Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Theology  > Can Christians be antichrist?

Old 01-25-2014, 11:57 PM

Default Can Christians be antichrist?

Just what are we saying when we use the term 'antichrist'? The word 'anti' says it all. Something that 'undoes' the work of Christ. If the work of Christ was to redeem men from sin those who lead into sin are antichrist. If the work of Christ was to gather together the sheep then those who scatter the sheep are antichrist. If the work of Christ was to bring the light of the knowledge of God then those who set forth their own thoughts as equal to that knowledge are antichrist. Perhaps we should take care how we represent Christ to the world around us. We might not actually be helping Christ at all but rather the antichrist.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-26-2014, 10:36 AM

Default Re: Can Christians be antichrist?

Yes, especially those in many Christian leadership roles make many turn away from Christ, from their antichrist behaviors. But it can apply to us all. Peter, the first leader of the Christian church after Christs departure from earth, was called Satan due to his behavior at times, and we are often no better.
Knowledge and Wisdom are both good and worth finding, but they also have truly bad downsides, just study the life of Solomon to see the truth of this. Love does not puff up. Perfect Love drives out pride. Faith, Hope, and Love are the greatest of all things we can strive for, and the greatest of these are Love. Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with ALL your heart and lean NOT on your own understanding. In all your ways aknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-26-2014, 11:18 AM

Good point about Peter. So it would seem we do not have to remain antichrist. Christ lived a certain kind of life, a life of service to His calling and the sacrifice required to maintain that life. When we do otherwise we are saying to the world 'Hey, look at me, I'm a Christian and I am doing as I see fit and it's all OK'. That I think is the spirit of antichrist.
Old 01-26-2014, 12:33 PM

Christians who try to do things in their own strength are not "antichrist". They are just still under the law in some areas.
Old 01-26-2014, 05:09 PM

Where do we find that any Christians were ever under the law?
Old 01-26-2014, 06:15 PM
Suspended for Review

Fleshly motives are antichrist somewhat but it would be to absolutely to deny the Spirit/spirit.
Old 01-26-2014, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by christkid777 View Post
Where do we find that any Christians were ever under the law?
Romans is a good place if you want to read of it. Peter had a bit of trouble with going back under the law with the circumcision thing.

Galatians is all about the law vs grace.

Last edited by Maizie : 01-26-2014 at 08:01 PM.
Old 01-27-2014, 11:36 AM

From the words of Paul we can see that by definition a Christian is one who has been delivered from the external law and instead has the law written in their minds and heart. To go back to an external law, for the purpose of salvation, would be by definition 'anti christ' or anti God's grace. For the individual to seek justification from their own works would be to reject the gift of Christ. Again 'antichrist'. My question was not meant to bring contention. Only to cause us to see where our hope lies.
Old 01-27-2014, 08:29 PM

The term antichrist is a pretty serious label so to assign it to a brother or sister who is not purposely trying to undermine the truth of Jesus Christ is a serious matter. In fact it could be considered slander if it is not true.

My point is there are a lot of people who are born again, considered Christians but who for different reasons do not walk in complete faith (grace).
I had a friend who became sick and was under the law. He was saved when he was younger but had strayed somewhat. The whole point of God's work in his life at that point was not to heal him, which God did actually do, but to move him from the law to grace. A person does not want to die and not be under grace. This is very serious and the Lord desires we be under grace and stay under grace.

Antichrist is a spirit which is evil and murderous towards the things of the Lord.

Last edited by Maizie : 01-27-2014 at 08:32 PM.
Old 01-27-2014, 11:21 PM

I agree with most of your assertions Maizie. My intentions are not to slander. However as Soulheart pointed out Jesus rebuked Peter and spoke of him as if he were saten. Why? Perhaps several reasons but on the surface Peter was interfering with the express purpose of God. The Father had given Christ directions and Peter was contradicting those directions. We might argue over wether that made Peter antichrist or not but it does show that even someone accounted as great as Peter could misunderstand the purpose of Christ. Peter was going against Christ though his heart was not perverted. I would contend that anytime we choose a direction or solution that does not vindicate Christ we are doing the same.