Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Theology  > born again

Old 11-08-2011, 09:30 AM
Knight of the Forum

Default born again

**** You Must Be Born Again - Tim Keller Sermon with Chinese Subtitles *****
1Jn 3:20 For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things.

Last edited by Mark : 11-09-2011 at 06:04 AM. Reason: fixed link
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-08-2011, 09:10 PM
Representative Clergy

Default Re: born again

?????????????????????
Can't view it
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-09-2011, 06:23 AM
Knight of the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linsinbigler View Post
?????????????????????
Can't view it
Sorry let me try putting the link in the right way

You Must Be Born Again - Tim Keller Sermon with Chinese Subtitles on Vimeo
1Jn 3:20 For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things.

Last edited by doinghiswill : 11-09-2011 at 06:26 AM.
Old 11-10-2011, 07:42 AM
Knight of the Forum

When it comes to being born again, all know it isn't a physical birth. We are born again in the teachings of God or the word. This is being begat. People are beget or begotten from the seed and the seed is the word. The word has good seed and coruptable seed. Only God can beget his son and the son cannot begat son's of God but he does beget brothers and brothers , more brothers and that is like the adduption into the family of God. To be beget it is from a kiss, the brotherly kiss which means from one mouth to another. Eve had two sons of the two different seed, the earthly seed produced Cain but the uncoruptable seed produced Able. This was the proof of her adultry and cain like his father became a murderer.
The word is the seed and in it is bad seed as well as good seed, the two seeds mixed together but the bad seed is simply the word without proper understanding which probuces children of disobedence. People without understanding are like the beast of the earth the perish and that is their mark.

When God begat his son, he begets no other. It is the son's seed that begets others. This is why when Adam was created , all that were created from him were called Adam. This is why there is no way to the Father but threw the son. This is why Jesus said if you do this to these breathren of mine, you do it to me.
James 1:18
Of his own will beget he us from the word of truth.
1st Peter 1:23
being born again, not of corrupable seed.
Old 12-02-2011, 04:48 PM
xianpugilist

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin View Post
When it comes to being born again, all know it isn't a physical birth. We are born again in the teachings of God or the word. This is being begat. People are beget or begotten from the seed and the seed is the word.

Can you back up the seed is the WORD? I don't think you can.

The word has good seed and coruptable seed.

So, the WORD in JOHN 1 has corruptable seed. What was JESUS corrupt in?

Only God can beget his son and the son cannot begat son's of God but he does beget brothers and brothers , more brothers and that is like the adduption into the family of God. .

Then why use the word Begat, since that isn't begatting, but finding.

To be beget it is from a kiss, the brotherly kiss which means from one mouth to another. Eve had two sons of the two different seed,

So, ADAM wasn't the only man. Isn't that interesting.

the earthly seed produced Cain but the uncoruptable seed produced Able. This was the proof of her adultry and cain like his father became a murderer.

Before it can be proof of anything you must prove it, and it's not in the bible anywhere.

The word is the seed and in it is bad seed as well as good seed, the two seeds mixed together but the bad seed is simply the word without proper understanding which probuces children of disobedence.

What do you think "WORD" means biblically? Help us all out please?

People without understanding are like the beast of the earth the perish and that is their mark.

When God begat his son, he begets no other. It is the son's seed that begets others. This is why when Adam was created , all that were created from him were called Adam. This is why there is no way to the Father but threw the son. This is why Jesus said if you do this to these breathren of mine, you do it to me.
James 1:18
Of his own will beget he us from the word of truth.

Jam 1:18 In the exercise of His will He brought us forth by the word of truth, so that we would be [fn]a kind of first fruits [fn]among His creatures.

It says HE brought us forth by, not from. In other words the Word of truth delivered His creation.

1st Peter 1:23
being born again, not of corrupable seed.

1Pe 1:23 for you have been born again not of seed which is perishable but imperishable, that is, through the living and enduring word of God.

