Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Theology  > Law and the prophets and Jesus Christ, what do we know about them ?

Old 07-17-2013, 07:33 AM
Knight of the Forum

Default Law and the prophets and Jesus Christ, what do we know about them ?

The Law and the prophets and Jesus Christ, what do we know about them ?
Please share briefly what you know, I mean the main thoughts, and please show us their relationship.

ped
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-17-2013, 08:19 PM
Knight of the Forum

Default Re: Law and the prophets and Jesus Christ, what do we know about them ?

The law and the prophets basically came in Old testament times, which is basically the shadow of which to come who is Jesus Christ. The New Testament in the gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke and John) in one way or another revealed that Jesus Christ fulfilled the law and became our Savior.

ped
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-17-2013, 10:32 PM
Representative Clergy

Ped,

It is unclear what your question entails. Nevertheless, I assume you are referring to the fact that the entirety of the Old Testament is about Christ. The singular "seed," the fact that only the lineage of the Christ is focused upon the whole time (even in Genesis) etc.
Old 07-17-2013, 11:40 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linsinbigler View Post
Ped,

It is unclear what your question entails. Nevertheless, I assume you are referring to the fact that the entirety of the Old Testament is about Christ. The singular "seed," the fact that only the lineage of the Christ is focused upon the whole time (even in Genesis) etc.
Minister Linsinbigler, I intentionally left out some details to allow the responders to be free to share what they know. I am not sure Christ was referred to in the book of Esther, not sure about Job too. But I think Job perform some offerings for his sons and daughters. Offerings and sacrifices point to our Lord too.

ped
Old 07-18-2013, 06:20 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElpidioLGagolinan View Post
I am not sure Christ was referred to in the book of Esther...
Re-read the book of Esther and consider the possibility that the King is a type or shadow of Jesus seeking His bride, (Esther) who was to be carefully and perfectly prepared as one without spot or wrinkle or any such thing before the marriage. Look at the Song of Solomon to see more about this Bride of Christ.
Old 07-19-2013, 02:53 AM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
Re-read the book of Esther and consider the possibility that the King is a type or shadow of Jesus seeking His bride, (Esther) who was to be carefully and perfectly prepared as one without spot or wrinkle or any such thing before the marriage. Look at the Song of Solomon to see more about this Bride of Christ.
Thanks John, that is a fresh insight.

ped
Old 07-19-2013, 04:33 AM
Suspended for Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linsinbigler View Post
Ped,

And that the law and the prophets went about in almost every conceivable way to bring humanity to God as Christ did was is.
Humble and obedient and lovingly.

Last edited by CinderAsh : 07-19-2013 at 04:34 AM. Reason: add was is
Old 07-19-2013, 08:01 AM
Suspended for Review

Quote:
I could almost see that, but for this: what does it mean when the king gets drunk and tries to show off his first wife who gets so offended about being put on display for a drunken party that she disobeys? You could say Vashti represented the Jews who got replaced by the Gentiles as the bride except Vashti was the Gentile and Esther was the Jew (or from Benjamin).
Old 07-19-2013, 08:18 AM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giuliano View Post
I could almost see that, but for this: what does it mean when the king gets drunk and tries to show off his first wife who gets so offended about being put on display for a drunken party that she disobeys? You could say Vashti represented the Jews who got replaced by the Gentiles as the bride except Vashti was the Gentile and Esther was the Jew (or from Benjamin).
Consider also the "men of God" who may really have been called, but are more interested in filling their own bellies than doing the job they were called to do. A shadow of Jesus is not Jesus, but a shadow. A type of Jesus is not Jesus, but a type.

"When Israel was a child, then I loved him, and called my son out of Egypt." Hosea 11:1

e could say that this "Israel" was a type or shadow of Jesus, but is this not the same natural people that rebelled repeatedly in the wilderness?

Our perfect example is in Jesus, but more realistic examples for you and me are to be found those like King David, who stumbled along the way toward God. Some of them fell.

As for the roles being reversed (Vashti the gentile and Esther the Jew), is this an uncommon occurrence in scripture? How many examples can you cite of the first born being displaced by another? Perhaps this is where Paul's verse fits in...

"Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:" Rom 9:6
Old 07-19-2013, 08:44 AM
Suspended for Review

Quote:
Consider also the "men of God" who may really have been called, but are more interested in filling their own bellies than doing the job they were called to do. A shadow of Jesus is not Jesus, but a shadow. A type of Jesus is not Jesus, but a type.

"When Israel was a child, then I loved him, and called my son out of Egypt." Hosea 11:1

e could say that this "Israel" was a type or shadow of Jesus, but is this not the same natural people that rebelled repeatedly in the wilderness?
We could also say that while Israel fell in the wilderness, Jesus survived the ordeal when the Spirit drove him into the wilderness. The parallel is not exact; but we are told Israel was carried on the wings of an eagle, and we read John saw the Spirit like a dove.

Quote:
Our perfect example is in Jesus, but more realistic examples for you and me are to be found those like King David, who stumbled along the way toward God. Some of them fell.

As for the roles being reversed (Vashti the gentile and Esther the Jew), is this an uncommon occurrence in scripture? How many examples can you cite of the first born being displaced by another?
Those are all males if memory serves me right, showing the false spiritual authority being replaced by proper. In the book of Esther, the male secular power is ruling legitimately and a woman gets what she wants from him.

Quote:
Perhaps this is where Paul's verse fits in...

"Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:" Rom 9:6
If they were born to idolatrous mothers, they would not be of Israel. That was a recurring problem.

Last edited by Giuliano : 07-19-2013 at 08:46 AM.