Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Theology  > What does God do with our Sins...?

Old 02-13-2012, 02:07 PM
Hobie

Default What does God do with our Sins...?

.........if we do not confess them and repent from iniquity.

We know what happens when we bring them before the Lord and confess our sins....

1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Psalm 103:12
As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.

Isaiah 43:25
I, even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins.

But if we keep them hidden and do not confess and continue in sin and hold on to the iniquity, then what.........?

Matthew 7:23
And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Matthew 13:41
The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-13-2012, 05:27 PM
Giuliano

Default Re: What does God do with our Sins...?

The question that might be more interesting is what does God do with sinners.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-14-2012, 01:08 AM

Lightbulb Re: What does God do with our Sins...?

God forgives them who is really sorry and contrite of heart with holy sorrow for their sins, ... if they confess the way that Jesus has ordained.

That is, if they confess Jesus' way and not their own way.

What do I mean? ... Jesus gets to tell us how to confess.

Jesus forgives all of our sins that are truly and rightly confessed.
Old 02-14-2012, 02:11 AM
Sid

Why ask the question when I'll lay a dollar to a cent that you reckon you already know the answer?
Why not come straight out with your 'expertise'?
Old 02-14-2012, 06:15 AM
Giuliano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid View Post
Why ask the question when I'll lay a dollar to a cent that you reckon you already know the answer?
Why not come straight out with your 'expertise'?
I hope the answer isn't that they get barbecued and fed to demons.
Old 03-24-2012, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHJE View Post
I’m sorry, but it’s not Jesus who forgives our sins, it’s his Father. When many pray, they pray to Jesus. Many don’t understand, though he had to be an imperfect human, (living more righteous that any human), he had to become like us, in order to die for us, (Rom.5:19- For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous).

He’s once again a Heavenly being, clean in every sense of the word. NO human can touch him, even through prayer, Just as Angels and humans not touching. So why are many taught we can pray to Jesus, then say in Jesus name? Many don’t know, there’s a reason why we end with “in Jesus name”

Say this, in a sense, cleans us so that we, (in prayer), can get to his Father. This is why Jesus said at (John 14:6 “Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me” many are taught this meant refers to going to Heaven). Though Jesus did teach the truth, and if trying to follow it, will gain one life. Our prayers goes through him to the Father. In a since he’s the mediator, we’re unclean Jehovah God isn’t, Jesus was in a sense unclean/human. Jesus never took credit for anything that belong to his Father, (John 5:30 -I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me).

For those who say, that’s not what the “in Jesus name” refers to. Remember, those before Jesus was sent to earth, by…his Father ,(John 3:16,17- For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son…), had to sacrifice animals so that their prayers would be heard, or get to the God of Israel/Jehovah. Because Jesus wasn’t on earth yet. That’s why it makes no sense for us to pray to Jesus in Jesus name. peace
Old 03-24-2012, 10:29 AM

^ Dear JoJo,

May the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, be with you.

Your objections to praying directly to Jesus are based on your denial of the Son as being Equal to the Father as it states in John 5:18 and John 19:7.

An animal has offspring according to its nature, right?
A chiken according to its nature, right?
A fish has offspring according to its nature, right?

A human being begets a son according to his nature, right?

Now the Inestimable Question is this, ... How does the Infinite and Uncreated God BEGET a Son?

By the Way, we also may feel free to pray DIRECTLY to God the Holy Spirit. The People of God worship and adore the Holy Spirit, the Third Person of the Most Holy and Undivided Trinity.

You are a human being with a finite intellect, ... do you comprehend fully the ONENESS or UNITY of God? What does it mean for God to be ONE???

God is not like us creatures, ... God is God and there is no creature which may be compared to Him in His infinite Dignity and Majesty.

