Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Theology  > Breakdown of Spiritual Warfare

Old 02-23-2013, 10:45 PM

Default Breakdown of Spiritual Warfare

Lucifer is the original name given to the devil. The term “Lucifer” means the “shinning one.”
This is interesting because we can see that God created Lucifer to reflect His glory. However, he only appears as an angel of light, but is the angel of darkness.

There are five “I will's” listed in Satan’s fall. They are an indication of pride, being boastful, and foolish. Lucifer assumed authority in contrast to receiving God's delegated authority.

• “I will ascend into heaven” = he assumes to take the abode of God.

• “I will exalt my throne above the stars of God” = this may indicate taking authority over the angels
Job 38:7.

• “I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation” = this may refer to the temple:
Daniel 11:37; 2 Thessalonians 2:4.

• “I will ascend above the heights of the clouds” literally “cloud” = the cloud may be a covering of God:
Exodus 13:21.

• “I will be like the most high” = he assumed to take the place of God.

Satan was the anointed cherub that covered. The concept of “anointed” meant to be set apart for service unto God. God said, “I have set thee so.” Please notice who is in charge. God said that Satan was upon the holy mountain of God. This was the place set apart or exalted for God. Satan was in the presence of God walking up and down in the middle of the stone of
fire.
The concept of “covered” may be compared to:
• Isaiah 6:1-3
• Exodus 25:20.
• Exodus 30:26

The Battle Field Is: In the Heavenlies, On the Earth and in the souls of men
Matthew 12:28 Colossians 1:12-13 Luke 11:25

GOD
• Commander of the Kingdom of God:
Joshua 5:14
Hebrews 1:8
1 Corinthians 15:24-25

Supreme ruler of every thing He has made:
1 Chronicles 29:11
2 Chronicles 20:6.

• The Creator of ALL things, including Satan: Colossians 1:16.

• He is all powerful: Matthew 28:18; Psalm 62:11; Proverbs 8:15; Romans 13:1; Genesis 17:1.

• He is all knowing: Acts 15:18; Matthew 10:30; Psalm 139:1-6; 1John 3:20.

Angels are Spiritual beings: (not having physical bodies) designed to be servants of God:
Psalm 91:11
Mark 1:14
Luke 16:22.
Origin: Created by God before the earth:
Colossians 1:16
Purpose: To minister to, or serve, God and whomever else He directs them to assist:
Hebrews 1:14
Matthew 13:39
Matthew 4:11

Characteristics:

• Angels have different rank, power and authority: Daniel 10:13.
• They have a free will (Ref. Satan's angels )
• They are eternal beings (Ref. Satan's angels )

• They do not reproduce, since they are neither male nor female: Matthew 22:30; Mark 12:25.

• They can appear in human form: Hebrews 13:2.

• Their performance will someday be judged by humans: 1Corinthians 6:3.
Matthew 12:26 Ephesians 2:2

Satan

Commander of the Kingdom of darkness: Luke 11:18.
• Abaddon = so called (Hebrew : Destroyer) = Revelation 9:11
• Accuser of the brethren = Revelation 12:10
• Adversary = (one who stands against) I Peter 5:8
• Angel of the bottomless pit = Revelation 9:11
• Antichrist = (the one against Christ) I John 4:3
• Apollyon = (Greek: Destroyer) = Revelation 9:11
• Beelzebul = (god of the flies, dung god) Matthew 12:24, Mark 3:22, Luke 11:15
• Belial = 2 Corinthians 6:15
• Devil = (false accuser, devil, slanderer) Matthew 4:1, Luke 4:2, 6, Revelation 20:2
• Enemy = Matthew 13:39
• Evil spirit = I Samuel 16:14
• Father of all liars (a liar) = John 8:44
• God (god) of this world = II Corinthians 4:4
• Great red dragon = Revelation 12:3
• Lucifer = (Roman rendering of morning star) = Isaiah 14:12
• Man of sin = II Thessalonians 2:3
• Murderer = John 8:44
• Old serpent = Revelation, 12:9, Revelation 20:2
• Power of darkness = Colossians 1:13
• Prince of this world = John 12:31, John 14:30, John 16:11
• Prince of the power of the air = Ephesians 2:2
• Ruler of darkness = (understood as) = Ephesians 6:12
• Satan = (Hebrew = adversary, Greek = accuser) I Chronicles 21: 1, Job 1:6, John 13:27, Acts 5:3, Acts 26:18, Romans
16:20
• Serpent = Genesis 3:4, 14, 2 Corinthians 11:3
• Son of perdition = (destruction, ruin, waste, loss) = John 17:12
• Tempter = Matthew 4:3, I Thessalonians 3:5
• Thief = John 10:10
• Wicked one = Matthew 13:19, 38

The unholy trinity is the devil, the beast, and the false prophet = Revelation 20:10
He is of the highest rank of the angels created by God. Because of his pride, for he was very beautiful, he rebelled against God. It was not enough to be the cherub that covered; he wanted to be equal with God.

