Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Theology  > The Stations of The Cross

Old 03-15-2013, 11:31 AM

Default The Stations of The Cross

I do not understand why the Stations of The Cross does not recieve more attention.
The power in knowing the stations of The Cross and meditating on them seems to something all believers should do.

I want to share a dream about this.

A few years ago I heard a voice ask if I wanted to see the Stations of The Cross. I said yes and in my sleep I seemed to moved my head as if to look into the matter. As I said yes a blusish gray hand move in close to my face. I thought the hand was going to point to the first Station but instead of pointing out a scene where the Lord was first condemned the hand covered my mouth and I could not breathe.
I got upset and thought "that is NOT the Lord's hand because Jesus is not dead He is alive".

I wasn't upset because I couldn"t breathe but I was upset because it was a demon and it used the Lord Jesus to get my attention!

As soon as I declared it was not the hand of the Lord it disappeared.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-15-2013, 11:55 AM
Knight of the Forum

Default Re: The Stations of The Cross

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maizie View Post
I do not understand why the Stations of The Cross does not recieve more attention.
The power in knowing the stations of The Cross and meditating on them seems to something all believers should do.

I want to share a dream about this.

A few years ago I heard a voice ask if I wanted to see the Stations of The Cross. I said yes and in my sleep I seemed to moved my head as if to look into the matter. As I said yes a blusish gray hand move in close to my face. I thought the hand was going to point to the first Station but instead of pointing out a scene where the Lord was first condemned the hand covered my mouth and I could not breathe.
I got upset and thought "that is NOT the Lord's hand because Jesus is not dead He is alive".

I wasn't upset because I couldn"t breathe but I was upset because it was a demon and it used the Lord Jesus to get my attention!

As soon as I declared it was not the hand of the Lord it disappeared.
Wow. Interesting dream.

As to why the Stations of The Cross does not recieve more attention:
Its sort of weird isn't it. In almost every movie about Jesus we see the stations portrayed as he walks to his crucifixon, yet most people don't take them and use them as tools of meditation and prayer.

I did a thread on the Stations a long time ago: Stations of the Cross

"God in his deepest mystery is not a solitude but a family, since he has in himself fatherhood, sonship and the essence of the family which is love"
- Saint Pope John Paul II
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-15-2013, 04:25 PM

It was a beautiful time when I was in Isreal about 30 years ago. One of the things I did was tour the stations of the Cross. It will always be a great memory.
Knowledge and Wisdom are both good and worth finding, but they also have truly bad downsides, just study the life of Solomon to see the truth of this. Love does not puff up. Perfect Love drives out pride. Faith, Hope, and Love are the greatest of all things we can strive for, and the greatest of these are Love. Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with ALL your heart and lean NOT on your own understanding. In all your ways aknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths.
Old 03-15-2013, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatholicCrusader View Post
Wow. Interesting dream.

As to why the Stations of The Cross does not recieve more attention:
Its sort of weird isn't it. In almost every movie about Jesus we see the stations portrayed as he walks to his crucifixon, yet most people don't take them and use them as tools of meditation and prayer.

I did a thread on the Stations a long time ago: Stations of the Cross
I looked for a thread and I guess I did not go back far enough. Thanks for posting a link.
Old 03-15-2013, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulheart3 View Post
It was a beautiful time when I was in Isreal about 30 years ago. One of the things I did was tour the stations of the Cross. It will always be a great memory.

I know a few people who have visited Israel but no one that I know who has spoken about it. I cannot imagine how powerful it would be in person because just reading about them is heart rending or atleast I think so.
Old 03-15-2013, 05:36 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
I know a few people who have visited Israel but no one that I know who has spoken about it. I cannot imagine how powerful it would be in person because just reading about them is heart rending or atleast I think so.
My present pastor has visited Israel nearly 30 times. Now at 88 years of age he is planning another visit for next month. He is always making the connection between scripture and the places of which he has personal knowledge in Israel.
Old 03-15-2013, 05:49 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
In Protestant circles, I could suggest at least 3 reasons:

1. It is perceived as something Catholic, and anti-Catholic prejudice is rampant.
2. Not all the Stations are in Scripture (e.g. Veronica) and so sola scriptura kicks in.
3. It involves meditation on the Stations, and anything meditative is often viewed with suspicion

None of these are good reasons, but they are reasons.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:05 PM

Quote:
It was so cool to know I was walking in the same area where Jesus walked, to visit the spot where its assumed He was born. A lot of it is speculation as to the exact spots being "the exact spot", but faith, and what I did see was really very faith building (the wailing wall, the stations of the cross, the churchs, the museum containing the dead sea scrolls, masada and a lot more), but probably the most memorable thing really was for me swimming in the dead sea, with all the salt pillars...Hello Lots wife? I swam out over halfway so that I could say I was officially in Jordan, then a Jordanian gunboat started my way, so I hightailed it back to Isreal as fast as I could. When you get tired, you just stop swimming and float till you recover your strength. Plus I tricked a gal I went there with (who sorta feared deeper
water) to think it was shallow by standing on a pillar of salt with everything but my ankles up above water, told her to join me, and got the expected hollar when the water got up past her knees and I started grinning. I even went to a theater while I was there. I watched Gallipoli, and the subtitles were in aramic I think (but a language other than english), but I was probably one of the few who understood the english spoken. There was a darker side there as well, but I wont go into that, the spiritual rewards of going there were massive.
Knowledge and Wisdom are both good and worth finding, but they also have truly bad downsides, just study the life of Solomon to see the truth of this. Love does not puff up. Perfect Love drives out pride. Faith, Hope, and Love are the greatest of all things we can strive for, and the greatest of these are Love. Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with ALL your heart and lean NOT on your own understanding. In all your ways aknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths.
Old 03-16-2013, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulheart3 View Post
It was so cool to know I was walking in the same area where Jesus walked, to visit the spot where its assumed He was born. A lot of it is speculation as to the exact spots being "the exact spot", but faith, and what I did see was really very faith building (the wailing wall, the stations of the cross, the churchs, the museum containing the dead sea scrolls, masada and a lot more), but probably the most memorable thing really was for me swimming in the dead sea, with all the salt pillars...Hello Lots wife? I swam out over halfway so that I could say I was officially in Jordan, then a Jordanian gunboat started my way, so I hightailed it back to Isreal as fast as I could. When you get tired, you just stop swimming and float till you recover your strength. Plus I tricked a gal I went there with (who sorta feared deeper
water) to think it was shallow by standing on a pillar of salt with everything but my ankles up above water, told her to join me, and got the expected hollar when the water got up past her knees and I started grinning. I even went to a theater while I was there. I watched Gallipoli, and the subtitles were in aramic I think (but a language other than english), but I was probably one of the few who understood the english spoken. There was a darker side there as well, but I wont go into that, the spiritual rewards of going there were massive.
Sounds like a very wonderful experience. And I do believe it may be the epicenter of a battle between light and dark.
Old 03-16-2013, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddybear View Post
In Protestant circles, I could suggest at least 3 reasons:

1. It is perceived as something Catholic, and anti-Catholic prejudice is rampant.
2. Not all the Stations are in Scripture (e.g. Veronica) and so sola scriptura kicks in.
3. It involves meditation on the Stations, and anything meditative is often viewed with suspicion

None of these are good reasons, but they are reasons.

I heard something this morning which was quite impressive and it is this: That the greatest virtue is receptivity to God's grace.

I read that the name Veronica is a latin version of Berenice so whether her name was Veronica or Berenice, I do not know but I believe someone did wipe the Lord's face. It would have been very difficult not to have tried to minister to Him at such a time especially when that person had been saved and healed by Him.