True2Ourselves
Already a member? login
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
  
+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Theology  > Law and the prophets and Jesus Christ, what do we know about them ?

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-17-2013, 07:33 AM
ElpidioLGagolinan's Avatar
Knight of the Forum
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 6,131
Default Law and the prophets and Jesus Christ, what do we know about them ?

The Law and the prophets and Jesus Christ, what do we know about them ?
Please share briefly what you know, I mean the main thoughts, and please show us their relationship.

ped
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-17-2013, 08:19 PM
ElpidioLGagolinan's Avatar
Knight of the Forum
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 6,131
Default Re: Law and the prophets and Jesus Christ, what do we know about them ?

The law and the prophets basically came in Old testament times, which is basically the shadow of which to come who is Jesus Christ. The New Testament in the gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke and John) in one way or another revealed that Jesus Christ fulfilled the law and became our Savior.

ped
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-17-2013, 10:32 PM
Linsinbigler's Avatar
Representative Clergy
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 5,150
Default Re: Law and the prophets and Jesus Christ, what do we know about them ?

Ped,

It is unclear what your question entails. Nevertheless, I assume you are referring to the fact that the entirety of the Old Testament is about Christ. The singular "seed," the fact that only the lineage of the Christ is focused upon the whole time (even in Genesis) etc.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-17-2013, 11:40 PM
ElpidioLGagolinan's Avatar
Knight of the Forum
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 6,131
Default Re: Law and the prophets and Jesus Christ, what do we know about them ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linsinbigler View Post
Ped,

It is unclear what your question entails. Nevertheless, I assume you are referring to the fact that the entirety of the Old Testament is about Christ. The singular "seed," the fact that only the lineage of the Christ is focused upon the whole time (even in Genesis) etc.
Minister Linsinbigler, I intentionally left out some details to allow the responders to be free to share what they know. I am not sure Christ was referred to in the book of Esther, not sure about Job too. But I think Job perform some offerings for his sons and daughters. Offerings and sacrifices point to our Lord too.

ped
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-18-2013, 06:20 PM
Amadeus's Avatar
Knight of the Forum
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 8,171
Default Re: Law and the prophets and Jesus Christ, what do we know about them ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElpidioLGagolinan View Post
I am not sure Christ was referred to in the book of Esther...
Re-read the book of Esther and consider the possibility that the King is a type or shadow of Jesus seeking His bride, (Esther) who was to be carefully and perfectly prepared as one without spot or wrinkle or any such thing before the marriage. Look at the Song of Solomon to see more about this Bride of Christ.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-19-2013, 02:53 AM
ElpidioLGagolinan's Avatar
Knight of the Forum
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 6,131
Default Re: Law and the prophets and Jesus Christ, what do we know about them ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
Re-read the book of Esther and consider the possibility that the King is a type or shadow of Jesus seeking His bride, (Esther) who was to be carefully and perfectly prepared as one without spot or wrinkle or any such thing before the marriage. Look at the Song of Solomon to see more about this Bride of Christ.
Thanks John, that is a fresh insight.

ped
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-19-2013, 04:33 AM
Suspended for Review
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 6,856
Default Re: Law and the prophets and Jesus Christ, what do we know about them ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linsinbigler View Post
Ped,

It is unclear what your question entails. Nevertheless, I assume you are referring to the fact that the entirety of the Old Testament is about Christ. The singular "seed," the fact that only the lineage of the Christ is focused upon the whole time (even in Genesis) etc.
And that the law and the prophets went about in almost every conceivable way to bring humanity to God as Christ did was is.
Humble and obedient and lovingly.