Because of his sin Lucifer and the angels that were aligned with him were cast out of heaven, God’s presence, into the heavenlies where they continue
their rebellion, war, against God:

• Luke 10:18
• Isaiah 14:12-14
• Ezekiel 28:12-19
• Revelation 12:9
• Jude 1:9

He is a defeated foe for we have power over him in Yashua’s name although he is not to be taken lightly.

• Jude 1:9
• Acts 19:14-16
God will eventually throw Satan and his allies into Hell for that’s what Hell was made for:

• 2 Thessalonians 2:8
• Matthew 25:41
• Hebrews 2:14
• I John 3:8

Characteristics:
• He is a finite created being and operates temporarily with God’s permission: Ezekiel
28:13; Revelation 12:12.
• He is powerful but his power is limited: Job 1:12; Job 2:6.
• His knowledge is limited: 1Corinthians 2:8.
• He is a deceiver and, masquerades as an angel of light: 2 Corinthians 11:14; Revelation 12:9.
• Christians have power over him, in Yashua’s name: Mark 16:17-18; Luke 10:19.

Satan’s angels
Spiritual beings (not having physical bodies) designed to be servants of God's servants but now give allegiance to Satan:
Matthew 25:41
Aliases:
• Principalities
• Powers of Darkness
• Powers
• Dominions

Origin: Created by God before our earth’s creation

Purpose: To assist, or serve, Satan and whomever else he directs them to hinder.

Characteristics: same as the angels that did not fall but evil
• They have different rank, power and authority: Daniel 10:13.
• They have a free will: Jude 1:6.

• They are eternal beings and have already been sentenced to Hell and will be placed there after the final judgment:
Matthew. 25:41.

• They do not reproduce, since they are neither male nor female: Matthew. 22:30; Mark 12:25.

• They can take on the appearance of a human or an animal: Genesis 3:1.

Tactics:
Satan attempts to deceive people to following after anything except God (i.e. money, fame, lust, power, or themselves. He knows
if they follow after these things they’re really following him:
• Mark. 4:13-9 • Matthew 13:18-22
• James 4:4
• Ephesians 6:11

G3180 μεθοδεί
Methodeia = meth-od-i'-ah
From a compound of G3326 and G3593 [compare “method”]; traveling over, that is, travesty, (trickery): - wile, lie in wait.

He lies in wait to overcome us.
• 2 Corinthians 2:11

G3540 νό
noema = no'-ay-mah
From G3539; a perception, that is, purpose, or (by implication) the intellect, disposition, itself: - device, mind, thought.

Satan tries to get control of our mind, our thoughts.

Three Basic Areas

• He blinds the minds of unbelievers: 2 Corinthians 4:3-4
• He assaults believers to get them to fall from God's grace.
Ephesians 6:12
Zechariah 3:1
Galatians 3:1-2

Satan tries to get people to believe that they must work for their salvation even after them have committed their lives to Jesus and are saved.

I often counsel people who have come to believe that they must live up to a
certain standard in order to keep their salvation. This is a trap. They will fall and when they fall, Satan lays a "guilt trip" on them, trying to keep them from returning to grace.
• He tempts men to sin.
Genesis 3:1-6
I Chronicles 21:1
Matthew 4:1

New Testament word “tempt” means = “to test, to assay, to entice, to temp, to try.”

When a Believers sins, he destroys his witness. Satan wants to destroy the effectiveness of the Believer's witness.

Discerning of evil spirits: Job 4:12-21
• The spirit appealed to his desire for special revelation: Like Eve in the Garden!

• The spirit came in the night, evidently the form of a nightmare.

• The approach of the spirit was intimidation.

God has not given us the spirit of fear

• There is an obscurity of the form.

God’s angels when appearing was evident

• The message begins with an accusation.

Who is the accuser, but Satan?
• Does God trust His servants?

His Word is entrusted to man to evangelize the world.

