Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Theology  > "My Lord and Savior"

Old 11-30-2013, 12:16 PM
matt041187

Default "My Lord and Savior"

Does anyone know of a Marian Apparition where Mary confessed that Jesus is her Lord and Savior?? ("jesus is my Lord and savior".)

Protestants want to hear Mary say that in her apparitions because no Devil would say "Jesus is my Lord and Savior".

I dont know how to find the answer to this question even if I search for it online. Thank you if you have something to help me out.

Also, I have often read Mary saying great things about Christ and asking people to stop offending God for he is greatly offended. In Scripture, Demons did confess that Jesus was the Holy one but they did so in Hatred. I dont believe that there is anywhere in Scripture where Satan appeared as an Angel of light and told people to stop offending God.

Also, The Verse "Satan can appear as an Angel of light" isnt a very good verse to quote in regard to Marian apparitions. Mary is not an Angel.

Thanks for any Help you have to offer.

Last edited by matt041187 : 11-30-2013 at 12:44 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-30-2013, 01:20 PM
Knight of the Forum

Default Re: "My Lord and Savior"

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt041187 View Post
........Protestants want to hear Mary say that in her apparitions because no Devil would say "Jesus is my Lord and Savior"...........
And if they did hear it they still wouldn't believe so why beat your hed against the wall looking for one.

"God in his deepest mystery is not a solitude but a family, since he has in himself fatherhood, sonship and the essence of the family which is love"
- Saint Pope John Paul II
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-03-2013, 06:32 AM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatholicCrusader View Post
And if they did hear it they still wouldn't believe so why beat your hed against the wall looking for one.
There are also ways to say " Jesus is my Lord and Savior" in none verbal ways. Action speaks louder than words. It is written in the Scriptures that Mary kept in her heart words spoken about and by Jesus.

There is a verse in the Bible where Mary said to follow what Jesus says or said.

ped
Old 12-06-2013, 11:09 AM
matt041187

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElpidioLGagolinan View Post
There are also ways to say " Jesus is my Lord and Savior" in none verbal ways. Action speaks louder than words. It is written in the Scriptures that Mary kept in her heart words spoken about and by Jesus.

There is a verse in the Bible where Mary said to follow what Jesus says or said.

ped
Are you a noncatholic Christian? If so I am in awe of what you just said. Especially if you think Marian apparitions are demonic but please forgive me for my presumption.

Pax tecum!
Old 12-06-2013, 03:42 PM

Aware that she was carrying the Son of God, while visiting her cousin Elizabeth, Luke writes in Luke 1:45-47:
"Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! And Mary said, My soul glorifies the Lord and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior."
The beginning of Mary's song clearly demonstrates her deep belief in the Lord and His Son. Mary believed, glorified Him, and her spirit rejoiced in God her Savior, even before He was even born. Her deep passion for the Lord is plainly evident!
Old 12-06-2013, 03:48 PM
matt041187

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastorC View Post
Aware that she was carrying the Son of God, while visiting her cousin Elizabeth, Luke writes in Luke 1:45-47:
"Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished! And Mary said, My soul glorifies the Lord and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior."
The beginning of Mary's song clearly demonstrates her deep belief in the Lord and His Son. Mary believed, glorified Him, and her spirit rejoiced in God her Savior, even before He was even born. Her deep passion for the Lord is plainly evident!
Do you know any Greek?
Old 12-06-2013, 06:12 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Are you a noncatholic Christian? If so I am in awe of what you just said. Especially if you think Marian apparitions are demonic but please forgive me for my presumption.

