Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Theology  > At-one-ment: the mark of Righteousness

Old 12-01-2012, 01:39 AM
numenian

Default At-one-ment: the mark of Righteousness

Your whole heart, mind, soul, and strength: think about that. What room is left for "I" or "mine"? Only for God's ultimate glory is left.

AT-ONE IN SPIRIT/GOD-INSIDENESS (THE MARK): Once in Christ, we can no longer call ourselves “sinners”; “godders” would be the more appropriate term. (The "old man is gone," "we are a new creature," "we have the seed of God.")

The Mind of Christ: I do not possess consciousness; I am part of consciousness. (Self is simply a limited perspective.) And there is no “higher” consciousness to claim, for we are always exactly where God wants us to be for His ends.

Though one could say Nearer Consciousness, as we draw ever closer to being of One Spirit with God, rather than "higher consciousness," seeming to raise above this earthly pall, who cares what we call it.

Scripture that speaks to at-one-ment: Jn14:20, 15:4-7, 17:26; Rom8:9-10; 1Cor6:17; 2Cor1:21, 5:17, 21; Eph4:13; Col1:27, 3:3; 1Jn2:24, 4:16.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-01-2012, 02:16 AM
Suspended for Review

Default Re: At-one-ment: the mark of Righteousness

Quote:
Originally Posted by numenian View Post
Your whole heart, mind, soul, and strength: think about that. What room is left for "I" or "mine"? Only for God's ultimate glory is left.

AT-ONE IN SPIRIT/GOD-INSIDENESS (THE MARK): Once in Christ, we can no longer call ourselves “sinners”; “godders” would be the more appropriate term. (The "old man is gone," "we are a new creature," "we have the seed of God.")

The Mind of Christ: I do not possess consciousness; I am part of consciousness. (Self is simply a limited perspective.) And there is no “higher” consciousness to claim, for we are always exactly where God wants us to be for His ends.

Though one could say Nearer Consciousness, as we draw ever closer to being of One Spirit with God, rather than "higher consciousness," seeming to raise above this earthly pall, who cares what we call it.

Scripture that speaks to at-one-ment: Jn14:20, 15:4-7, 17:26; Rom8:9-10; 1Cor6:17; 2Cor1:21, 5:17, 21; Eph4:13; Col1:27, 3:3; 1Jn2:24, 4:16.
And yes indeed we all come here in that "higher consciousness", hmmm "Nearer Consciousness" and cordially exchange truths of being of One Spirit with God.

Except me.
I am of a "dead consciousness" being far away from righteousness as I live.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-01-2012, 11:05 PM
numenian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maizie View Post
I don't know what all your words mean but it sounds like you are saying the once saved always saved and instant ultimate "knowing" upon meeting Jesus but thats not exactly how it happens.

Maizie, I have no clue where you got that out of those verses and what I said, so, no, that is not what I am saying.

The scriptures are powerful but its the doing of the scriptures which brings us deeper revelation into God's Holy of Holies, isn't it?
What does the above have to do with my post?
Old 12-02-2012, 06:01 PM

Quote:
What does the above have to do with my post?
Apparently nothing. Sorry.
Old 12-02-2012, 10:32 PM

Quote:

Philippians 2:5-11 "Let this mind be in your which was also in Christ Jesus...

I believe this is the mind a Christian needs to be in Christ.

The title of your thread could be in definition a New Age title and the way in which you speak of consciousness also leads me to question if in fact you are part of this. Do you believe in the "evolution of consciousness?"

Many things I've read that you've written are in keeping with many Christian virtues but also are spoken of in the New Age. Now I could be wrong but this is what I've concluded.

A definition I found for your thread title is: at -one- ment -The mergence in consciousness of the incarnated Soul with the overshadowing Soul; and the mergence of the Soul with the One Life. 2. The capacity to merge in consciousness with another life in order to know or understand it.
Old 12-03-2012, 02:38 AM
Suspended for Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myra View Post

The title of your thread could be in definition a New Age title and the way in which you speak of consciousness also leads me to question if in fact you are part of this. Do you believe in the "evolution of consciousness?"

Many things I've read that you've written are in keeping with many Christian virtues but also are spoken of in the New Age. Now I could be wrong but this is what I've concluded.

A definition I found for your thread title is: at -one- ment -The mergence in consciousness of the incarnated Soul with the overshadowing Soul; and the mergence of the Soul with the One Life. 2. The capacity to merge in consciousness with another life in order to know or understand it.
I got the heading and somewhat of the OP to mean at-one-how it is meant.
Righteousness by atonement.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:03 AM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Your whole heart, mind, soul, and strength: think about that. What room is left for "I" or "mine"? Only for God's ultimate glory is left.........
I would be a little careful about over-reading that passage. We are called to love each other too; husbands are called to love their wives. So obviously we cannot look at love like its a pie, giving the whole pie to God and leaving no piece of pie left for our fellow man.

"God in his deepest mystery is not a solitude but a family, since he has in himself fatherhood, sonship and the essence of the family which is love"
- Saint Pope John Paul II
Old 12-04-2012, 10:26 AM
numenian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myra View Post

I believe in the renewal of the mind by God, the sanctification process that comes though grace and by the Holy Spirit. Each day and throughout the day I am called to make of myself "a living sacrifice," which to me means turning from my own thoughts and ways and surrendering to Christ, in whom I am am to live and move and have my being.

Christ is the Redeemer. All things will be redeemed in Him, including the truth misused in other religions, such as the New Age. I use "at-one-ment" as play on words, for it is through Christ's atonement of our sins and our atonement through repentance (change of heart) that we are in Christ and Christ is in us and we are both in the Father, as one in love and righteousness.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:36 AM
numenian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatholicCrusader View Post
I would be a little careful about over-reading that passage. We are called to love each other too; husbands are called to love their wives. So obviously we cannot look at love like its a pie, giving the whole pie to God and leaving no piece of pie left for our fellow man.
Saying this about loving God is not to the exclsuion of others or looking at love as a pie, for in such love of God that truly takes all of me, like unto it for others is natural. It is when I think that I can love others that the trouble begins. Love is of God; what love I am capable of as a human is of self and has mixed motives. I am not capable of loving my enemy, yet through Christ this is possible and how I can be as perfect as the Father in heaven is perfect, as the context tells us.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:43 PM

Quote:
I believe in the renewal of the mind by God, the sanctification process that comes though grace and by the Holy Spirit. Each day and throughout the day I am called to make of myself "a living sacrifice," which to me means turning from my own thoughts and ways and surrendering to Christ, in whom I am am to live and move and have my being.

Christ is the Redeemer. All things will be redeemed in Him, including the truth misused in other religions, such as the New Age. I use "at-one-ment" as play on words, for it is through Christ's atonement of our sins and our atonement through repentance (change of heart) that we are in Christ and Christ is in us and we are both in the Father, as one in love and righteousness.
Thanks for clarifying this for me I just couldn't understand what you were trying to say when speaking of consciousness; I know someone who is New Age who does talk about levels of consciousness.