Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Theology  > Scott Hahn explains Papal Infallibility

Old 02-28-2012, 02:04 PM
Knight of the Forum

Default Scott Hahn explains Papal Infallibility

Scott Hahn explains Papal Infallibility

Less than 5 minutes

Quote:
Dr. Scott Hahn answers a caller who explains that papal infallibility is a roadblock to his conversion.

Dr. Scott Hahn was born in 1957, and has been married to his wife Kimberly since 1979. He and Kimberly have six children and are expecting their fifth grandchild. An exceptionally popular speaker and teacher, Dr. Hahn has delivered numerous talks nationally and internationally on a wide variety of topics related to Scripture and the Catholic faith. Hundreds of these talks have been produced on audio and videotapes by St. Joseph Communications. His talks have been effective in helping thousands of Protestants and fallen away Catholics to (re)embrace the Catholic faith.

He is currently a Professor of Theology and Scripture at Franciscan University of Steubenville, where he has taught since 1990, and is the founder and director of the Saint Paul Center for Biblical Theology. In 2005, he was appointed as the Pope Benedict XVI Chair of Biblical Theology and Liturgical Proclamation at St. Vincent Seminary in Latrobe, Pennsylvania.

Dr. Hahn is also the bestselling author of numerous books including The Lamb's Supper, Reasons to Believe, and Rome Sweet Home (co-authored with his wife, Kimberly). Some of his newest books are Many Are Called, Hope for Hard Times, The Catholic Bible Dictionary, Covenant and Communion, and Signs of Life.

Scott received his Bachelor of Arts degree with a triple-major in Theology, Philosophy, and Economics from Grove City College, Pennsylvania in 1979, his Masters of Divinity from Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary in 1982, and his Ph.D. in Biblical Theology from Marquette University in 1995. Scott has ten years of youth and pastoral ministry experience in Protestant congregations (in Pennsylvania, Ohio, Massachusetts, Kansas, and Virginia) and is a former Professor of Theology at Chesapeake Theological Seminary. He was ordained in 1982 at Trinity Presbyterian Church in Fairfax, Virginia. He entered the Catholic Church at the Easter Vigil, 1986.

"God in his deepest mystery is not a solitude but a family, since he has in himself fatherhood, sonship and the essence of the family which is love"
- Saint Pope John Paul II
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-29-2012, 03:58 PM
Knight of the Forum

Default Re: Scott Hahn explains Papal Infallibility

Scott Hahn on the Papacy
Dr Scott Hahn on the Papacy | Catholic-Pages.com

"God in his deepest mystery is not a solitude but a family, since he has in himself fatherhood, sonship and the essence of the family which is love"
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-29-2012, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatholicCrusader View Post
This is very informative. Thanks for the information. I've always enjoyed listening to Scott Hahn.
Old 02-29-2012, 05:47 PM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selene View Post
This is very informative. Thanks for the information. I've always enjoyed listening to Scott Hahn.
That is actually a transcript of a talk he gave, and a while back I posted a link to an mp3 of that talk. I will look for the link

Old 02-29-2012, 09:52 PM

Quote:
That is actually a transcript of a talk he gave, and a while back I posted a link to an mp3 of that talk. I will look for the link
Does Scott Hahn have a website where he keeps a transcript of all his talks? I have a couple of his tapes and have always enjoyed listening to them.
Old 03-01-2012, 07:23 AM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Does Scott Hahn have a website where he keeps a transcript of all his talks? I have a couple of his tapes and have always enjoyed listening to them.
He has a site, and it does have audio resources, but it does not have the old stuff from long ago: St. Paul Center For Biblical Theology

Quote:
Here is the mp3: http://www.philvaz.com/ScottHahnCath...nsCOMPLETE.mp3

You have to wait exactly 30 seconds and get past the introduction before it gets to where that transcript begins. Also, there are four other talks that come after that one, all on the same mp3: One about Mary, one about Purgatory, one about the saints, and something else I forget. Its a LONG mp3, but this talk on the Pope luckily is the first one

Last edited by CatholicCrusader : 03-02-2012 at 07:29 AM.
Old 03-02-2012, 08:17 AM

Quote:
He has a site, and it does have audio resources, but it does not have the old stuff from long ago: St. Paul Center For Biblical Theology

Here is the mp3: http://www.philvaz.com/ScottHahnCath...nsCOMPLETE.mp3

You have to wait exactly 30 seconds and get past the introduction before it gets to where that transcript begins. Also, there are four other talks that come after that one, all on the same mp3: One about Mary, one about Purgatory, one about the saints, and something else I forget. Its a LONG mp3, but this talk on the Pope luckily is the first one
Thank you, Catholic Crusader. I saved it on my computer so I can listen to it.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:20 AM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Thank you, Catholic Crusader. I saved it on my computer so I can listen to it.
Did you listen to it?

Old 03-04-2012, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Did you listen to it?
Yes. Thanks again. I saved this one in my computer. I will try and see if I can download it to a disc. I have other discs from Scot Hahn that I listened to. I also have the disc telling his life story of when he converted to Catholicism.
Old 03-05-2012, 09:35 PM
followj

One way to never be wrong, is to never make any controversial proclamations.