians 2:3, I see that nature as what is breathed into us, largely by the power of words but also by the spirit of what is popularized among us, like the spirit in the air at a football game. I do not believe our nature is something we completely inherit in our natural flesh and blood birth mother's womb, but most of it in the Hagar like womb as Paul spoke of in 1 Corinthians 15:7-10; Galatians 1:11-17; 4:19-31.

I see that the womb as the Hagar figure, fleshly Jerusalem, which God speaks of at Jeremiah 1:4-5 and which speaks of at Jeremiah 20:12-18.

I see Jeremiah prophesying concerning that womb where Jacob's children were being nourished in God's Law as by the umbilical cord of that fleshly Jerusalem as prefigured by Hagar. She in that sense was to be a parallel to Proverbs 1:8 “My son, hear the instruction of thy father, and forsake not the law of thy mother..”; Proverbs 6:20 “My son, keep thy father's commandment, and forsake not the law of thy mother..”

Jeremiah has this in mind when he prophesies things like, Jeremiah 18:15, 21 ---> 15 “Because my people hath forgotten me, they have burned incense to vanity, and they have caused them to stumble in their ways from the ancient paths, to walk in paths, in a way not cast up; …......................... 21 Therefore deliver up their children to the famine, and pour out their blood by the force of the sword; and let their wives be bereaved of their children, and be widows; and let their men be put to death; let their young men be slain by the sword in battle.”

Jeremiah is prophesying about the unfaithful Judah and her children, there:

Jeremiah 17:1-3
1 'The sin of Judah is written with a pen of iron, and with the point of a diamond: it is graven upon the table of their heart, and upon the horns of your altars;
2 Whilst their children remember their altars and their groves by the green trees upon the high hills.
3 O my mountain in the field, I will give thy substance and all thy treasures to the spoil, and thy high places for sin, throughout all thy borders.”

We see this is similar to Isaiah 37:3 “And they said unto him, Thus saith Hezekiah, This day is a day of trouble, and of rebuke, and of blasphemy: for the children are come to the birth, and there is not strength to bring forth.”

That was the situation caused of this: Isaiah 36:1 “Now it came to pass in the fourteenth year of king Hezekiah, that Sennacherib king of Assyria came up against all the defenced cities of Judah, and took them.”

And now Sennacherib considered Judah's children ready to be birthed into his control. This message was delivered to king Hezekiah and to the people by the mouth of Rabshakeh, telling them that their God was allowing it to happen to them, as if their God Yehoveh was weak.

But my point is that the deeper we look the more we see how popular this comparison to a city's government being as a mother in whose womb her children were protected and nourished to be made ready for birth. That birth supposed to be to God, but as we see, in the case of Sennacherib king of Assyria, he and his supporters thought it be better they be born to Sennacherib.

In summary, this is but one reason I believe David at Psalms 51:5-6 had this same thing in mind. The spread of sin is by the breath of the serpent which poisons the air. And corruption in the womb of the anitypical Hagar was caused of it, thus David's understanding of things was formed amidst that corruption in her womb where he was meant to be conceived to God but by the flesh, conceived in his mother's (that anititypical Hagar's) sin.

Additionally, the Hebrew wording well supports that idea, as does verse six if we would keep both verses five and six consistent with each other.

It is all about God's breath birthing true and righteous wisdom to the world but the serpent's breath competing with that by breathing corruption and sin into the world.

So, as I said before, “When I see the phrase, "were by nature the children of wrath, even as others", as there at Ephesians 2:3, I see that nature as what is breathed into us, largely by the power of words but also by the spirit of what is popularized among us, like the spirit in the air at a football game.”

I have given you a rather huge bite to chew on here.

May God's breath and humility guide you.

If what Paul said at Romans chapter 7 is a snag to your grasping what I shared here, we can discuss that chapter, also. When properly understood, Paul is not supporting the idea of sin being inherited through our natural flesh and blood birth mother's literal womb.
Hello J,
rather than re post since I am in agreement, with only minor nudges. I will post my responses in ascending order.

I do understand as things become unlocked , we are forced every direction to understand, like a domino effect. Often why people can not follow, you see the end thought/ revelation, and have to piece it together, which can be difficult for those , who are less studied, or fresh studied, or less open to the importance...

I remind you, God opens eyes to those who may be ready, for what purposes, only he may know. We often find while meditating looking back. But yet sometimes we may never see. the fruit.

Quote:
Warning: What I am going to say here is going to be deep
----Understood--
Quote:
I am not claiming that all of what I say God has revealed to my heart is yet
--- Agree
Quote:
It is no wonder that the scriptures speak of it as, being "born again"
....lol
Quote:
The Hagar like flesh bears all that travail
Again it is both-- 12 And he will be a wild man; his hand will be against every man, and every man's hand against him; and he shall dwell in the presence of all his brethren. Genesis 16:12 (KJV)
13 And also of the son of the bondwoman will I make a nation, because he is thy seed. Genesis 21:13 (KJV)
19 And God opened her eyes, and she saw a well of water; and she went, and filled the bottle with water, and gave the lad drink. 20 And God was with the lad; and he grew, and dwelt in the wilderness, and became an archer. Genesis 21:19-20 (KJV)

Quote:
Isaiah 54:1 "Sing, O barren, thou that didst not bear
Isaiah 54 Isaiah foretells the gentiles how great their church will be----

Quote:
Psalms 113:9 "He maketh the barren woman to keep house
Sarah?

