Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Theology  > Is Sin Inherited?

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 07:36 AM
followj

Default Is Sin Inherited?

Is sin genetic? This topic came up in another thread. I say no, babies are innocent. They don't know any words, they aren't evil.

As to when they commit their first sin, that is open to debate. Maybe it happens when a diaper is changed, and the little one decides to pee in the new clean, dry diaper ON PURPOSE. That nasty little sinner.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-28-2012, 07:40 AM

Default Re: Is Sin Inherited?

Your diaper comedy sounds a bit like mocking. Are we supposed to answer seriously?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-28-2012, 08:00 AM
Giuliano

Quote:
Originally Posted by followj View Post
Is sin genetic? This topic came up in another thread. I say no, babies are innocent. They don't know any words, they aren't evil.
Some children are born wicked; but that doesn't mean they inherited sin. It means they were wicked before they were born.

Psalm 58:3 The wicked are estranged from the womb: they go astray as soon as they be born, speaking lies.

Children are different when they're born, even before they're born. Thus Rebekah was told what her children would be like; and the prophet wrote of them:

Malachi 1:2 I have loved you, saith the LORD. Yet ye say, Wherein hast thou loved us? Was not Esau Jacob's brother? saith the LORD: yet I loved Jacob,

But none of that means sin is inherited. God judges us for what we do, not for what someone else does. I won't quote the whole passage but the chapter begins:

Ezekiel 18:1 The word of the LORD came unto me again, saying,
2 What mean ye, that ye use this proverb concerning the land of Israel, saying, The fathers have eaten sour grapes, and the children's teeth are set on edge?
3 As I live, saith the Lord GOD, ye shall not have occasion any more to use this proverb in Israel.

If that's not clear enough in its meaning, he is more explicit:

20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

We live in a world that is not fair or just. In this world, my actions can harm you. I can steal from you. I can lie about you. I can even kill you. Most of us like the world this way. We like the idea of getting what we want by taking advantage of others.

Thus children are born under the curse put on Adam and Eve; but they are not guilty of that sin. Indeed, when we see how unjust and unfair this was, perhaps we can also see why Jesus sought to correct the problem.
Old 01-28-2012, 02:08 PM
followj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maizie View Post
Your diaper comedy sounds a bit like mocking. Are we supposed to answer seriously?
Looks like there are 2 thread on the same topic. Do you have a better idea, the little one's first sin? Maybe not picking up a toy that the parents ordered him to pick up??

LET's close this thread, keep the other running. SORRY
Closed Thread