Pax tecum!
I am Catholic, Baptist, Pentecostal Christian. Do I think Marian apparitions are demonic ? My indirect answer to that is, is do I consider Marian apparitions biblical ? First, to be biblical, Jesus will be glorified, and that means God is glorified. If Jesus is not glorified, then we are left with the other choice.

ped
Old 12-06-2013, 06:36 PM

Mary was a servant of the Lord like all believers are. I just believe she was no more important than Jacob or Abraham or David and none of them are held to her standard.
Old 12-09-2013, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Are you a noncatholic Christian? If so I am in awe of what you just said. Especially if you think Marian apparitions are demonic but please forgive me for my presumption. Pax tecum!
i'm sorry, but that person is right, and I WAS... a catholic. First Mary was an imperfect human, who serve the God of Israel ,Jehovah ,(Exo. 6:3 And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them). She was the one Jehovah God chose to carry a human Jesus, his Son. But Mary was NEVER meant to be worshiped, or prayed to. Funny MANY believe in the devil, but don't seem to believe he can MAKE THINGS seem as though it's of God. If satan can have earthly ministers, than he can also pretend to play Jesus or God ,(2Cor. 11:13-15 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works).

Satan can also pretend to be almost ANY dead being, be-it spiritual or once human. Except he would NEVER pretend to be the God of Israel, he's stupid, but NOT that stupid! There's even a story in the bible that shows, a spirit medium, (an action God tells us NOT to get involved with ,(1 Sam.28:3-19). In which king Saul, wanted to speak to dead faithful Samuel, because Jehovah God wouldn't answer him. Because he disobey Jehovah’s command. It wasn't Samuel, though satan made it seem as though it was. Someone would ask, how do you know it WASN'T him? Well simple, first God gave us commonsense, rules in which to follow, and his Holy Spirit to KNOW the truth. So if Samuel follow his law on NOT.. dealing with mediums, and he didn't when he was living. IF... he could speak with the living, do you think he would come BACK … through a medium? It was satan pretending to be Mary, or ANY dead person, because he wants us to believe the dead can STILL communicate, in which they can't.

See ,(Eccle. 9:5,6 For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten. Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the sun). And ( Psa. 146:4 His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth; in that very day his thoughts perish). If one can still communicate with the ones they know, than that would mean their THOUGHTS did NOT “perish.” which would make God a liar, and ANY christians should know Jehovah God hates lying. It's Jehovah God, which can give us visions ,(if he wants), of someone. But that's just that a vision ,see for example here... ,(Acts 7:55,56 But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God, And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God). It was satan! peace

Old 12-09-2013, 01:02 PM
Suspended for Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJo View Post
There's even a story in the bible that shows, a spirit medium, (an action God tells us NOT to get involved with ,(1 Sam.28:3-19). In which king Saul, wanted to speak to dead faithful Samuel, because Jehovah God wouldn't answer him. Because he disobey Jehovah’s command. It wasn't Samuel, though satan made it seem as though it was. Someone would ask, how do you know it WASN'T him? Well simple, first God gave us commonsense, rules in which to follow, and his Holy Spirit to KNOW the truth. So if Samuel follow his law on NOT.. dealing with mediums, and he didn't when he was living. IF... he could speak with the living, do you think he would come BACK … through a medium?
You have human reasoning in your reply; but it contradicts the Bible. The text says it was Samuel. You may not believe it was; but the Bible says it was.

The Catholic Church is right about Marian apparitions. Some are authentic and some are bogus. I was greatly encouraged by what Pope Francis said about this recently since it is easy to get misled by deceptive spirits. One must test the spirits if they show up.

The key to understanding what the medium of Endor saw lies in recognizing that "a man" as we think of him is a spirit with a "heart, soul, mind and physical body." The medium contacted a part of Samuel that should have been allowed to remain resting until the resurrection.

Your theory of things has a Satanic impersonator chastising Saul for his sins and accurately predicting the future. That is not how Satan works. The way false spirits work when they show up pretending to be "dead" people is to trick people. Sometimes they promise success in something just to lead someone into a bad situation so he will be destroyed and die in his sins.

You have been taught things from a human tradition established by spiritually blind men who made false predictions. Why do you follow such men who know less than you? Why follow a tradition that says the Bible doesn't mean what it says? Ask yourself who was talking to demons?

I'd say the men who make false predictions are the ones who were deceived by demons. And these false prophets deny that this was Samuel who gave a true prediction. While making predictions that come true is no proof something came from God, the Bible says that when when people make predictions that don't come true they are not from God.

Deuteronomy 18:22 When a prophet speaketh in the name of the Lord, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the Lord hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.