Quote:
That compares to what Paul said in Galatians chapter 4.
Gal 4- Clearly trying to explain born again,

Quote:
Romans 8:22-23 "For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth
Agree-- 18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.
19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God; 20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone; 21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord: 22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit. Ephesians 2:18-22 (KJV)
Quote:
It turns out that it is our sins against the body of Christ Paul speaks of at 2 Corinthians 5:10.
We will be judged or rewarded ---- based on works -----10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad. 2 Corinthians 5:10 (KJV)
Quote:
When I see the phrase, "were by nature the children of wrath, even as others"
I see Jeremiah prophesying concerning that womb where Jacob's children were being nourished in God's Law
Agree-----
Quote:
Jeremiah has this in mind when he prophesies things like, Jeremiah 18:15, 21 -
Agree------
Quote:
We see this is similar to Isaiah 37:3
Yes it keeps repeating after a time of going back to the Lord..
Quote:
But my point is that the deeper we look the more we see how popular this comparison to a city's
God didn’t want kings to rule he wants to be the King. But they asked for Kings and he gave them kings….
Quote:
In summary, this is but one reason I believe David at Psalms 51:5-6
5 Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.
6 Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom.
7 Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
Psalm 51:5-7 (KJV)
Quote:
So, as I said before, “When I see the phrase, "were by nature the children of wrath,
Agree---------

Quote:
If what Paul said at Romans chapter 7 is a snag to your grasping what I shared here,
I don’t believe Paul is addressing sin inherited through natural flesh and blood, birth mothers womb….
Paul is explaining how Living under Christ is not freeing from the sin of laws of flesh, but free of sin from Gods law through Christ. Who is supreme..
25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.
Romans 7:25 (KJV)

Dan
Old 05-23-2014, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Good morning to you, also.

Each of our beliefs act in support of other of our beliefs. And in that way, one faulty or incomplete belief can act like a figurative lock, preventing us from having full freedom to fully discern and perfect other of our beliefs.

Based upon what I have written in my last post, if we believe that in Romans chapter 7 Paul taught that we physically inherit, as by genetics, a sin nature, then that belief makes it difficult to discern that at Psalms 51:5 David may have been speaking about Hagar's figurative womb in the fleshly Jerusalem, and, conversely, if we believe that David was speaking of his natural flesh and blood birth mother and of the genetic passage of sin, then that supports what we believe Paul to have said at Romans chapter 7, making it difficult for us to see that he was actually saying something else.

Quote:
something that may require more study, but is that any different than we see in people today?
Even how we understand being "born again" affects us that way. We need to keep the following in mind about Jesus words to Nicodemus:

Luke 9:27 “But I tell you of a truth, there be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the kingdom of God.”; John 3:3 “Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.”

---snip---

On that basis it would seem that what Jesus told Nicodemus was that without he were born again in his understanding, he could not even begin to see or discern the things of the kingdom of God. They would be as foolishness to him. He would simply not be able to see them.

Quote:
completely agree.. .
-snip--

Thus we are enabled to see that being "born again" is only a beginning for us. And we know that we need to look into the possibility that being "born again" is a progressive thing, whereby little by little we are increased in our discernment of the kingdom of God, pressing toward maturity in understanding it.
Yes, here is the grabber, you will be judged, rewarded on your works..
of course explained in its simplicity...

Dan
Old 05-23-2014, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamdan View Post

Jesus explains

36 Then Jesus sent the multitude away, and went into the house: and his disciples came unto him, saying, Declare unto us the parable of the tares of the field.

37 He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man;

7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul. Gen 2:7 (KJV)
8 And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed. Gen 7:8 (KJV)

23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.
Matthew 1:23 (KJV)

8 For the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day.
Matthew 12:8 (KJV)

38 The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom;

2 And she again bare his brother Abel. And Abel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was a tiller of the ground.
Gen 4:2 (KJV)

25 And Adam knew his wife again; and she bare a son, and called his name Seth: For God, said she, hath appointed me another seed instead of Abel, whom Cain slew. Gen 4:25 (KJV)

23 But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.
Matthew 13:23 (KJV)

Cont.-38 but the tares are the children of the wicked one;

I John 3:10-12
V10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

V11 For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.
V12 Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.

39 The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels

4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:
Genesis 3:4 (KJV)

6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat Gen 3:6 (KJV)

13 And the LORD God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat. Gen 3:13 (KJV)

14 And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:
15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel. Gen 3:14-15 (KJV)

11 And now art thou cursed from the earth, which hath opened her mouth to receive thy brother's blood from thy hand;
12 When thou tillest the ground, it shall not henceforth yield unto thee her strength; a fugitive and a vagabond shalt thou be in the earth.
13 And Cain said unto the LORD, My punishment is greater than I can bear.
Genesis 4:11-13 (KJV)

30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.
Matthew 13:30 (KJV)

42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.
43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.
46 Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me?
47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.
John 8:38-48 (KJV)

40 As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.

11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. Rev 20:11-12 (KJV)

41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;

31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
Matt 25:31-32 (KJV)

42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

"And the devil who deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are also; and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever," (Rev. 20:10).

43 Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Rev 21:1-4 (KJV)

Dan
bumping to new page