Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Theology  > The Life of Man—To Know and Love God

Old 07-17-2012, 10:32 AM
Knight of the Forum

Default The Life of Man—To Know and Love God

"FATHER, . . . this is eternal life, that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent."1 "God our Savior desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth."2 "There is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved"3 than the name of JESUS.

I. The Life of Man—To Know and Love God

1 God, infinitely perfect and blessed in himself, in a plan of sheer goodness freely created man to make him share in his own blessed life. For this reason, at every time and in every place, God draws close to man. He calls man to seek him, to know him, to love him with all his strength. He calls together all men, scattered and divided by sin, into the unity of his family, the Church. To accomplish this, when the fullness of time had come, God sent his Son as Redeemer and Savior. In his Son and through him, he invites men to become, in the Holy Spirit, his adopted children and thus heirs of his blessed life.

2 So that this call should resound throughout the world, Christ sent forth the apostles he had chosen, commissioning them to proclaim the gospel: "Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, to the close of the age."4 Strengthened by this mission, the apostles "went forth and preached everywhere, while the Lord worked with them and confirmed the message by the signs that attended it."5

3 Those who with God's help have welcomed Christ's call and freely responded to it are urged on by love of Christ to proclaim the Good News everywhere in the world. This treasure, received from the apostles, has been faithfully guarded by their successors. All Christ's faithful are called to hand it on from generation to generation, by professing the faith, by living it in fraternal sharing, and by celebrating it in liturgy and prayer.

Catechism of the Catholic Church
- God Bless!

"God in his deepest mystery is not a solitude but a family, since he has in himself fatherhood, sonship and the essence of the family which is love"
- Saint Pope John Paul II
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-25-2012, 07:58 AM

Default Re: The Life of Man—To Know and Love God

[quote=CatholicCrusader;138493 [/QUOTE]

When we speak the words of Jehovah God, Jesus Father ,(John 15:15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you). we should try to post scriptures. Someone might want proof it was said NOT by us. The scripture you post…(John 17:3 -And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent). Many see this scripture, yet don’t follow what Jesus said to do, Which is “KNOW” his Father. Many will make it their business to learn all they can about Jesus.

Yet they REFUSE to learn about his Father. Even though he said…”this means ETERNAL LIFE” ALL THE LOVING Jesus in the world, isn’t going to save us. IF we continue to NOT learn about his Father. AND do HIS Father’s will ,(Matt.7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven). ANY who’s truly following Jesus, is teachings what Jesus wanted ALL to teach. And is trying to serve and know his Father, as well as follow him. peace
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-18-2012, 03:42 PM
Suspended for Review

Default Re: The Life of Man—To Know and Love God

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatholicCrusader View Post
"FATHER, . . . this is eternal life, that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent."1 "God our Savior desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth."2 "There is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved"3 than the name of JESUS.

I. The Life of Man—To Know and Love God

1 God, infinitely perfect and blessed in himself, in a plan of sheer goodness freely created man to make him share in his own blessed life. For this reason, at every time and in every place, God draws close to man. He calls man to seek him, to know him, to love him with all his strength. He calls together all men, scattered and divided by sin, into the unity of his family, the Church. To accomplish this, when the fullness of time had come, God sent his Son as Redeemer and Savior. In his Son and through him, he invites men to become, in the Holy Spirit, his adopted children and thus heirs of his blessed life.

2 So that this call should resound throughout the world, Christ sent forth the apostles he had chosen, commissioning them to proclaim the gospel: "Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, to the close of the age."4 Strengthened by this mission, the apostles "went forth and preached everywhere, while the Lord worked with them and confirmed the message by the signs that attended it."5

3 Those who with God's help have welcomed Christ's call and freely responded to it are urged on by love of Christ to proclaim the Good News everywhere in the world. This treasure, received from the apostles, has been faithfully guarded by their successors. All Christ's faithful are called to hand it on from generation to generation, by professing the faith, by living it in fraternal sharing, and by celebrating it in liturgy and prayer.

Catechism of the Catholic Church
- God Bless!
Jesus also said; "As the Father sent me that is how I send you."

Again He said "I have given them the words you gave me and they have accepted them...."

Also;(Father) "As you sent me into the world, so I sent them into the world."

As you can see, true followers are suppose to use the same words and go into the world to teach as Jesus taught. In effect to be His clone.

He wants all people to become the teacher He was.

"Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord."

"Blessed are the pure of heart, they will see God."

"Be perfect as your heavenly Father is perfect."

"I am Almighty God; walk in my presence and be perfect."

"Blessed is He who's way is perfect, who walks in the law of the Lord."