Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Theology  > Five Crowns in the Bible

Old 02-18-2013, 09:07 AM

Default Five Crowns in the Bible

This is for informational purposes.

There are five Crowns which can be given to believers, found in the scriptures.

1. The incorruptible crown:

1 Corinthians 9:24-25
King James Version (KJV)
24 Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.

25 And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible.

2. The crown of rejoicing:

1 Thessalonians 2:19-20
King James Version (KJV)
19 For what is our hope, or joy, or crown of rejoicing? Are not even ye in the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ at his coming?

20 For ye are our glory and joy..

Daniel 12:3
King James Version (KJV)
3 And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.

3. The crown of life:
James 1:12
King James Version (KJV)
12 Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.

Revelation 2:8-11
King James Version (KJV)
8 And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive;

9 I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.

10 Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.

11 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.

Revelation 2:10
New International Version (NIV)
10 Do not be afraid of what you are about to suffer. I tell you, the devil will put some of you in prison to test you, and you will suffer persecution for ten days. Be faithful, even to the point of death, and I will give you life as your victor’s crown.

4. The crown of righteousness:

2 Timothy 4:8
King James Version (KJV)
8 Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

5. The crown of glory:

1 Peter 5:1-4
King James Version (KJV)
5 The elders which are among you I exhort, who am also an elder, and a witness of the sufferings of Christ, and also a partaker of the glory that shall be revealed:

2 Feed the flock of God which is among you, taking the oversight thereof, not by constraint, but willingly; not for filthy lucre, but of a ready mind;

3 Neither as being lords over God's heritage, but being examples to the flock.

4 And when the chief Shepherd shall appear, ye shall receive a crown of glory that fadeth not away.

Rev. 4:10,11 the twenty–four elders fall down before Him who sits on the throne and worship Him who lives forever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying: You are worthy, O Lord, To receive glory and honour and power; For You created all things, And by Your will they exist and were created."
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-21-2013, 07:55 AM

Default Re: Five Crowns in the Bible

Quote:
Originally Posted by walknlight View Post
There are five Crowns which can be given to believers, found in the scriptures.

most aren't referring to a literal crown. it just mean those who Conquered, satan and his wicked world, will gain everlasting life. now in the book of Rev., it could be literal. since the 144,000 will rule with Jesus over the earth, as kings and priest...

(Rev. 14:1-4, And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads. And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps. And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth. These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb).

and ( Rev. 5:10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth). peace
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-21-2013, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJo View Post
[i][color="DarkGreen"]most aren't referring to a literal crown.
Which are not literal?

What are the elders throwing at Christ's feet?
Old 02-22-2013, 06:43 PM

If believers let Christ lead their life they should have no trouble being given these crowns
Old 02-22-2013, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkthompson View Post
If believers let Christ lead their life they should have no trouble being given these crowns
AMEN!!!!!