True2Ourselves
Already a member? login
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
  
+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Theology  > No man knoweth the day or the hour

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-05-2012, 11:34 PM
colin's Avatar
Knight of the Forum
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,603
Default No man knoweth the day or the hour

Jesus was talking to the Roman who wanted his servant healed. The Roman said I to am a man in authority and I know if I say the word it will be done and I know if you just say the word, it will be done. Jesus said, seldom have I ever seen such faith , even in Israel and then it was done that very hour. The servant was healed. Now it says Jesus speaks but no man receives his testimony. That is because they do not understand. He said to his disciples, have you known me all this time and still not known the Father. He said are you still so dull. Thats like, do you still not understand. Jesus said to one of the churches, hold on to what you have or I will come upon you like a thief in the night and no man knows that day or the hour. In the beginning it says God let there be light and he seperated the light from the darkness and and he called the light Day. Jesus said to the Samarian woman at the well, Time is that no man will know what it is he worships or who but the hour is comming when they will worship God , the father in spirit and in truth because God seeks them that worship him.

When Jesus said no man knows that day or that hour, not even the angles or the apostles , no one but the father. When he said I will come upon you as a thief. Jesus is no thief. What he is saying is if you lose your understanding, the word will be as a thief. The enemy is the thief and like in the parable, he steals the seed because people have no root. Spiritual wisdom is the root and the prophets give you spiritual wisdom and you must hold onto it and it is the word you will hear. When you get this you receive the word and you get ears to hear and then you are not so dull and when you see Jesus you see the Father and then you know that day and that hour. Without the hearing the angles speak and the ministers and they all can speak but it means nothing because you cannot understand. But when you get the spiritual understanding you see the father and then you know the day and the hour. You see that great light, you understand. Of course when a church looses its understanding, they do not know when it happened but that is not what it means. Jesus said if you have known me you have know the father so if you know Jesus you know the day and the hour.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-06-2012, 05:14 PM
SIMONSEZ's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 58
Default Re: No man knoweth the day or the hour

The time is not decide (set) yet...why should He?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-07-2012, 02:55 PM
Dwaine
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: No man knoweth the day or the hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin View Post
Jesus was talking to the Roman who wanted his servant healed. The Roman said I to am a man in authority and I know if I say the word it will be done and I know if you just say the word, it will be done. Jesus said, seldom have I ever seen such faith , even in Israel and then it was done that very hour. The servant was healed. Now it says Jesus speaks but no man receives his testimony. That is because they do not understand. He said to his disciples, have you known me all this time and still not known the Father. He said are you still so dull. Thats like, do you still not understand. Jesus said to one of the churches, hold on to what you have or I will come upon you like a thief in the night and no man knows that day or the hour. In the beginning it says God let there be light and he seperated the light from the darkness and and he called the light Day. Jesus said to the Samarian woman at the well, Time is that no man will know what it is he worships or who but the hour is comming when they will worship God , the father in spirit and in truth because God seeks them that worship him.

When Jesus said no man knows that day or that hour, not even the angles or the apostles , no one but the father. When he said I will come upon you as a thief. Jesus is no thief. What he is saying is if you lose your understanding, the word will be as a thief. The enemy is the thief and like in the parable, he steals the seed because people have no root. Spiritual wisdom is the root and the prophets give you spiritual wisdom and you must hold onto it and it is the word you will hear. When you get this you receive the word and you get ears to hear and then you are not so dull and when you see Jesus you see the Father and then you know that day and that hour. Without the hearing the angles speak and the ministers and they all can speak but it means nothing because you cannot understand. But when you get the spiritual understanding you see the father and then you know the day and the hour. You see that great light, you understand. Of course when a church looses its understanding, they do not know when it happened but that is not what it means. Jesus said if you have known me you have know the father so if you know Jesus you know the day and the hour.
You have a truly unique and amazing interpretation of scripture.You even spell the word angel different ,I guess we can attribute that to your spiritual gifts that you claim to have.When Jesus warns us he will come like a theif in the night,I was taught he wants us to live righteous lives at all times,because no one knows when the second coming will take place,not even the Angels.But after reading your interpretation I guess it means something else.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-28-2012, 11:34 AM
JoJo's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 193
Default Re: No man knoweth the day or the hour

You said…”[COLOR="Black"]When Jesus said no man knows that day or that hour, not even the angles or the apostles , no one but the father” I’m sorry but you tooked out, and added, concerning what Jesus said. He never said “Apostles” he showed he meant himself not knowing the end ,(Mark 13:32 But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father). The Apostles ARE included with “man”.

You also said concerning Jesus saying, come upon you as a thief. “What he is saying is if you lose your understanding, the word will be as a thief. The enemy is the thief and like in the parable, he steals the seed because people have no root…” Jesus wasn’t referring to that, he was referring to making sure we try our best to live a way pleasing to God, If not we will get destroyed. Like a thief Jesus will come,( the time of the end), when one is not expecting him, (Matt.24:43,44 and Lk.12:39,40- But know this, that if the good man of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up. Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh).

You said concerning spiritual wisdom…”When you get this you receive the word and you get ears to hear and then you are not so dull and when you see Jesus you see the Father and then you know that day and that hour” first, having that isn’t going to save our life. We have to try and live a certain way, which includes doing what God ask of us ,(Matt.7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven).

