Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Theology  > The Gospel or Good News

Old 12-19-2011, 05:54 PM
followj

Default The Gospel or Good News

The "Apostle" Paul described the gospel that he taught in at least nine ways:
-
1--Acts 20;24 (this one is a kind of cheating--it isn't in Paul's words) the gospel of the grace of God
-
2--Rom 1:1, the gospel of God
-
3--Rom 2:16, my gospel___"in that day when according to my gospel, God judges the secrets of men by Christ Jesus."
-
4--Rom 15:19, the gospel of Christ
-
5--Galat 2:7, the gospel to the uncircumcised
-
6--Ephes 1:13, the gospel of your salvation
-
7--Ephes 6:15, the gospel of peace
-
8--2 Thes 1:8, the gospel of our Lord Jesus
-
9--1 Tim 1:11, the glorious gospel of the blessed God
Jesus preached the gospel of the kingdom. Matt 4:23, 9:35, Mark 1:14, Luke 16:16
-
Jesus also said, "And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached throughout the whole world, as a testimony to all nations; and then the end will come.", Matt 24:14
______If you do not believe that the kingdom of God has arrived you might want to investigate further.
____
Paul wrote in Gal 1:6-10, about another gospel. "As we have said before, so now I say again, If any one is preaching a gospel contrary to that which you received, let him be accursed." Of course the gospel they got was from Paul.
---
Paul either did not know or or else ignored what Jesus said, "But I say to you, do not swear at all......Let what you say be simply 'Yes' or 'No'; anything more than this comes from evil" Matt 5:34-37

Last edited by followj : 12-19-2011 at 11:01 PM. Reason: do not curse
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-19-2011, 07:10 PM
Dwaine

Default Re: The Gospel or Good News

It seems clear to me,after reading some of your(confusing)posts,that you have a problem with the teachings of the Apostle Paul.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-19-2011, 09:24 PM
followj

What is confusing about this post? You can look up the verses for yourself. If you think that Paul's numerous descriptions of the gospel match what Jesus taught, you are home free.
Old 12-20-2011, 04:46 PM
Dwaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by followj View Post
What is confusing about this post? You can look up the verses for yourself. If you think that Paul's numerous descriptions of the gospel match what Jesus taught, you are home free.
please give an example.
Old 12-21-2011, 06:08 PM
followj

Example of what? Paul contradicts himself. I'm not sure what the gospel is according to Paul. Can you tell me??
Old 12-22-2011, 12:44 PM
Dwaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by followj View Post
Example of what? Paul contradicts himself. I'm not sure what the gospel is according to Paul. Can you tell me??
Jesus preached about the kingdom of heaven and salvation,Paul taught us how christians were supposed to behave and interact with each other.It was said of Paul that every where he preached he caused a revival or a riot,sometimes both.Paul was the greatest evangelist in the history of christiandom.
Old 12-24-2011, 05:27 PM
followj

I thought you might have written down some parts of creeds or something of that sort.
Old 12-27-2011, 01:36 AM
Knight of the Forum

Well I'm confused.
Old 12-27-2011, 07:38 AM
Giuliano

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenic101 View Post
Well I'm confused.
You're not alone. So am I. Has anyone said what he thinks the gospel is? I know what I think it is; but I have no idea what is meant by the word "gospel" in this thread.

And if Jesus and Paul had different gospels, what are they?
Old 12-29-2011, 10:07 AM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giuliano View Post
... Has anyone said what he thinks the gospel is? I know what I think it is; but I have no idea what is meant by the word "gospel" in this thread.

And if Jesus and Paul had different gospels, what are they?
I think it starts by taking a fairly limited view of what Jesus taught, then taking a similarly limited view of what Paul taught. If you them lean Jesus' teachings one way, and Paul's the other way, it could appear that the two are different.

I find that looking at the deeper principles underlying the teachings of Jesus while understanding that Jesus taught while He was alive where as Paul was preaching to specific peoples after Christ's resurrection, then Paul's teachings are encapsulated within those of Jesus.