Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Theology  > Hell's Population Clock

Old 07-23-2013, 11:41 PM
Suspended for Review

Default Hell's Population Clock

According to the Lord's testimony as an expert witness in all matters pertaining to the afterlife;
the majority of earth's accountable human beings haven't been making it to safety when they
cross over to the other side.

†. Luke 13;22-24 . . And he went through the cities and villages, teaching, and journeying
toward Jerusalem. Then said one unto him, master, are there few that be saved? And he said unto
them; Strive to enter in at the strait gate; for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall
not be able.

†. Mtt 7;13-14 . . Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that
leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that
leads to life, and only a few find it.

†. Mtt 22;14 . . For many are invited, but few are chosen.

Webster's defines "many" as; consisting of, or amounting to, a large but indefinite number; while
"few" is defined as; consisting of, or amounting to, only a small number; viz; not many, i.e.
some, but indeterminately small in number

According to Webster's then; few indicates a small percentage, and many indicates a large
percentage; in other words; many = the majority. Bear with me while I flesh this out.

As of July 25, 2013 @ 11:42 pm New York time, there were approximately 316,312,400 people
alive in the USA with a death rate of approximately 1 every 12 seconds; which amounts to an
average of 7,200 American deaths of all ages during just one 24-hour civil day.

According to 2009 US Census data; roughly 27.3% of America's daily deaths are under the age
of 19, which would indicate that approximately 5,234 of the current daily death rate of 7,200 per
24 hours are adults. Giving the "many" the benefit of the doubt by setting their maximum
percentage at 51%, would indicate a minimum of 2,669 American adults transferring to perdition
every day; which translates to roughly 111 per hour.

That's a very conservative estimate as the Lord didn't really specify exact percentages to
represent the quantities of few and many. Just think; by the time CBS completes its half-hour
evening news report, a bare-bones minimum of 55 Americans cross over to the Bible's hell.

Using a ratio of 2,669 condemned souls per 316,312,400 population; computing the number of
condemned souls worldwide from a currently estimated population of 7,100,139,430 people,
rounds out to something like 59,910 new arrivals in the Bible's Hell every 24 hours; in other
words; 2,496 souls every sixty minutes on the clock.

Those numbers would fill the 51,800 seats of the new Yankee Stadium to capacity in roughly 20
hours and 45 minutes. In other words, if those 59,910 souls started filling the stadium at 6;00 am
this morning; by 02;45 am tomorrow, the stadium would be full. Meanwhile, another 59,910
souls would be lining up outside to take their place.

Christmas and New Year's are even worse. A study done of 26 years of death certificates shows
that coronary fatalities are, on average, 11.9% higher on those days than any other days of the
year; with non-heart deaths spiking to 12.2% higher. Perdition makes no exceptions for holidays;
no, none at all. Souls never stop cascading into the dungeons of hell in an endless stream like the
seemingly infinite number of broilers passing through Tyson chicken processing plants on a
daily basis on their way to KFC, Wendy's, Carl's Jr, McDonald's, Burger King, Popeye, Dairy
Queen, In-n-Out Burger, and every other kind of restaurant, sidewalk vendor, catering truck, and
supermarket you can possibly imagine.

Buen Camino
/
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-24-2013, 03:02 AM
Suspended for Review

Default Re: Hell's Population Clock

Quote:
Originally Posted by weberhome02 View Post
According to the Lord's testimony as an expert witness in all matters pertaining to the afterlife;
the majority of earth's accountable human beings haven't been making it to safety when they
cross over to the other side.

†. Luke 13;22-24 . . And he went through the cities and villages, teaching, and journeying
toward Jerusalem. Then said one unto him, master, are there few that be saved? And he said unto
them; Strive to enter in at the strait gate; for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall
not be able.

†. Mtt 7;13-14 . . Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that
leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that
leads to life, and only a few find it.

†. Mtt 22;14 . . For many are invited, but few are chosen.

Webster's defines "many" as; consisting of, or amounting to, a large but indefinite number; while
"few" is defined as; consisting of, or amounting to, only a small number; viz; not many, i.e.
some, but indeterminately small in number

According to Webster's then; few indicates a small percentage, and many indicates a large
percentage; in other words; many = the majority. Bear with me while I flesh this out.

As of July 25, 2013 @ 11:42 pm New York time, there were approximately 316,312,400 people
alive in the USA with a death rate of approximately 1 every 12 seconds; which amounts to an
average of 7,200 American deaths of all ages during just one 24-hour civil day.