• Is man destroyed without God caring about him?

Not a sparrow falls without God noticing
• Is life upon this earth futile and without purpose as this spirit would have us believe?
Ephesians 3:14-21

Evil Spirits Listed In Scripture
• Pride
• Lust
• Sodomy
• Witchcraft
• Unforgiveness
• Addiction
• Division
• Contention
• Bitterness
• Divorce
Additional Spirits Encountered

• Spirit of jealousy: Numbers 5:14
• Familiar spirit: I Samuel 28:7
• A spirit: Job 4:15
• Spirit of deep sleep: Isaiah 29:10
• Spirit of whoredoms: Hosea 4:12
• Unclean spirit: Luke 8:29
• Spirit of infirmity: Luke 13:11 5
• Spirit of divination: Acts 16:16
• Spirit of bondage: Romans 8:15
• Enticing spirit: 2 Chronicles 18:20
• Spirit of devils: Revelation 16:14
• Spirits of false the prophets: I John 4:1
• Seducing spirits: I Timothy 4:1
• Evil spirits: Acts 19:13
• Angel of light: “disguised as” 2 Corinthians 11:14
• The tormentors: Matthew 18:34
• A devil: Ephesians 4:27, Luke 9:42
• Devils: Luke 11:20
• god of forces: Daniel 11:38
• Prince of Persia: Daniel 10:13
• Spirit of fear: 2 Timothy 1:7
• Spirit of antichrist: I John 4:3
• Spirit of error: I John 4:6
• Foul spirit: Revelation 18:2
• Prince of the power of the air: Ephesians 2:2
• Another spirit: 2 Corinthians 11:4
• Spirit of the world: I Corinthians 2:12
• Unclean devil: Luke 4:33
• Dumb spirit: Mark 9:17
• Spirit of heaviness: Isaiah 61:3
• Perverse spirit: Isaiah 19:14
• Spirit of travail and vexation: Ecclesiastes 4:6
• A haughty spirit: Proverbs 16:18
• Hasty spirit: Proverbs 14:29
• A lying spirit: 2 Chronicles 18:22.
Specific Methods:

He uses surprise: Exodus 17:8 (descendants of Esau)
He attacks at the point of our weakness: I John 2:16
He attacks at the point of our strengths: I Chronicles. 21:1.
He uses aggression: I Peter 5:8 (Isaiah 5:29), Matthew 11:12.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-24-2013, 08:43 AM

Default Re: Breakdown of Spiritual Warfare

That is a good reference with the scriptural references.

I heard yesterday someone describe the goal of satan is to cause man to give up on God.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-24-2013, 08:52 AM
Knight of the Forum

"God in his deepest mystery is not a solitude but a family, since he has in himself fatherhood, sonship and the essence of the family which is love"
- Saint Pope John Paul II
Old 02-24-2013, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maizie View Post
That is a good reference with the scriptural references.

I heard yesterday someone describe the goal of satan is to cause man to give up on God.
Listen,

I say this at any bible convention;

satan does not have a problem with God, he has a problem with us, God's creation.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walknlight View Post
satan does not have a problem with God, he has a problem with us, God's creation.

I’m sorry but you’re wrong, satan has a big problem with God ,(Jehovah God ,Exo. 6:3). Though satan was blessed in many ways, In time, Satan began to want what the God of Israel had, he became jealous. He wanted his worship and power, (Ezek. 28:13-18). This is when he turned on Jehovah God by lying to eve ,(Gen. 3:4,5 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die: For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil). It wasn’t humans who got him kicked out of Heaven. It was Jehovah God who did so through his son Jesus ,(Michael), Rev. 12:7-9). And for those who argues that Michael wasn’t Jesus. Scriptures showed he was…

(Dan. 12:1 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book). NO Angel is refer to as “Prince”, except Jesus. And it’s Jesus ,(Michael), who will save Jehovah Gods people when he wages war on satan and his worldly organization ,( Psa. 2:2-5). He already made a “new Heaven”, by riding it of all the wickedness. Soon he’ll make a “new earth”, (Rev. 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea).

The only reason satan attacks us, is because he can’t get God, so he’s taking it out on humans ,(Rev. 12:12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time). Satan attacks us in many ways, he can physically touch us, And he can spiritually do so, His main way is spiritual ,( 2Cor. 4:4). he knows if he can get humans to NOT acknowledge Jehovah God, As Jesus showed us ,( John 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent). And (Matt. 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven). He won’t be the ONLY one getting destroyed.

