Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Theology  > The Fruit of the Vine

Old 02-04-2012, 09:53 AM
followj

Default The Fruit of the Vine

John 15:1-6, Jesus is the true vine, and the true branches are to produce "fruit". The branches that do bear fruit are pruned so that they bear even more fruit. What is the fruit of this vine?

Here are some different ideas:

1__converts
2__ethical virtues
3__love
4__communion

You can probably think of more than these four.

Jesus told us what the real fruit is. Ideas, comments?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-04-2012, 12:10 PM

Default Re: The Fruit of the Vine

Quote:
Originally Posted by followj View Post
John 15:1-6, Jesus is the true vine, and the true branches are to produce "fruit". The branches that do bear fruit are pruned so that they bear even more fruit. What is the fruit of this vine?

Here are some different ideas:

1__converts
2__ethical virtues
3__love
4__communion

You can probably think of more than these four.

Jesus told us what the real fruit is. Ideas, comments?
Fruit=soul, If you live in Him and He within you, the you became a branche (bride) and can produce a good fruit/good soul.

1Co 15:20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.

Jesus was the first rising soul.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-05-2012, 02:33 AM
Sid

What comes to my mind is my conviction that Jesus was chiefly pre-occupied during his ministry with turning around the Jews deeply embedded certainty that the coming kingdom was to be a physical restoration of their national birthright to its earthly seat in Jerusalem.
Might that not be the reason why he added 'true' as a prefix to vine.
A 'new Israel' by the birthright of faith. (Romans 9)
A 'new Jerusalem' as per Revelation 21 and 22.
The real 'kingdom of heaven' as per Matthew 5 (except your righteousness shall EXCEED that of the scribes and the Pharisees)
The 'True' vine, the fruit of which the resurrection of Christ was to be the 'firstfruit'?

"He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen."

Last edited by Sid : 02-05-2012 at 02:37 AM.
Old 02-05-2012, 08:53 AM
followj

"Beware of false prophets who come to you in sheep's clothing but are inwardly ravenous wolves. You will know them by their fruits. Are grapes gathered from thorns or figs from thistles?" Matt 7:15-16

What do prophets produce? Prophecy, the words from their mouths. Their fruit are the words from their mouths.

See also Matt 12:33-37, Luke 6:45, A tree is known by its fruit.
"...for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks..."

On the parable of the sower, "As for what was sown on good soil, this is he who hears THE WORD and understands it, he indeed bears fruit, and yields, in one case 100 fold, in another 60, and in another 30." Matt 13:23,
Mark 4:3-20, Luke 8:11-15 Mark 4:14, "The sower sows THE WORD."

Isn't Jesus the sower? If a farmer plants wheat, he expects the wheat to multiply.

The fruit is the multiplication of the words of Jesus. Those who teach new or different doctrines than what Jesus taught aren't producing good fruit.

Mark 13:23, "But be on your guard, I have foretold you all things beforehand."
Old 02-05-2012, 09:01 AM
followj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid View Post
Might that not be the reason why he added 'true' as a prefix to vine.

"He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.
"
There is the true vine, and so there are also false vines. In this forum, most would agree that Mohammad was a false vine. There are others.

As for Revelation, it has been more than 1900 years. It doesn't seem very quick to me. Rev 1:1, "the things that must soon take place"
Old 02-05-2012, 09:25 AM
Sid

Quote:
As for Revelation, it has been more than 1900 years. It doesn't seem very quick to me. Rev 1:1, "the things that must soon take place"
As I say, "take a premise and you can invariably find scriptures to both support and to undermine it"

There are many who believe that many of 'the things' shown in Revelation did in fact "soon take place".

Just as there are many who believe that 'yet' is 'soon' in the expectation that we are travelling to a place where "time shall be no more"

'Start with a premise and end up with a fallacy' might be a wise banner.
Old 02-05-2012, 05:10 PM
followj

This multiplication teaching is also in Genesis 1:28, "Be fruitful and multiply"
Old 02-05-2012, 05:36 PM

“What could have been done more to my vineyard, that I have not done in it? wherefore, when I looked that it should bring forth grapes, brought it forth wild grapes?” Isaiah 5:4, KJV.
Old 02-06-2012, 12:10 AM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
There is the true vine, and so there are also false vines. In this forum, most would agree that Mohammad was a false vine. There are others.

Quickly doesn't have to mean soon.
Old 02-06-2012, 12:43 AM
Suspended for Review

[quote]

9 And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, 10 so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, 11 filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ—to the glory and praise of God.

15 Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise—the fruit of lips that openly profess his name. 16 And do not forget to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased.

The good fruit is what pleases God.
Praising God, giving glory to God is what Jesus lived for.

17 And a voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.”

No, it is for God’s glory so that God’s Son may be glorified through it.”

27 “Now my soul is troubled, and what shall I say? ‘Father, save me from this hour’? No, it was for this very reason I came to this hour. 28 Father, glorify your name!”

Then a voice came from heaven, “I have glorified it, and will glorify it again.” 29 The crowd that was there and heard it said it had thundered; others said an angel had spoken to him.