Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Theology  > Ask Seek Knock

Old 01-23-2014, 06:50 PM

Default Ask Seek Knock

Matthew 7:7-12

Ask, Seek, Knock

7 “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.

9 “Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? 10 Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? 11 If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him! 12 So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets."

This may be common knowledge but the ask, seek, knock is not a one time deal. Its a lifestyle and its ongoing which means that we are not to stop but to continue asking and seeking and knocking.

And also from James, "you have not because you ask not" so if we do not know something, we have only to ask and God gives to us generously and without fault meaning it isn't based on being deserving of it.

I am confident that we each one know things that the Lord has given us specifically because of having applied His Word. The problem is though that we are limited in our being able to share it because all things NOT being equal, we often shut down what we do not know of ourselves.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-23-2014, 07:01 PM

Default Re: Ask Seek Knock

And because most of us are much like Thomas... a believer.... but unless its a personal revelation to us, we resist it. I assume most of us believe that if its important to us beyond general knowledge, it will be shown us personally. Arent we all much like children, simply wanting more attention from the Lord, and the Lord is good. In His time, He will show us, just as He did Thomas.
Knowledge and Wisdom are both good and worth finding, but they also have truly bad downsides, just study the life of Solomon to see the truth of this. Love does not puff up. Perfect Love drives out pride. Faith, Hope, and Love are the greatest of all things we can strive for, and the greatest of these are Love. Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with ALL your heart and lean NOT on your own understanding. In all your ways aknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-23-2014, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulheart3 View Post
And because most of us are much like Thomas... a believer.... but unless its a personal revelation to us, we resist it. I assume most of us believe that if its important to us beyond general knowledge, it will be shown us personally. Arent we all much like children, simply wanting more attention from the Lord, and the Lord is good. In His time, He will show us, just as He did Thomas.
True. Except I heard the Lord saying something recently. It was in reference to His having said, "How have you been with me so long and yet you still do not understand?" He was showing me how exasperated He was because of the lack of faith in His own people.
Old 01-23-2014, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maizie View Post
True. Except I heard the Lord saying something recently. It was in reference to His having said, "How have you been with me so long and yet you still do not understand?" He was showing me how exasperated He was because of the lack of faith in His own people.
I see the same thing. But faith in God, and faith in what another brother or sister in the Lord see's as truth is quite a bit different. Faith in God is like drinking from the purest mountain water, versus the normal stuff we usually drink because we aren't able to spend all our time by the mountain stream. In the world but not of it, but being in it takes being aware of whats going on around you while trying to keep the Lord in the back of your mind.

Yes, faith is what pleases the Lord, I think that's why He chose Peter as leader, not because he was the smartest, or even the wisest of the apostles, but because of his faith.
Knowledge and Wisdom are both good and worth finding, but they also have truly bad downsides, just study the life of Solomon to see the truth of this. Love does not puff up. Perfect Love drives out pride. Faith, Hope, and Love are the greatest of all things we can strive for, and the greatest of these are Love. Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with ALL your heart and lean NOT on your own understanding. In all your ways aknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths.
Old 01-23-2014, 07:59 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Matthew 7:7-12

Ask, Seek, Knock

7 “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.

9 “Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? 10 Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? 11 If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him! 12 So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets."

This may be common knowledge but the ask, seek, knock is not a one time deal. Its a lifestyle and its ongoing which means that we are not to stop but to continue asking and seeking and knocking.

And also from James, "you have not because you ask not" so if we do not know something, we have only to ask and God gives to us generously and without fault meaning it isn't based on being deserving of it.

I am confident that we each one know things that the Lord has given us specifically because of having applied His Word. The problem is though that we are limited in our being able to share it because all things NOT being equal, we often shut down what we do not know of ourselves.
Keep seeking, keep asking and keep knocking ,keep confessing, keep praying and as my departed brother in Christ said " Keep on keeping on "! God loves us so much that He wants us with Him more than what we will ever know.

ped
Old 01-24-2014, 08:19 AM

Quote:
I see the same thing. But faith in God, and faith in what another brother or sister in the Lord see's as truth is quite a bit different. Faith in God is like drinking from the purest mountain water, versus the normal stuff we usually drink because we aren't able to spend all our time by the mountain stream. In the world but not of it, but being in it takes being aware of whats going on around you while trying to keep the Lord in the back of your mind.

Yes, faith is what pleases the Lord, I think that's why He chose Peter as leader, not because he was the smartest, or even the wisest of the apostles, but because of his faith.
Doesn't John 16:20 tell us that if we are in Christ then we will speak His Words although we are imperfect vessels? Why do we not recognize the truth in one another as being from God?
Old 01-24-2014, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElpidioLGagolinan View Post
Keep seeking, keep asking and keep knocking ,keep confessing, keep praying and as my departed brother in Christ said " Keep on keeping on "! God loves us so much that He wants us with Him more than what we will ever know.

ped
This is true. And it is a mistake for anyone to believe that their circumstance defines God's love for them.
Old 01-24-2014, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Doesn't John 16:20 tell us that if we are in Christ then we will speak His Words although we are imperfect vessels? Why do we not recognize the truth in one another as being from God?
Because the church down throughout history has not taught the common believer to trust in the Holy Spirit. Instead they teach ppl to trust scripture only, or scripture and tradition (some traditions, picked and chosen down throughout time), and people in authority in the church (which we know many of these leaders to be often caught up in something other than the Holy Spirit). And taught the difference between knowledge, versus emotion, versus the Holy Spirit, and that there are other voices out there other than the Holy Spirit that will sometimes pretend to be the Holy Spirit, much like satan pretended to be wise and trustworthy about things of God in the Garden of Eden. Havn't you ever thought something was definitely right, only to realize you were wrong? It doesn't happen often to me, but it still happens.
Old 01-24-2014, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Because the church down throughout history has not taught the common believer to trust in the Holy Spirit. Instead they teach ppl to trust scripture only, or scripture and tradition (some traditions, picked and chosen down throughout time), and people in authority in the church (which we know many of these leaders to be often caught up in something other than the Holy Spirit). And taught the difference between knowledge, versus emotion, versus the Holy Spirit, and that there are other voices out there other than the Holy Spirit that will sometimes pretend to be the Holy Spirit, much like satan pretended to be wise and trustworthy about things of God in the Garden of Eden. Havn't you ever thought something was definitely right, only to realize you were wrong? It doesn't happen often to me, but it still happens.

Well the bottom line is Jesus says we must come as children so for the Spirit of Truth (God) to allow satan to test one of God's children, that child is well prepared for such a test. The 40 days with Jesus in the wilderness being prepared is the proof of what I am saying.

I have been visited by the permission of God by a spirit mimicking the Holy Spirit. I had asked God how people can be deceived by such a spirit as to confuse it with the Holy Spirit. A heart which has a love for the truth is first line of defense against deception. In fact it is imperative against deception that truth be the goal not what we want the truth to be.
Old 01-24-2014, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Well the bottom line is Jesus says we must come as children so for the Spirit of Truth (God) to allow satan to test one of God's children, that child is well prepared for such a test. The 40 days with Jesus in the wilderness being prepared is the proof of what I am saying.

I have been visited by the permission of God by a spirit mimicking the Holy Spirit. I had asked God how people can be deceived by such a spirit as to confuse it with the Holy Spirit. A heart which has a love for the truth is first line of defense against deception. In fact it is imperative against deception that truth be the goal not what we want the truth to be.
So you are never deceived huh?