Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Theology  > The Mind of Christ

Old 04-22-2014, 08:01 PM

Default The Mind of Christ

Would one who has the mind of Christ, also recognize/acknowledge the same God as Christ's own mind does??

Rev. 3:12, He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he will not go out from it anymore; and I will write on him the name of My God, and the name of the city of My God, the new Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God, and My new name.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-22-2014, 08:15 PM

Default Re: The Mind of Christ

I think if the flesh would shut up then the spirit would soar with the mind of Christ.
I noticed when my mother started dying, everything of the world fell off of her and she was someone I had never known. It was amazing and she was so sweet and pleasant.
The cares of the world suck the life out of us if we do not guard our hearts.

Last edited by Maizie : 04-22-2014 at 08:19 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-23-2014, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealMilkMan View Post
Would one who has the mind of Christ, also recognize/acknowledge the same God as Christ's own mind does??

Rev. 3:12, He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he will not go out from it anymore; and I will write on him the name of My God, and the name of the city of My God, the new Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God, and My new name.

We do "recognize/acknowledge the same God as Christ's own mind does!"
Otherwise we would not be called Christians.

JIM

Old 04-23-2014, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookinforacity View Post

We do "recognize/acknowledge the same God as Christ's own mind does!"
Otherwise we would not be called Christians.

JIM

If this is true then why do some have small faith and others have huge faith?
Old 04-26-2014, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maizie View Post
If this is true then why do some have small faith and others have huge faith?

I have no idea why I can believe this is true and you cannot.
Maybe it's because, even Christians, are people after all, aren't they.
Although, this does not diminish however the possibilities each has in Christ.

Be Blessed
JIM

Old 04-26-2014, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookinforacity View Post

I have no idea why I can believe this is true and you cannot.
Maybe it's because, even Christians, are people after all, aren't they.
Although, this does not diminish however the possibilities each has in Christ.

Be Blessed
JIM

That came off as sarcastic so I guess you have no interest in actually expounding. Thing is, I no longer want to transact with you since you are rude.
Old 04-26-2014, 07:36 AM

I believe having the mind of Christ means letting the Spirit of God lead us and not our flesh.
The Lord Jesus talked about having the interests of God as His desire in the book of John.
Old 04-28-2014, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maizie View Post
I believe having the mind of Christ means letting the Spirit of God lead us and not our flesh. The Lord Jesus talked about having the interests of God as His desire in the book of John.
I agree, if we have to my of Jesus, would would try hard to live as he did. In a way pleasing to his Father Jehovah God ,(Exo. 6:3). sadly the christendom world cam up with the phrase “WWJD” ,(what would Jesus do, Yet MANY do the total opposite. Jesus told us to follow him and basically not be about ourselves ,(Luke 9:23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me). He also said showed his TRUE followers, like him, didn't do what the rest of the world was doing ,(John 17:16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world). MANY christians like to quote ,(John 15:18,19), the world hating me, because they hated Jesus. And because I’m NOT doing the things of the world.

But the truth is, MANY christians are loved by the world. Because they DO... much of what the world does. Which is a NO-NO, for those who claim to be followers of Jesus. Which means they're NOT friends with “God” ,(James 4:4). and (1John 2:15,16 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world). Many christians condones and accept what Jehovah God and Jesus dislikes ,(Psa. 1:1 Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful).

we shouldn’t condone the actions of those living immorally and We shouldn’t even hang with them,(Exo. 23:1,2 Thou shalt not raise a false report: put not thine hand with the wicked to be an unrighteous witness. Thou shalt not follow a multitude to do evil; neither shalt thou speak in a cause to decline after many to wrest judgment). What MANY christians fail to see is if we accept and go along with what the wicked do. We will lose our lives, just as they would ,(Pro. 17:15 He that justifieth the wicked, and he that condemneth the just, even they both are abomination to the LORD). peace

Old 04-29-2014, 01:26 PM

God has given every believer, (as well as every human) the right to choose which way we desire to go. This is our "Free Will," so to speak. Therefore, some Christians do not use their faith, except, perhaps in times of trouble. Other believers utilize their faith constantly--daily, every moment. It all comes down to: How much of the Lord do each of us truly want?