According to 2009 US Census data; roughly 27.3% of America's daily deaths are under the age
of 19, which would indicate that approximately 5,234 of the current daily death rate of 7,200 per
24 hours are adults. Giving the "many" the benefit of the doubt by setting their maximum
percentage at 51%, would indicate a minimum of 2,669 American adults transferring to perdition
every day; which translates to roughly 111 per hour.

That's a very conservative estimate as the Lord didn't really specify exact percentages to
represent the quantities of few and many. Just think; by the time CBS completes its half-hour
evening news report, a bare-bones minimum of 55 Americans cross over to the Bible's hell.

Using a ratio of 2,669 condemned souls per 316,312,400 population; computing the number of
condemned souls worldwide from a currently estimated population of 7,100,139,430 people,
rounds out to something like 59,910 new arrivals in the Bible's Hell every 24 hours; in other
words; 2,496 souls every sixty minutes on the clock.

Those numbers would fill the 51,800 seats of the new Yankee Stadium to capacity in roughly 20
hours and 45 minutes. In other words, if those 59,910 souls started filling the stadium at 6;00 am
this morning; by 02;45 am tomorrow, the stadium would be full. Meanwhile, another 59,910
souls would be lining up outside to take their place.

Christmas and New Year's are even worse. A study done of 26 years of death certificates shows
that coronary fatalities are, on average, 11.9% higher on those days than any other days of the
year; with non-heart deaths spiking to 12.2% higher. Perdition makes no exceptions for holidays;
no, none at all. Souls never stop cascading into the dungeons of hell in an endless stream like the
seemingly infinite number of broilers passing through Tyson chicken processing plants on a
daily basis on their way to KFC, Wendy's, Carl's Jr, McDonald's, Burger King, Popeye, Dairy
Queen, In-n-Out Burger, and every other kind of restaurant, sidewalk vendor, catering truck, and
supermarket you can possibly imagine.

Buen Camino
/
And then there is heaven which few find the narrow gate to:

The Great Multitude in White Robes

9 After this I looked, and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and before the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands. 10 And they cried out in a loud voice:

“Salvation belongs to our God,
who sits on the throne,
and to the Lamb.”

With this amount of which "no one could count" it would seem this event is a long long time off or there is some kind of misinterpretation somewhere in scripture.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-24-2013, 05:07 AM
Suspended for Review

It makes you wonder why God made so many people? We put people in jail for having too many cats -- maybe God needs some jail time for having more people than He can take of?
Old 07-24-2013, 07:05 AM
Knights of the Forum

In order to have the possibility of love, there must be the existential freedom that makes for it to be possible. Love, especially deep love, involves choice, a decision to relate to a person, or to something, in this temporal world and beyond it, in an especial way. Hate, correspondingly, love's antithesis requires that same freedom.

This existential freedom works in the context of facticity, that which limits the freedom. We are engifted with love, and we gift others with it.

Hell is a decision about how one has been engifted and how one gifts others. It is a misuse of those gifts.

Most folks love themselves to the contempt of God in the end; and, they act accordingly, seeking that happiness that best serves their own isolated ego. In the end, they do not mind that the happiness that they seek may be self-destructive and illusionary. What is important is that, in the end, it is their will, that has the final say in the matter.

Hells population clock increases, but it is something that is willed by the mass of humanity and by, in the end, the God who has granted that existential freedom that has made love possible.

Love is a great gift but it makes for the possibility of hell . . .

Peace be with you!
The humble, meek, merciful, just, pious and devout souls are everywhere of one religion; and when death has taken off the mask, they will know one another though the divers liveries they wear here make them strangers.
William Penn (1644-1718) from Some Fruits of Solitude (1718)
Old 07-24-2013, 02:05 PM
Suspended for Review

According to Rev 7:14, the great multitude of Rev 7:9 isn't accumulating as we speak; but is
specifically said by the elder who spoke with John to have come out of the great tribulation;
which is a future seven-year era preceding Christ's return. Precisely how those folk will lose their
lives in that era isn't said but I'm guessing many of them will be summarily executed for refusing
to bow down to the image of the beast as per Rev 13:15.

