Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Theology  > Predestination

Old 08-16-2012, 01:49 AM

Default Predestination

MT 1:3 And Judas begat Phares and Zara of Thamar; and Phares begat Esrom; and Esrom begat Aram;

When we look at the above verse, we see that Phares is in the geneology of Christ.

And when we look in book of Genesis, how Phares is born.

Now what i fail to understand is, why did God have to make such a geneology which has pitfalls.

Is this predestination, with so many pitfalls already involved.

Also when Mary was found with a child, Joseph thought of putting her away silently. Why does GOD intend to present himself in this kind of awful situation.

I know to make himself equal to man and understand man, he had to come down, but why in this fashion.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-16-2012, 05:08 AM
Suspended for Review

Default Re: Predestination

Quote:
Originally Posted by ioweyouLORD View Post
MT 1:3 And Judas begat Phares and Zara of Thamar; and Phares begat Esrom; and Esrom begat Aram;

When we look at the above verse, we see that Phares is in the geneology of Christ.

Now what i fail to understand is, why did God have to make such a geneology which has pitfalls.

Also when Mary was found with a child, Joseph thought of putting her away silently. Why does GOD intend to present himself in this kind of awful situation.

I know to make himself equal to man and understand man, he had to come down, but why in this fashion.
The line goes through to Joseph, not Mary.

16 and Jacob the father of Joseph, the husband of Mary, and Mary was the mother of Jesus who is called the Messiah.

Odd how we are given the genealogy of Joseph when Jesus was conceived by the Holy Spirit and not Joseph and we don't have the genealogy of Mary the mother of Jesus.

Perhaps so we don't seek out any indiscretions (pitfalls) in her line of genealogy to argue about or slander Mary with.

Could you imagine it?
This family member did this and that member did that and on and on it would go.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-16-2012, 07:25 AM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:

I heard Scott Hahn do a fantastic brief talk on this very subject. I wish I could find it online and link to it. I am going to try.

"God in his deepest mystery is not a solitude but a family, since he has in himself fatherhood, sonship and the essence of the family which is love"
- Saint Pope John Paul II
Old 08-16-2012, 10:24 AM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:

It's a big topic, but a couple of quick answers for starters:

1. By using sinful people to achieve his purpose, God gives hope to all us sinners that we can be used by him, and he also makes it clear that it is his purpose, and his power that is at work, to his glory.

2. By coming in flesh as the lowest of the low, born in a stable to poor parents, the Father made the Son accessible to everyone. Imagine if he had been born to a wealthy, prestigious family - how could the billions of poverty-stricken people in the world relate to him then?