Last edited by CinderAsh : 07-19-2013 at 04:34 AM. Reason: add was is
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-19-2013, 08:01 AM
Suspended for Review
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 5,435
Default Re: Law and the prophets and Jesus Christ, what do we know about them ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
Re-read the book of Esther and consider the possibility that the King is a type or shadow of Jesus seeking His bride, (Esther) who was to be carefully and perfectly prepared as one without spot or wrinkle or any such thing before the marriage. Look at the Song of Solomon to see more about this Bride of Christ.
I could almost see that, but for this: what does it mean when the king gets drunk and tries to show off his first wife who gets so offended about being put on display for a drunken party that she disobeys? You could say Vashti represented the Jews who got replaced by the Gentiles as the bride except Vashti was the Gentile and Esther was the Jew (or from Benjamin).
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-19-2013, 08:18 AM
Amadeus's Avatar
Knight of the Forum
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 8,171
Default Re: Law and the prophets and Jesus Christ, what do we know about them ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giuliano View Post
I could almost see that, but for this: what does it mean when the king gets drunk and tries to show off his first wife who gets so offended about being put on display for a drunken party that she disobeys? You could say Vashti represented the Jews who got replaced by the Gentiles as the bride except Vashti was the Gentile and Esther was the Jew (or from Benjamin).
Consider also the "men of God" who may really have been called, but are more interested in filling their own bellies than doing the job they were called to do. A shadow of Jesus is not Jesus, but a shadow. A type of Jesus is not Jesus, but a type.

"When Israel was a child, then I loved him, and called my son out of Egypt." Hosea 11:1

e could say that this "Israel" was a type or shadow of Jesus, but is this not the same natural people that rebelled repeatedly in the wilderness?

Our perfect example is in Jesus, but more realistic examples for you and me are to be found those like King David, who stumbled along the way toward God. Some of them fell.

As for the roles being reversed (Vashti the gentile and Esther the Jew), is this an uncommon occurrence in scripture? How many examples can you cite of the first born being displaced by another? Perhaps this is where Paul's verse fits in...

"Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:" Rom 9:6
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-19-2013, 08:44 AM
Suspended for Review
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 5,435
Default Re: Law and the prophets and Jesus Christ, what do we know about them ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
Consider also the "men of God" who may really have been called, but are more interested in filling their own bellies than doing the job they were called to do. A shadow of Jesus is not Jesus, but a shadow. A type of Jesus is not Jesus, but a type.

"When Israel was a child, then I loved him, and called my son out of Egypt." Hosea 11:1

e could say that this "Israel" was a type or shadow of Jesus, but is this not the same natural people that rebelled repeatedly in the wilderness?
We could also say that while Israel fell in the wilderness, Jesus survived the ordeal when the Spirit drove him into the wilderness. The parallel is not exact; but we are told Israel was carried on the wings of an eagle, and we read John saw the Spirit like a dove.

Quote:
Our perfect example is in Jesus, but more realistic examples for you and me are to be found those like King David, who stumbled along the way toward God. Some of them fell.

As for the roles being reversed (Vashti the gentile and Esther the Jew), is this an uncommon occurrence in scripture? How many examples can you cite of the first born being displaced by another?
Those are all males if memory serves me right, showing the false spiritual authority being replaced by proper. In the book of Esther, the male secular power is ruling legitimately and a woman gets what she wants from him.

Quote:
Perhaps this is where Paul's verse fits in...

"Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:" Rom 9:6
If they were born to idolatrous mothers, they would not be of Israel. That was a recurring problem.

Last edited by Giuliano : 07-19-2013 at 08:46 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hello everyone in Christ Jesus. Robert450 Introductions 9 11-16-2012 06:36 AM
The return of Jesus Christ ElpidioLGagolinan General Discussions 21 09-30-2012 11:18 AM
Is Jesus Christ devided? PastorFranszwa General Discussions 3 07-19-2012 10:56 PM
Jesus Christ: The New Melchizedek AHJE Bible Chat 19 06-19-2012 12:45 PM
The gospel of Jesus Christ colin Theology 2 06-28-2009 04:42 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:50 PM.


true2ourselves
 
 
 

Flashcoms

You need to upgrade your Flash Player.

Version 8 or higher is required.

download from http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29