Not everyone is born of that seed, yet. Not even everyone that calls themselves Christian.

Consult 1Jo 3:9 No one who is [fn]born of God practices sin, because His seed abides in him; and he cannot sin, because he is [fn]born of God.

If that is you, I bow my head to ya.
I really don't see how you get where you are.
Old 12-02-2011, 06:02 PM
Giuliano

It may depend on what translation one uses, but yes I can find evidence that the Word is the seed. he KJV reads:

James 1:21 KJV Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.

Other translations use "implanted word."

James 1:21 ASV Wherefore putting away all filthiness and overflowing of wickedness, receive with meekness the implanted word, which is able to save your souls.

You can compare translations at James 1:21 Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and the - Online Bible Study Tools.

Doesn't someone have to "say something" for a baptism to be valid?

The parable of the seed also states it:

Matthew 13:19 KJV When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side.

Similarly:

Luke 8:11 KJV Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God.

If we read the rest of the passage from Peter, it reads:

1 Peter 1:23 KJV
Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

I don't always see eye-to-eye with Colin on everything; but on this, I think he's on solid ground. Is it worth squabbling over?
Old 12-02-2011, 07:10 PM
xianpugilist

What do you think the word, Logos means?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giuliano View Post
It may depend on what translation one uses, but yes I can find evidence that the Word is the seed. he KJV reads:

James 1:21 KJV Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.

Other translations use "implanted word."

James 1:21 ASV Wherefore putting away all filthiness and overflowing of wickedness, receive with meekness the implanted word, which is able to save your souls.

You can compare translations at james 1:21 Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and the - Online Bible Study Tools[/url].

Doesn't someone have to "say something" for a baptism to be valid?

The parable of the seed also states it:

Matthew 13:19 KJV When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side.

Similarly:

Luke 8:11 KJV Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God.

If we read the rest of the passage from Peter, it reads:

Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

I don't always see eye-to-eye with Colin on everything; but on this, I think he's on solid ground. Is it worth squabbling over?
Old 12-02-2011, 11:11 PM
Sid

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin View Post
When it comes to being born again, all I know is that it isn't a physical birth.
If that's what you meant to say Colin then I join you.
I believe it to be 'spiritual', but sadly I see little evidence of it, either in myself or in other forum participants whose 'fruit of the spirit' sometimes is more akin to 'insular bigotry'.
Old 12-03-2011, 05:50 AM
Giuliano

Quote:
Originally Posted by xianpugilist View Post
What do you think the word, Logos means?
It's translated as "word" in all the passages I quoted.

James 1:21 KJV Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word <logos>, which is able to save your souls.

Matthew 13:19 KJV When any one heareth the word <logos> of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side.

Luke 8:11 KJV Now the parable is this: The seed is the word <logos> of God.

Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word <logos> of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

It means "word." It's translated that way accurately I think.
Old 12-03-2011, 08:30 AM
xianpugilist

Ok, now I understand what you are saying. Logos hos the word in Greek you would find used for any of the following
.a word, a title, a chapter, a book, a series of books, an encyclopedia, even a library in some instances.
It could be a word you said, a statement made, an order, a story, a directive, a law, the laws, when john wrote john 1:1 he wasn't referring to his letter as the word, nor the tanach as the word. He referenced the Christ. Why use the word "word"for a person?

Remember how God created, "he said let there be. ..." And there was. That "said" pert is important. Then John wrote that everything created was created through this Word. Before he was born as Jesus, he walked the earth and made appearances. But before that he was here, it was created through Him. CHRIST is the creation God. He is all the rules of physics, etc that holds the cosmos together. Instead of word, think order/command.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giuliano View Post
It's translated as "word" in all the passages I quoted.

James 1:21 KJV Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word <logos>, which is able to save your souls.

Matthew 13:19 KJV When any one heareth the word <logos> of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side.

Luke 8:11 KJV Now the parable is this: The seed is the word <logos> of God.

Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word <logos> of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

It means "word." It's translated that way accurately I think.