Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Theology  > Is God really to blame?

Old 03-07-2014, 02:22 PM

Default Is God really to blame?

))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Last edited by Lookinforacity : 08-14-2014 at 12:23 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-07-2014, 05:55 PM

Default Re: Is God really to blame?

God allows all things to happen and He has His reasons, His plan is far greater than we can ever imagine.
Old 03-07-2014, 06:01 PM
Knight of the Forum

Amen, Clark!

Lookinforacity, your question is based on a short-term temporal and carnal viewpoint. If we are trusting God, we do not need to understand all of His motives for all of His actions or inactions. What we need to do is to love Him, trust Him and obey Him. People may call that a blind faith, but if we have something from Him in our heart, it is not blind.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-08-2014, 12:28 AM
Suspended for Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookinforacity View Post

Amadeus - - Clark

Of course the question is based on a short-term temporal and carnal viewpoint.

The question was posed, in order to find whether or not Christians feel, God micro manages their lives.

Christians say all the time, God took so and so home,.... My question is (DID HE)?

The question was, if this is true and God does take people home, (cause them to die), should we get angry with God, for fulfilling His Will in the persons life?

If a person gets sick, Cancers, Tumors, Heart problems, Diabetes and the like.
Should the Christian accept these things into their lives as from God?
If the person does accept these things as from God, should they enter into some kind of Therapy program, or take Medications in order to alleviate some symptoms, should they receive surgeries to remove such problems?
Wouldn't that be going against what God has placed upon the person to experience?

Where does the blind faith fall into this equation?

Be Blessed
JIM

We will just do what we do.
Situations will arise and and we will get different perspectives on how to deal with the situations and go through the process of life and then die.

Spirit came into us and spirit left us.
It's just a matter of how familiar you are with that spirit.
Is it you?
Or are you the vehicle it kept resuscitated?
Old 03-08-2014, 02:04 AM

Quote:

When a person gets sick, or dies, is it because God put the sickness on them, or God caused them to die... ie,(called them home).
If this is true, should a person become mad at God, for His Will being accomplished in a persons life?

Lookinforacity,

Good topic to refresh our mortal minds of the incompetence we hold as individuals… It is a “Gray” area for many who feel insecure talking about childhood deaths. Though the thought of a child dying is tragic and saddening in this world, we ourselves are walking dead until we are made alive in the spirit once again – by our faith.

Hidden diseases attack our bodies due to our own carelessness, someone else’s carelessness or homicidal behavior dooming our bodies unto death. It really isn’t our Heavenly Father’s fault – we choose our own destiny.

BURDEN
Jeremiah 23:36 (KJV) And the burden of the LORD shall ye mention no more: for every man's word shall be his burden; for ye have perverted the words of the living God, of the LORD of hosts our God.
Though this verse concerns mockery, it also relates to the fact that individuals control their own destiny as well as our own demise.

DEFILE
Matthew 15:11 (KJV) Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.
This verse is another confirmation from the New Testament affirming that an individual defiles his own being.

To this day, many blame our Heavenly Father for their despair, illnesses and losses for whatever reasons imaginable – yet they fail to identify with the incompetent human factor and circumstances.

COMMUNION UNWORTHILY
I Corinthians 11:27 (KJV) Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.

I Corinthians 11:28 (KJV) But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.

I Corinthians 11:29 (KJV) For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.

I Corinthians 11:30 (KJV) For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep.

I Corinthians 11:31 (KJV) For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.

I Corinthians 11:32 (KJV) But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.
Yet another consistent biblical record of our own inability to discern our own worthiness and a closer glimpse of the consequences of it… In the 32nd verse, Karma comes to mind, as well as redemption from the world.
Old 03-08-2014, 09:37 AM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:

Amadeus - - Clark

[size="3"][i]Of course the question is based on a short-term temporal and carnal viewpoint.

The question was posed, in order to find whether or not Christians feel, God micro manages their lives.
God gave us the authority to do so, but as followers of Christ, should we? Was the Holy Ghost not given to provide us with direction?

"O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps." Jerem 10:23

God will direct us in everything that is needful through the Holy Ghost, if we will allow it. Unfortunately, we like to keep hold of the reins even when we should not and it gets us into trouble.