I invite you to constantly seek the True Apostolic Teaching (from the Beginning) as believers were devoted to the same (please see Acts 2:42)

Peace be with you.
Old 03-24-2012, 05:17 PM

The ONLY "law of GOD" (meaning the only "DIVINE" spiritual law) that ever existed before the crucifixion was the 10 Commandments.....MOSES added many "ordinances"/rules of worship (wear this robe, wear your hair like this, etc.....called "Mosaic law"). Technically, Mosaic law IS NOT a "LAW OF GOD" (the Jews felt that it was "divine" law,...."All who came before me are thieves and robbers", John 10).

Even though the law of Moses is not divine law, on the cross, Jesus abolished both.......God made it very clear in scripture.....

Ephesians 2:15
"by abolishing in his flesh the law of commandments and ordinances".

The modern worshiper ("True worshiper", John 4:23) should be concerned with NEITHER Mosaic law nor the 10 commandments (we are NOT Jews).

The 10 commandments were the list of requirements that must be fulfilled in order to be PERFECT (only GOD can be perfect). They were simply meant to show the Jews that they need the promised Messiah, but many never caught on (some did).

The only law that we are to observe is the law of liberty (it is the PERFECT LAW).....

James 2:12
"So speak and so act as those who are to be judged under the law of liberty".

......the law of liberty is for the believers who will look into the PERFECT LAW....(will you?...your choice).

James 1:25 "but if you look into the perfect law, the law of liberty...".

All throughout history, believers have not been taught to "look into" the perfect law (argue if you will, it's true). Many, many "truths" have never been taught (complain and stomp your feet all you want, we have been taught WRONG). The only doctrine we should be concerned with is the "DOCTRINE OF CHRIST" (Christ and Him crucified, the final/everlasting 'sin sacrifice').

2 John 1:9
"Any one who goes ahead and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God".

The "WORD OF GOD" (JESUS is "the Word", not scripture) became FLESH and hung on the cross in order to END "sin". Jesus came to earth at the end of the age of time to be the FINAL (once for all) sacrifice (offering) for transgressions/"sin" of the 10 commandments......

Hebrews 9:26
"he has appeared once for all at the end of the age to put away sin".

....Jesus came in the "fulness of time" (the completion and end of time) and ushered in the age of ETERNITY (The Lord's "day" is the ETERNAL SABBATH)....

Mark 10:30 and Luke 18:30
"and in the age to come eternal life".

The Jews used to perform rituals in order as gifts to God and present offerings and sacrifices to God in order to be "purified" of "sin", but they had to do this repeatedly every year because that "purification" was not TRULY SUFFICIENT for God. So the Father sent Jesus to be the FINAL sin sacrifice (the lamb of GOD is the ONLY sufficient sacrifice and is EVERLASTING/FINAL).

God has "PUT AWAY" sin ("sin" has no more divine meaning....IN CHRIST)....The "law of COMMANDMENTS" (law of "SIN" and death) has been ABOLISHED/destroyed for the believer in Christ.....the word "sin" today is only loosely used to mean "WRONGDOING" but has no more divine meaning at all. The Jews did not have the final sin sacrifice available to them (WE do), so God said that they shall never enter His rest....

Hebrews 4:3
"For we who have believed enter that rest, as he has said, "As I swore in my wrath, 'They shall never enter my rest,'" although his works were finished from the foundation of the world".

Hebrews 10:2
"they would no longer have any consciousness of sin".

We were taught wrong (we were taught only "milk", not "solid food")....
Incident at Antioch - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

All verses are from the RSV.

Last edited by moreexcellentway : 03-24-2012 at 05:28 PM.
Old 03-24-2012, 10:07 PM
Representative Clergy

Well, MEW, to your credit you recognize the value of ALL Scripture as opposed to some of the more recent comers who say we can pick and choose, or discard Pauline writings (you know, the red letter types). It is in these times that we learn to appreciate each other. Lord have mercy.
Old 04-11-2012, 06:30 PM
Prophet1

(Hebrews 10:26-31) “If, after we have been given knowledge of the truth, we should deliberately commit any sins, then there is no longer any sacrifice for them. There is left only the dreadful prospect of judgment and of the fiery wrath that is to devour your enemies.”