Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Theology  > Hell

Old 06-11-2012, 08:36 PM

Default Hell

Another thing that has been bothering me for awhile: If God knew that even ONE soul (let alone billions) would end up in Hell for all eternity, why did He create them in the first place? Why not just create those he knew would come to a saving knowledge of him by their own "free will" and simply not create those he foreknew would not?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-11-2012, 08:40 PM

Default Re: Hell

^ Consider how great is the gift of free will and you will have your answer. God did not create us robots but as free will persons.

Peace be with you.

"... There is nothing more beautiful than to be surprised by the Gospel, by the encounter with Christ. There is nothing more beautiful than to know Him and to speak to others of our friendship with Him." (Pope Benedict XVI) [Homily of His Holiness, Sunday, April 24th 2005]

GOD MADE MARY
NE - CES - SARY.

When Jesus, the Living Bread, says IS He means IS.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-11-2012, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHJE View Post
^ Consider how great is the gift of free will and you will have your answer. God did not create us robots but as free will persons.

Peace be with you.
But what is free will worth if it's end is everlasting pain and anguish?
Old 06-11-2012, 08:51 PM

God gives sufficient grace for salvation but you are free to receive it or not. God will not force anyone to love Him ... this is against true love. Love in order to be real must be a free gift of oneself.

God bless you.

"... There is nothing more beautiful than to be surprised by the Gospel, by the encounter with Christ. There is nothing more beautiful than to know Him and to speak to others of our friendship with Him." (Pope Benedict XVI) [Homily of His Holiness, Sunday, April 24th 2005]

GOD MADE MARY
NE - CES - SARY.

Old 06-11-2012, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHJE View Post
God gives sufficient grace for salvation but you are free to receive it or not. God will not force anyone to love Him ... this is against true love. Love in order to be real must be a free gift of oneself.

God bless you.
Ok, but that doesn't change the fact that God could just choose NOT to create those that would never choose to receive his grace, thus sparing them eternal conscious torment, right? This wouldn't force anyone to love him and wouldn't allow anyone to suffer for all eternity. It would be a win win.
Old 06-11-2012, 09:09 PM

However you put it, ... God is infinitely Just and blameless in this situation whereby a soul is to suffer eternal condemnation in the fires of Gehenna. God chose to create us but He does not make anyone do evil. The choice is yours ... life and death are set before man ... to which ever he chooses it shall be given him.

Those who are in Hell in a very fundamental way have freely chosen to be there. If a person loves sin more than God ... well, ... you choose and you suffer the consequences of your CHOICE.

Praised be Jesus Christ.

GOD MADE MARY
NE - CES - SARY.

Old 06-11-2012, 09:33 PM

Why or how could anyone really choose to burn in a pit of fire, away from all that is good and love, for all time (perfectly understanding that to be the case)? That sounds like the choice of either a person that is hopelessly confused or is incredibly insane...both of which it wouldn't mean much to say "they freely choose their fate". It seems like we paint this situation more black and white than it maybe really is. Maybe I'm just weird though.I
Old 06-12-2012, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prophetofsong View Post
Why or how could anyone really choose to burn in a pit of fire, away from all that is good and love, for all time (perfectly understanding that to be the case)? That sounds like the choice of either a person that is hopelessly confused or is incredibly insane...both of which it wouldn't mean much to say "they freely choose their fate". It seems like we paint this situation more black and white than it maybe really is. Maybe I'm just weird though.I
Its more likely that you think of God as having the same characteristics of man such as being unfair and unjust when just the opposite is true.

God goes beyond anything we can imagine to offer the opportunity for a person to come to Him.
Old 06-12-2012, 07:28 AM

Quote:
I don't think it sounds incredible at all. Adolf Hitler chose to murder more than 6 million Jewish men, women, and children. Saddam Hussein did not have any mercy on his own people when he gassed the Kurds. There are some who chose to do great evil, and we see it on earth. If that is the choice they make, then they will face the consequences of their choice.
Old 06-12-2012, 09:53 AM
Prophet1

Quote:
Another thing that has been bothering me for awhile: If God knew that even ONE soul (let alone billions) would end up in Hell for all eternity, why did He create them in the first place? Why not just create those he knew would come to a saving knowledge of him by their own "free will" and simply not create those he foreknew would not?
Jesus once told me audibly, to stop trying to figure him out and just follow him.

(Romans 9:19-21) “You will ask me, ‘In that case, how can God ever blame anyone, since no one can oppose his will?’ But what right have you, a human being, to cross-examine God? The pot has no right to say to the potter: Why did you make me this shape? Surely a potter can do what he likes with the clay? It is surely for him to decide whether he will use a particular lump of clay to make a special pot or an ordinary one?