Another problem associated with the beast is the mark that people will need on their foreheads in
order to buy or sell; which means that unless people receive that mark, they will not be able to
buy food, replace their shoes, shop for clothing, ride public transit, rent an apartment, own a
home, go to a hospital or a dentist, pawn their jewelry, or fill their tanks with gasoline. It doesn't
say; but I think it's safe to assume that people won't even be able to hold down a job unless they
take that mark. In other words; without the beast's mark; people will be untouchable; viz: as far
as commerce is concerned: they won't exist.

Anyway, if that great multitude which no man can number is representative of the tribulation's "few"
just think how many more must be representative of the tribulation's "many"

Buen Camino
/

Last edited by weberhome02 : 07-24-2013 at 02:09 PM.
Old 07-25-2013, 06:41 AM
Knights of the Forum

Hi weberhome02!

Quote:

According to Rev 7:14, the great multitude of Rev 7:9 isn't accumulating as we speak; but is
specifically said by the elder who spoke with John to have come out of the great tribulation;
which is a future seven-year era preceding Christ's return. Precisely how those folk will lose their
lives in that era isn't said but I'm guessing many of them will be summarily executed for refusing
to bow down to the image of the beast as per Rev 13:15.

Another problem associated with the beast is the mark that people will need on their foreheads in
order to buy or sell; which means that unless people receive that mark, they will not be able to
buy food, replace their shoes, shop for clothing, ride public transit, rent an apartment, own a
home, go to a hospital or a dentist, pawn their jewelry, or fill their tanks with gasoline. It doesn't
say; but I think it's safe to assume that people won't even be able to hold down a job unless they
take that mark. In other words; without the beast's mark; people will be untouchable; viz: as far
as commerce is concerned: they won't exist.

Anyway, if that great multitude which no man can number is representative of the tribulation's "few"
just think how many more must be representative of the tribulation's "many"

Buen Camino

There is indeed the great multitude that appears in John's vision in the Book of Revelation. But we must remember Luke 13:23-24 (NIV 2011):

Someone asked him, "Lord, are only a few people going to be saved?" He said to them, "Make every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to . . ."

and Matthew 7:13 (NIV 2011):

"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it."

Some have stated the great multitude that appears in John's vision need not be based upon a millennial interpretation of the text but as a hidden proof text for apokatastasis.

Love makes for the possibility of hell . . .

In a sense, believers are born (and born again) to raise hell . . .

Peace be with you!
The humble, meek, merciful, just, pious and devout souls are everywhere of one religion; and when death has taken off the mask, they will know one another though the divers liveries they wear here make them strangers.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:13 AM
Suspended for Review

I sometimes wish there were tour buses to hell sort of like those buses in Beverly Hills where
tourists are taken around to see the homes of the stars so people could see what's in store down
there; and not only the degree of suffering that people can expect in the next life, but also hell's
impact upon the human mind.

I was baptized an infant into the Roman Catholic Church in 1944 and subsequently went on to
catechism and completed First Holy Communion and Confirmation. My catechism teachers did
an excellent job of instilling within me a fear of eternal fire. But one thing Rome's curriculum
didn't address very much is the mental anguish that people endure down there.

†. Matt 13:42 . . there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

I didn't really appreciate Christ's statement until running across an impressionistic painting of
Dante's Inferno by Gustave Doré. It was then that I realized just how miserable and unhappy
people in hell must be; and just how lacking in hope of escape and/or release.

People have been on the road to perdition not only since the time of Christ, but since even before
the Flood. I won't speculate how many years that might be, but Egypt's first pyramid, the Step
Pyramid of Djoser, was constructed about 4,600 years ago.

Homo sapiens is thought by some to have achieved full behavioral modernity something like
50,000 years ago. Whether that extends clear on back to Adam and Eve I have no clue; but just
think: if it does, then Cain and others from his era have been down in the netherworld all this
time.

It's difficult for the human mind to appreciate 50,000 years. I've been on the Earth for just 69,
and I've noticed that my childhood is so far in the past to me now as to seem more like a fantasy
rather than a memory. But you know; when you're talking about eternity, 50,000 years isn't even
a drop in the bucket. If it were a drop in the bucket, it would be a bucket with no bottom; which
is roughly akin to the futility of a gnat attempting to drink up the Atlantic ocean.

But just think: time stands still in hell: it's for the now; it's an existence. People who arrived there
yesterday didn't begin doing time in jail like Lindsay Lohan expecting to get out some day; nor is
perdition a temporary tour of duty like shipping out to Afghanistan. No, people in hell are in it as
perpetual residents; they're in a rut.

