Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Theology  > Satan knows the Bible. He knows more so beware.

Old 08-02-2013, 10:26 AM
Knight of the Forum

Default Satan knows the Bible. He knows more so beware.

I thought I knew the Bible but I just encounter a person who knows the Bible to use it and disprove it. I guess my mistake is trying to win the debate. No I am not talking about anybody here in this website. The person I am talking about make me or anybody here look like a sunday school picnic.

ped
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-02-2013, 10:51 AM

Default Re: Satan knows the Bible. He knows more so beware.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElpidioLGagolinan View Post
I thought I knew the Bible but I just encounter a person who knows the Bible to use it and disprove it. I guess my mistake is trying to win the debate. No I am not talking about anybody here in this website. The person I am talking about make me or anybody here look like a sunday school picnic.

ped
This person you are referring to may be 'worldly wise' and have great intellectual prowess but remember:

"For consider your calling, brethren, that there were not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble; but God has chosen the foolish things of the world to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to shame the things which are strong, 28and the base things of the world and the despised God has chosen, the things that are not, so that He may nullify the things that are,"
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-02-2013, 08:43 PM
Knight of the Forum

We certainly do not need to win debates to please God. He looks at our hearts rather than the number of points that we or others may want to add to our tally according to some man-made merit system.

God can and will use us as we are willing and as He chooses to do so. Whether we are so used or not, God alone still gives any real increase to anyone. So then let us give God the glory!
Old 08-02-2013, 09:22 PM

Satan does know the bible, he quotes scripture to Jesus during His trial in Matt 4 or Luke 4
Old 08-04-2013, 11:34 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkthompson View Post
Satan does know the bible, he quotes scripture to Jesus during His trial in Matt 4 or Luke 4
Yes Satan used scriptures during the tempting of our Lord Jesus Christ, but he (Satan) used them wrongly to promote his agenda. If Satan tried to use them on our Lord, this tells me that he will and had used them on us, so we can not just learn the Bible carelessly.

ped
Old 08-04-2013, 11:35 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
We certainly do not need to win debates to please God. He looks at our hearts rather than the number of points that we or others may want to add to our tally according to some man-made merit system.

God can and will use us as we are willing and as He chooses to do so. Whether we are so used or not, God alone still gives any real increase to anyone. So then let us give God the glory!
Good advice .

ped
Old 08-11-2013, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElpidioLGagolinan View Post
It's not that satan knows the bible, the true fact is, he knows Jehovah God's words, his reasons for doing everything he's doing. After all satan was at one time, a righteous Angel. And he knows he started all of this crap. Satan knows how to make people think they see their dead love one. I once though I did, but once I became closer to Jehovah God and Jesus , Learning about death, and humans, He stop pretending. If he shows up, he knows I know, it's just him or his weak-butt followers. As well as other tricks satan has played on MANY people. This is why Jehovah wants us to stay close to him ,( Ephe. 6:11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles, (tricks) of the devil). Now I know what's from satan or Jehovah God.