Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Theology  > 'sheep' Call

Old 09-05-2013, 12:23 PM

Default 'sheep' Call

Peace to all

Jesus said in John 10:27, "My sheep hear (listen to) My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me;

Who does Jesus say is the ONLY true God??

Acts 3:22-23, For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the LORD your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him (Jesus) shall ye hear in ALL THINGS whatsoever he (Jesus) shall say unto you. And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-08-2013, 05:43 AM

Default Re: 'sheep' Call

[B]3) And this is life eternal that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.
4) I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest Me to do.
5) And now, O Father, glorify thou Me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

John 17:3-5[/b]

Jesus is speaking to the Father as God, but never denies that He is God, but rather make reference to the fact that He was the Daysman that Job cried out for, for we see that He say that He had this glory before the world was in John 17:5.
Neither is there any daysman betwixt us, that might lay His hand upon us both. Job 9:33

Jesus became the Daysman that would be both God (Galatians 3:20) and Man (I Timothy 2:5) who might understand God and flesh. We read of this in John 1:1; 14; 8:58; Acts 20:28; Philippians 2:5-11. We see that by becoming a Man Jesus was made a little lower than the Angels, so that He could taste death for every man, Hebrews 2:9. Christ love us so much that He allow Himself to become the Firstfruit of God/the beginning of the New Creation of God by His Resurrection from the dead (Leviticus 23:4-12; I Corinthians 15:20-23; Revelations 3:14). By doing this Jesus who was rich became poor that we who are poor might by His poverty become rich (II Corinthians 8:9). Not because we deserve it, but because the Word love us so much He was willing to become flesh to save us from sin.

We even see Jesus in the OT calling Himself God.
16) Come ye near unto Me, hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning: from the time that it was, there Am I : and the now the Lord GOD, and His Spirit, hath sent Me.
17) Thus saith the LORD, thy Redeeemer, the Holy One of Israel; I am the LORD thy God which teacheth to profit, which leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go.

Isaiah 48:16-17
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-08-2013, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19Duggarfan View Post
[B]3) And this is life eternal that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.
4) I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest Me to do.
5) And now, O Father, glorify thou Me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

John 17:3-5[/b]

Jesus is speaking to the Father as God, ......
Peace to you 19Duggarfan;

Is Jesus speaking to the Father as God or is Jesus speaking to the Father as the only true God??

Old 09-26-2013, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19Duggarfan View Post
[size="3"][B[color="Red"]]3)

actually at Job 9:34, that WASN'T Jesus speaking but Job if you read the who chapter. You said Jesus NEVER denied he was God. But why do people NEED to see him “deny” that he is God, when he showed TOO many times that he's the SON, and has a God, NOT he is God. Here's a few scriptures spoken by Jesus ,(John 3:16,17 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved). Here.. (John 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him). And here... (Mark 10:17,18 And when he was gone forth into the way, there came one running, and kneeled to him, and asked him, Good Master, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life? And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God). Gal. 3:20, doesn't make reference to Jesus being “both man and God”. Paul was speaking of Jesus being the “mediator”,(1 Tim. 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus).

back in the days of old, they had to use animals in order for their prayers to reach God ,Jehovah... that is ,(Exo. 6:3 And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them). The Lamb was for their sins, until Jesus was sent by his Father, Jehovah God, to be out sacrificial Lamb ,(John 1:29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world). Because we being imperfect, CAN'T touch a Perfect God, even through prayer. This is the whole reason why we SUPPOSE to end our prayers to Jesus Father , Jehovah God, making his name holy ,(Matt.6:9), with “in Jesus name" ,(John 14:13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son). This doesn't mean pray to Jesus, in his name as MANY have done. The first perfect human, cost us our lives ,(Adam). The second MAN lived a righteous life. NOT doing as the rest of the world was doing ,(John 17:16) , so when he died, he was able to save us, IF.. we chose to be saved.

You said .. “Jesus loved us so much that he ALLOWED himself to become the first fruit of God”. True!, Jesus did love us, but as he would show ALL praises belongs to his Father. because he does ONLY.. what he Father tells him ,(John 5:30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me). And for ,(Isa. 48:16,17) , MANY bible removed the name JEHOVAH, and REPLACED it with capital L-O-R-D. And as we become lighted by God's words, we would understand as in verse 16Lord GOD” ,are titles, NOT names. So one of those TITLES, should have had the name Jehovah! Also it was his Prophet Isaiah who was speaking, NOT Jesus. Verse 17 “Thus saith the LORD, thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; I am the LORD thy God which teacheth thee to profit, which leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go”. Understand Jehovah God is the ORIGINAL “Redeemer”, he is the one who had the say so concerning one saving us, NOT Jesus. Jesus was the son who was about pleasing his Father ,(Pro. 8:22- 30 Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him). so Jesus couldn't have come in our behalf, if his Father and God didn't send him. peace
Old 09-27-2013, 06:44 PM

It by following Jesus we accept as our Lord. We claim Him as Lord but if we are not following Him we are only decieving.