They go year, after year, after year, after year, with no relief from the pain and discomfort: no
vacations, no recreation, no reading materials, and no hobbies-- there's absolutely nothing to do
but reminisce and writhe in fire. The mental atrophy, and the boredom that must result from that
kind of mindless existence is beyond estimation.

In life, everybody enjoys God's blessings; even the really bad people. We're all breathing fresh
air, basking in sunshine, drinking cool water, savoring tasty foods, listening to birds chirp, star
gazing at night, throwing snow balls at each other in winter, river rafting, fishing, snow skiing,
tending gardens, pruning shrubs, greeting friends during the holidays, spending days with
grandkids; and all that sort of thing. In the Bible's hell, there are no blessings of any kind at all:
only perpetual sadness, vexation, despair, and want.

In the unruly society of Hades; it's reasonable to expect quarrels, bickering, hard feelings,
vendettas, rivalry, selfishness, insensitivity, irritation, aggravation, and ugly words exchanged
between people. Is there really any good reason to be courteous and/or respect your fellow man's
human rights in the Bible's hell; or to be kind, forgiving, affable, genial, courteous, cordial,
charitable, altruistic, tolerant, generous, and patient? I was once discussing the netherworld with
a co-worker and he remarked: "Hell won't be so bad; I'll have plenty of friends down there". No
he won't.

And the din: think of the volume of noise down there with all the wailing and sobbing, and the
screams, shrieks, howls, and gnashing teeth. Conditions are really bad, and everyone is sad, blue,
and lonely. After a few years of the conditions I'm describing, I should think most folks break,
and go mad from the stress.

But just imagine bringing with you a craving for tobacco with none available. Or longing for a
cocktail with no liquor in sight. A desire for music, with no way to produce it. A skill for writing,
with no pen and paper. Yearning for a walk out in nature, with no world to do it in.

People in the Bible's hell will never again smell a sea breeze, sit in the shade of a tree, take deep
breaths of mountain-fresh air, play at sports, hear a bird chirp, see a sunset, watch a lunar eclipse,
jog in the park, strum a guitar, enjoy a Christmas dinner with loved ones; nor make little pigs of
themselves gobbling barbecued spare ribs and corn on the 4th of July.

Sports and recreation are gone: no more world series, no more super bowl, no more Olympics,
no more Las Vegas, no more Indian casinos, no more lottery, no more Lego World, no more Sea
World, no more NASCAR, no more golf, no more surfing, et al.

No baths, no showers, no sleep, no TV, no radio, no iPods, no computers, no Twitters, no
texting, no FaceBook, no YouTube, no MySpace, no internet, no clean sheets, no breakfast, no
lunch, and no dinner. No snacks, no gum, no candy, no flowers, no parks, no rivers, no snow, no
seasons, no picnics, no malls, no fast food, no trades, no careers, no trendy fashions, no jewelry,
no cosmetics, no concerts, no operas, and no hobbies; absolutely nothing of this world that brings
people the pleasures and the satisfactions of just being alive.

No pets are allowed in the Bible's hell and no flowers or vegetation of any kind. The absence of
birds, fish, and animals of course precludes the citizens of hell ever again spending a day at the
zoo. The one advantage of the lack of pets and vegetation in hell is the absence of fleas and
allergies. I suppose you could say that's at least one good thing about it. There's a bright side to
everything I guess; even to that place.

Pop Clock Update: 2 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are
within reason, then something like 119,820 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of
hades since July 23, 2013.

Buen Camino
/
Old 07-26-2013, 04:29 AM
Suspended for Review

Quote:
I sometimes wish there were tour buses to hell sort of like those buses in Beverly Hills where
tourists are taken around to see the homes of the stars so people could see what's in store down
there; and not only the degree of suffering that people can expect in the next life, but also hell's

I was baptized an infant into the Roman Catholic Church in 1944 and subsequently went on to
catechism and completed First Holy Communion and Confirmation. My catechism teachers did
an excellent job of instilling within me a fear of eternal fire. But one thing Rome's curriculum

I didn't really appreciate Christ's statement until running across an impressionistic painting of
Dante's Inferno by Gustave Doré. It was then that I realized just how miserable and unhappy

People have been on the road to perdition not only since the time of Christ, but since even before
the Flood. I won't speculate how many years that might be, but Egypt's first pyramid, the Step

Homo sapiens is thought by some to have achieved full behavioral modernity something like
50,000 years ago. Whether that extends clear on back to Adam and Eve I have no clue; but just
think: if it does, then Cain and others from his era have been down in the netherworld all this
time.