Quote:
Christians say all the time, God took so and so home,.... My question is (DID HE)?

The question was, if this is true and God does take people home, (cause them to die), should we get angry with God, for fulfilling His Will in the persons life?
People without Jesus are already dead, so what difference is throwing dirt over their faces likely to make? Those with Jesus already have had not less than a foretaste of that which is to come.

Where is home? An old saying says, "home is where the heart is" and perhaps this is correct based on scripture as well. We either live in Jesus and He lives in us, or we have no part of Him

Quote:
If a person gets sick, Cancers, Tumors, Heart problems, Diabetes and the like.
Should the Christian accept these things into their lives as from God?
If the person does accept these things as from God, should they enter into some kind of Therapy program, or take Medications in order to alleviate some symptoms, should they receive surgeries to remove such problems?
Wouldn't that be going against what God has placed upon the person to experience?

The scripture says: "This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it" Psalm 118:24

Should we not do that, no matter what aches and pains and/or sickness may come our way? What should we do if those things do come our way?

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof." Matt 6:33-34

If we are doing the first things first always, will we ever be at fault in the decisions we make in this natural way?

Quote:
Where does the blind faith fall into this equation?
Faith based on what God has put in our hearts can never be blind. If people are blind in their walk what or who is it that they are following?

"Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch." Matt 15:14
Old 03-08-2014, 09:43 AM

Although I can give similar Scripture references, I prefer to speak from experience. My Dad was an extreme alcoholic and very intimidating. Over some time, however, I began to look back and see how God used this experience for His purposes. Even though difficult, it was all in His perfect will.
Old 03-08-2014, 11:49 AM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastorC View Post
Although I can give similar Scripture references, I prefer to speak from experience. My Dad was an extreme alcoholic and very intimidating. Over some time, however, I began to look back and see how God used this experience for His purposes. Even though difficult, it was all in His perfect will.
There is a reason for everything that happens. Uncovering how involved God is in it may be the purpose of the OP.
Old 03-08-2014, 12:32 PM

Quote:
I once thought this way, wondering why “God”, (Jehovah Exo. 6:3), would take a mother away from her kids. All I got was, “God wanted them home”. Even as a young teen, that made no sense. Because first humans didn't come from Heaven, but from the dust of the earth. Later I learned just what really happened.

Sickness death didn't come by Jehovah God, but by satan. It's him who caused mankind's conditions. Jehovah told Adam the day he eats of a certain tree,he die, (Gen. 2:16,17). an wicked Angel who was Jealous of Jehovah's sovereignty ,(Ezek. 28:13-18). decided he would get man to disobey Jehovah's law, This is why he went to Eve, (Gen. 3:1-5). obviously seeing she was a much more easier target then Adam.

Once she ate of the fruit, then got her husband to do so, the blessing for ALL humans changed. No man was to die, but live forever on a righteous,sinful earth. Satan is good at tricks, if we don't guard ourselves against him ,(Ephe. 6:11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil). There would have been NO sickness, because ALL humans would have been perfect beings.

This was never Jehovah's plan, and he will soon reverse what satan did ,(Rev. 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away). He started first, by sending his son Jesus. By means of his sacrificial blood, “MIGHT” ,be saved, (John 3:16,17).

MANY won't be, because they will be easily mislead, just as the first couple were. Those doing their best to do his ...”FATHER'S WILL”, as Jesus said, (Matt. 7:21). living righteously up to the end , “WILL / SHALL”, be saved ,(Matt. 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved). So again, it was NEVER in Jehovah's to bring this on humans. It came about because of sin lead by satan. peace
Old 03-08-2014, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastorC View Post

PastorC,

I endured similar circumstances, my dad was brutal and intimidating. He confessed on numerous occasions that he disliked children and that they were to be seen and not heard. Though he thought so little of us, I admired him so – he was my hero.

After countless strokes, he was unable to walk, use his arms and then lost his speech. For five long years, he was bedridden. In 1991, before he passed on, he was as meek as a child and often cried uncontrollably. I truly believe he inherited the kingdom of Heaven. Our Heavenly Father purified my dad’s spirit through chastisement because, he loved him too.