Secondly “receiving the word” and seeing Jesus, means seeing the Father. Still won’t let us know the day or hour, (the end), Jesus already said this. No imperfect human, (and we ALL are), can come trying to contradict what a perfect Jesus said. ONLY Jehovah God, though Jesus will let his people know that day is now. Just as in Moses, Lot, and Noah’s time, he gave them a heads-up. peace[/color]
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-29-2012, 09:36 AM
dianegcook's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 59
Default Re: No man knoweth the day or the hour

A thief in the night

2Peter 3:10-
But THE DAY OF THE LORD WILL COME AS A THIEF IN THE NIGHT,

IN THE WHICH THE HEAVENS SHALL PASS AWAY WITH A GREAT NOISE, AND THE ELEMENTS SHALL MELT WITH FERVENT HEAT, THE EARTH ALSO AND THE WORKS THAT ARE THEREIN SHALL BE BURNED UP.

12; Looking for and hasting unto THE COMING OF THE DAY OF GOD, WHEREIN THE HEAVENS BEING ON FIRE SHALL BE DISSOLVED, AND THE ELEMENTS SHALL MELT WITH FERVENT HEAT...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-29-2012, 09:40 AM
dianegcook's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 59
Default Re: No man knoweth the day or the hour

It doesn't say when, but

one should know the (season)

And I believe it is getting close!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-31-2012, 07:06 AM
Suspended for Review
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 6,856
Default Re: No man knoweth the day or the hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin View Post
Jesus was talking to the Roman who wanted his servant healed. The Roman said I to am a man in authority and I know if I say the word it will be done and I know if you just say the word, it will be done. Jesus said, seldom have I ever seen such faith , even in Israel and then it was done that very hour. The servant was healed. Now it says Jesus speaks but no man receives his testimony. That is because they do not understand. He said to his disciples, have you known me all this time and still not known the Father. He said are you still so dull. Thats like, do you still not understand. Jesus said to one of the churches, hold on to what you have or I will come upon you like a thief in the night and no man knows that day or the hour. In the beginning it says God let there be light and he seperated the light from the darkness and and he called the light Day. Jesus said to the Samarian woman at the well, Time is that no man will know what it is he worships or who but the hour is comming when they will worship God , the father in spirit and in truth because God seeks them that worship him.

When Jesus said no man knows that day or that hour, not even the angles or the apostles , no one but the father. When he said I will come upon you as a thief. Jesus is no thief. What he is saying is if you lose your understanding, the word will be as a thief. The enemy is the thief and like in the parable, he steals the seed because people have no root. Spiritual wisdom is the root and the prophets give you spiritual wisdom and you must hold onto it and it is the word you will hear. When you get this you receive the word and you get ears to hear and then you are not so dull and when you see Jesus you see the Father and then you know that day and that hour. Without the hearing the angles speak and the ministers and they all can speak but it means nothing because you cannot understand. But when you get the spiritual understanding you see the father and then you know the day and the hour. You see that great light, you understand. Of course when a church looses its understanding, they do not know when it happened but that is not what it means. Jesus said if you have known me you have know the father so if you know Jesus you know the day and the hour.
Are you saying you know the day and the hour?
Or by your title of the thread, you don't know the day or hour therefore you don't know Jesus or God?

If you do know Jesus and God and therefore the day and hour are you willing to announce the day and hour by faith in that truth?

You have at least one site member believing what you post and therefore somewhat responsible for her soul in care in your prophecy if you choose to reveal the day and hour.

Don't allow the enemy to steal your Spiritual Wisdom and make you dull.
Stand by your conviction of knowing Jesus and God and therefore the day and hour. If that is your conviction.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-31-2012, 07:09 AM
Suspended for Review
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 6,856
Default Re: No man knoweth the day or the hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianegcook View Post
It doesn't say when, but

one should know the (season)

And I believe it is getting close!
Define close!

As one should know. What season are we in?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-31-2012, 07:11 AM
Suspended for Review
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 6,856
Default Re: No man knoweth the day or the hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maizie View Post
I think this is very good-illuminating it is.

Luke 12 verse 33 tells us to change our treasure from one which is earthly to a spiritual treasure. Verse 35 tells us to be ready, girded and prepared with our light burning then verse 37 sets up a picture of having a meal where we are being served (this happens at a wedding where the One throwing the feast serves those who are invited)

It is a fact that if we do not use the Word of God we will lose it. We must have it living in us and eat it daily. Jesus said that the Word cleanses us...
And this illuminates the day and hour how?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-31-2012, 01:48 PM
dianegcook's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 59
Default Re: No man knoweth the day or the hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinderAsh View Post
Define close!

As one should know. What season are we in?
In Matt.24; Mark 13; Luke 21;
States;
Now learn a parable of the FIG TREE; when his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh;
So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.

Verily I say unto you, THIS GENERATION SHALL NOT PASS, TILL ALL THESE THINGS BE FULFILLED.

The Parable of the FIG TREE can be found in Jer.24:
The captive of Judah..
Israel became a nation in 1948..
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ONE HOUR with the "OUR FATHER", ... Let us pray ... AHJE Spirituality 40 03-25-2014 08:35 PM
The 12 hour Prayer test Soulheart3 General Discussions 12 08-11-2009 10:16 PM
The hour of deliverance colin Theology 2 06-07-2009 05:07 PM
Day Light Savings Time, People Change Your Clocks , One Hour Ahead! walkinthespirit General Discussions 7 03-12-2009 09:51 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:48 PM.


true2ourselves
 
 
 

Flashcoms

You need to upgrade your Flash Player.

Version 8 or higher is required.

download from http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29