It's difficult for the human mind to appreciate 50,000 years. I've been on the Earth for just 69,
and I've noticed that my childhood is so far in the past to me now as to seem more like a fantasy
rather than a memory. But you know; when you're talking about eternity, 50,000 years isn't even
a drop in the bucket. If it were a drop in the bucket, it would be a bucket with no bottom; which
is roughly akin to the futility of a gnat attempting to drink up the Atlantic ocean.

But just think: time stands still in hell: it's for the now; it's an existence. People who arrived there
yesterday didn't begin doing time in jail like Lindsay Lohan expecting to get out some day; nor is
perdition a temporary tour of duty like shipping out to Afghanistan. No, people in hell are in it as

They go year, after year, after year, after year, with no relief from the pain and discomfort: no
vacations, no recreation, no reading materials, and no hobbies-- there's absolutely nothing to do
but reminisce and writhe in fire. The mental atrophy, and the boredom that must result from that

In life, everybody enjoys God's blessings; even the really bad people. We're all breathing fresh
air, basking in sunshine, drinking cool water, savoring tasty foods, listening to birds chirp, star
gazing at night, throwing snow balls at each other in winter, river rafting, fishing, snow skiing,
tending gardens, pruning shrubs, greeting friends during the holidays, spending days with
grandkids; and all that sort of thing. In the Bible's hell, there are no blessings of any kind at all:

In the unruly society of Hades; it's reasonable to expect quarrels, bickering, hard feelings,
vendettas, rivalry, selfishness, insensitivity, irritation, aggravation, and ugly words exchanged
between people. Is there really any good reason to be courteous and/or respect your fellow man's
human rights in the Bible's hell; or to be kind, forgiving, affable, genial, courteous, cordial,
charitable, altruistic, tolerant, generous, and patient? I was once discussing the netherworld with
a co-worker and he remarked: "Hell won't be so bad; I'll have plenty of friends down there". No
he won't.

And the din: think of the volume of noise down there with all the wailing and sobbing, and the
screams, shrieks, howls, and gnashing teeth. Conditions are really bad, and everyone is sad, blue,
and lonely. After a few years of the conditions I'm describing, I should think most folks break,

But just imagine bringing with you a craving for tobacco with none available. Or longing for a
cocktail with no liquor in sight. A desire for music, with no way to produce it. A skill for writing,
with no pen and paper. Yearning for a walk out in nature, with no world to do it in.

People in the Bible's hell will never again smell a sea breeze, sit in the shade of a tree, take deep
breaths of mountain-fresh air, play at sports, hear a bird chirp, see a sunset, watch a lunar eclipse,
jog in the park, strum a guitar, enjoy a Christmas dinner with loved ones; nor make little pigs of

Sports and recreation are gone: no more world series, no more super bowl, no more Olympics,
no more Las Vegas, no more Indian casinos, no more lottery, no more Lego World, no more Sea

No baths, no showers, no sleep, no TV, no radio, no iPods, no computers, no Twitters, no
texting, no FaceBook, no YouTube, no MySpace, no internet, no clean sheets, no breakfast, no
lunch, and no dinner. No snacks, no gum, no candy, no flowers, no parks, no rivers, no snow, no
seasons, no picnics, no malls, no fast food, no trades, no careers, no trendy fashions, no jewelry,
no cosmetics, no concerts, no operas, and no hobbies; absolutely nothing of this world that brings

No pets are allowed in the Bible's hell and no flowers or vegetation of any kind. The absence of
birds, fish, and animals of course precludes the citizens of hell ever again spending a day at the
zoo. The one advantage of the lack of pets and vegetation in hell is the absence of fleas and
allergies. I suppose you could say that's at least one good thing about it. There's a bright side to

Pop Clock Update: 2 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are
within reason, then something like 119,820 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of

Buen Camino
/
Are/were you a bus driver?
Old 07-26-2013, 06:43 AM
Knights of the Forum

Hi weberhome02!

Quote:

time.

he won't.

Buen Camino
/

You seem to be dominated by this fear of hell. You do dwell on it.

Is this something coming from your Catholic childhood?

What are your thoughts . . .

Peace be with you!
Old 07-26-2013, 06:43 AM
Suspended for Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinderAsh View Post
Are/were you a bus driver?
I were a welder for 40 years before retiring from Federal civil service in 2006.

Buen Camino
/