This is why Jehovah God warns us to stick close to him ,( James 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you). And (Ephe. 6:11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles, (tricks) of the devil). As long as one are blinded by satan, they won’t know if something’s from him, or God. And this goes towards Christians, though many believe it’s only for non-christians. Example of satan’s tricks, he has many celebrating brithdays of “dead presidents”. Sadly many seem to forget once one dies, so does their birthday stops. So agan, satan knows he can’t get Jehovah God, or Jesus, so he’s taking it out on us. Though he knows Jehovah God will soon get him, through Jesus ,( Psa. 110:1 The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool). peace
Old 03-15-2013, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Listen,

If you love me, obey my commands.

Does satan truly love God, that he has no problem with Him.
Knowledge and Wisdom are both good and worth finding, but they also have truly bad downsides, just study the life of Solomon to see the truth of this. Love does not puff up. Perfect Love drives out pride. Faith, Hope, and Love are the greatest of all things we can strive for, and the greatest of these are Love. Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with ALL your heart and lean NOT on your own understanding. In all your ways aknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatholicCrusader View Post
Great link! I really needed to hear that and be infused with the power of the Holy Spirit! I heard the Lord speak clear instructions in that short message!
Old 05-10-2013, 05:01 PM

We must put on our armor every day by reading the Word of God, spending time with the Lord, worshipping Him, and listening to His still, small voice. Our warfare is real; it needs to be taken seriously as if we are in a genuine battle, continually astute to satan's tricks, never letting down our guard -- watching and praying -- as Jesus warns.
Old 05-10-2013, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Listen,

This is an awesome piece... and to think there are people who profess being christians who do not believe that satan exist. I listen at a rabbi explain how jews felt about satan. it was one of those meetings where all faiths get together... he was tip toeing around offending christians who had just got through making a statement about satan...

I understand what you are saying when you say the problem is with us and not God. I know what you are saying... but the ultimate problem is with God, but he knows that he is out of His league there and the only thing he can do is try and get at God through us.

He knows that he could not win with God in any forum. I am sure that when he was cast down that tyme he felt his littleness before God... All he can do at this tyme is to try and get a reaction from God. he knows that God has a Plan and knows that plan better than med do.

He understands sovereignty and immutability. you can see in his trying of Jesus in the desert that he only wanted Jesus to deal with him as an equal by responding to one of the three requests. Jesus knows who He is and what his task is and is steadfast upon doing the Father's Will only,

satan is determined to make God have to go beyond what He has already decreeded in the word. The bible is more important to satan than to christians. he knows that every tyme he gets a believer to over look it, he wins in the life of that individual. And he figures that he can get men so crossed until God will throw His hands up and walk away or even come and deal with him straight up.

God's plan will go on as it is decreeded and satan will meet his fate when God is ready. And men have no excuse from the Garden to now...

I love these scriptures...

Isaiah 14:4-16 (KJV)
4 That thou shalt take up this proverb against the king of Babylon, and say, How hath the oppressor ceased! the golden city ceased!

5 The LORD hath broken the staff of the wicked, and the sceptre of the rulers.

6 He who smote the people in wrath with a continual stroke, he that ruled the nations in anger, is persecuted, and none hindereth.

7 The whole earth is at rest, and is quiet: they break forth into singing.

8 Yea, the fir trees rejoice at thee, and the cedars of Lebanon, saying, Since thou art laid down, no feller is come up against us.

9 Hell from beneath is moved for thee to meet thee at thy coming: it stirreth up the dead for thee, even all the chief ones of the earth; it hath raised up from their thrones all the kings of the nations.

10 All they shall speak and say unto thee, Art thou also become weak as we? art thou become like unto us?

11 Thy pomp is brought down to the grave, and the noise of thy viols: the worm is spread under thee, and the worms cover thee.

12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

16 They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;

this is what awaits satan at the end of his troubling of mankind.

men would discredit God for what aileth the earth and for the weaknesses that satan besets him with... but we are given power over the power of the enemy and can defeat him every tyme if we choose to obey God.

Last edited by meknow : 05-10-2013 at 06:17 PM.
Old 05-14-2013, 12:34 AM

POWER OF DEATH
Hebrews 2:14 (KJV) Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

DEATH AND HELL FOLLOWED WITH HIM
Revelation 6:8 (KJV) And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

THE SECOND DEATH
Revelation 20:13 (KJV) And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

Revelation 20:14 (KJV) And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.