Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Theology  > Keeping His commandments are requirement for salvation, not the doctrine of trinity.

Old 04-07-2013, 05:25 AM
Meshak

Default Keeping His commandments are requirement for salvation, not the doctrine of trinity.

Keeping Jesus' commandments are requirement for salvation, not the doctrine of trinity.

He are the verses to support my claim:

1. John 14:15
◦New King James Version
“If you love Me, keep My commandments.

2. John 14:21
◦New King James Version
He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him.”

3. John 15:10
◦New King James Version
If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love.

4. Acts 15:24
◦New King James Version
Since we have heard that some who went out from us have troubled you with words, unsettling your souls, saying, “You must be circumcised and keep the law” —to whom we gave no such commandment—)

5. 1 Corinthians 7:19
◦New King James Version
Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing, but keeping the commandments of God is what matters.

6. 1 Timothy 6:14
◦New King James Version
that you keep this commandment without spot, blameless until our Lord Jesus Christ’s appearing,

7. 1 John 2:3
◦New King James Version
The Test of Knowing Him ] Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments.

8. 1 John 2:4
◦New King James Version
He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

9. 1 John 3:22
◦New King James Version
And whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do those things that are pleasing in His sight.

10. 1 John 3:24
◦New King James Version
The Spirit of Truth and the Spirit of Error ] Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.

11. 1 John 5:2
◦New King James Version
By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and keep His commandments.

12. 1 John 5:3
◦New King James Version
For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome.

13. Revelation 12:17
◦New King James Version
And the dragon was enraged with the woman, and he went to make war with the rest of her offspring, who keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

14. Revelation 14:12
◦New King James Version
Here is the patience of the saints; here are those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus.

And here is confirmation from Jesus of keeping Ten commandments as requirement.

Matthew 19:16-19
New International Version (NIV)
16 Just then a man came up to Jesus and asked, “Teacher, what good thing must I do to get eternal life?” 17 “Why do you ask me about what is good?” Jesus replied. “There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, keep the commandments.”
18 “Which ones?” he inquired.
Jesus replied, “‘You shall not murder, you shall not commit adultery, you shall not steal, you shall not give false testimony, 19 honor your father and mother,’[a] and ‘love your neighbor as yourself.’

Matthew 3:10
And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-07-2013, 08:14 PM
Knight of the Forum

Default Re: Keeping His commandments are requirement for salvation, not the doctrine of trini

Amen sister! Let us not put ourselves in position for the axe. We do not want to become firewood!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-07-2013, 08:49 PM
Meshak

Default Re: Keeping His commandments are requirement for salvation, not the doctrine of trini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
Amen sister! Let us not put ourselves in position for the axe. We do not want to become firewood!
Amen! Jesus talks about the fruit over and over. If we dont produce godly fruit, we will be firewood.
Old 04-08-2013, 09:22 AM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Keeping His commandments are requirement for salvation, not the doctrine of trinity
The premise of your thread is false. The Trinity is not just some "doctrine", the Trinity is who God is, and a person cannot love God or know God if they do not know who God is. Basically what you are saying here is, "It doesn't really matter who God is, just listen to Jesus." That's ridiculous.

"God in his deepest mystery is not a solitude but a family, since he has in himself fatherhood, sonship and the essence of the family which is love"
- Saint Pope John Paul II
Old 04-08-2013, 10:31 AM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatholicCrusader View Post
The premise of your thread is false. The Trinity is not just some "doctrine", the Trinity is who God is, and a person cannot love God or know God if they do not know who God is. Basically what you are saying here is, "It doesn't really matter who God is, just listen to Jesus." That's ridiculous.
According to your belief, CC, the premise is false. Not everyone is where you are. Even if you were correct in the end CC, no one else should walk in your footsteps nor should they walk in mine.

"Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling." Phil 2:12

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.

For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." Isa 55:8-9

Old 04-08-2013, 11:57 AM
Meshak

Quote:
It is your opinion. I believe you are missing Jesus' purpose basically or fundamentally..
Old 04-08-2013, 12:48 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meshak View Post
It is your opinion.............
It is not my opinion. It is the constant witness of 2,000 years of Christianity.

Let me know when Jesus makes you God and are able to overturn that.

"God in his deepest mystery is not a solitude but a family, since he has in himself fatherhood, sonship and the essence of the family which is love"
- Saint Pope John Paul II
Old 04-08-2013, 03:31 PM
Meshak

Quote:
It is not my opinion. It is the constant witness of 2,000 years of Christianity.

Let me know when Jesus makes you God and are able to overturn that.
2,000 years of Christianity is not showing much of God's power.

blessings.
Old 04-08-2013, 04:34 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
So he should deny Christ? :raiseslefteyebrow:
Do you have a problem with the view that we should be keeping God's commandments?
Let me see in my brother that I see in Him whom I worship.

John 7:19
Did not Moses give you the law, and yet none of you keepeth the law?

Remember, always, the Angels wish...Selah!
Old 04-08-2013, 09:50 PM
Knight of the Forum

Could someone write down every one of His commandments for me so I know what I am supposed to be keeping?
This sounds much more complex than the two I had come to understand. Is it the book of Leviticus or are there a host of new laws that we are supposed to adhere to?
Are we free from the Law and bound to a new Law?
You are making my head spin and you know what I know for sure?

1 Corinthians 14:33
for God is not a God of confusion but of peace, as in all the churches of the saints.

Know Christ? Know peace!
No Christ? No peace!
Clearly, the Prince of Peace bring peace to our spirit and mind. Not so in the world.

John 16:33
"These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage ; I have overcome the world."
Matthew 23:12:
Whoever exalts himself shall be humbled; and whoever humbles himself shall be exalted.