Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Theology  > Eternal Security of the Believer !

Old 07-09-2011, 06:39 AM
Suspended for Review

Default Eternal Security of the Believer !

That True Believers can loose their Salvation is one of the most God and Christ dishonoring doctrines that a man can utter ! Its nothing less than taking a shot at and discrediting the very Power of God [Blasphemy] which is keeping the Believer through Faith unto that Salvation that is ready to be revealed 1 Pet 1:5

3Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

4To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,

5Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

Now I am not referring to every false believer, but to all those believers in Christ who hath been begotten again unto a lively hope [Faith] by [not their freewill] the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.

These have been begotten again ! Now this word begotten ins the greek word anagennao:

to produce again, be born again, born anew

metaph. to have one's mind changed so that he lives a new life and one conformed to the will of God

It is those who have been produced again, born anew. It also means to have been given one a Change of Mind, which is Repentance. The greek word used for Repentance is metanoia and means:

a change of mind, as it appears to one who repents, of a purpose he has formed or of something he has done

So we can now see from scripture that a Change of Mind, Repentance is an effect of having been begotten again by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, it cannot be made any plainer.

The word for begotten again is also translated born again in 1 Pet 1:23

23Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Now these born again ones are being kept by the power of God through Faith ! And for what purpose are they being kept ? Unto Salvation ready to be revealed.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-09-2011, 08:24 AM
Suspended for Review

Kept by the Power of God through Faith !

Many who would pervert this text of scripture, attempt to make mans faith the cause of being kept, and so once a man looses faith, he is no longer kept ! What high handed mutiny against the Power of God !

Peter plainly sets forth that those born again are Kept by the Power of God through Faith, that is Faith is a product of the Power of God and it is being sustained by the Power of God. This is the same power by which one believes in the First place. The word power is the greek word dynamis and means:

strength power, ability

a) inherent power, power residing in a thing by virtue of its nature, or which a person or thing exerts and puts forth

b) power for performing miracles

c) moral power and excellence of soul

d) the power and influence which belong to riches and wealth

e) power and resources arising from numbers

f) power consisting in or resting upon armies, forces, hosts

Now we are speaking of Almighty God's Strength, Power and Ability here.

Now the same word Paul uses when saying that we believe according to the working of His Power, Eph 1:19

19And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,

So believing is a result of God's Strength being exerted, His Power. So the believer is kept a believer, no fear of apostasy, by the very Power of God.

Thats why it was written centuries before regarding the Blessings of the New Covenant Jer 32:40

And I will make an everlasting covenant with them, that I will not turn away from them, to do them good; but I will put my fear in their hearts, that they shall not depart from me.

You see that is what a believer is, a recipient of the New Covenant Blessings conferred upon them as a result of the Death of Christ.

That Power of God keeps the Believer in Faith. The preposition dia also means with or in !

So the phrase could read 1Pet 1:5

5Who are kept by the power of God in or with faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

The believer is kept by the power of God in Faith !

God's Power keeps them in the Place of Faith or God's Power Keeps them with a supply of Faith.

The Point being, The cause of being kept through Faith is God's Power ! And the Faith is not the cause of being kept by God's Power as those who wrest God's word would tell us.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-09-2011, 08:49 AM

Angry Eternal Security of the Believer is a Satanic Teaching.

It is not surprising that the opinions stated above which so astonishingly contradict Bible teaching, (Hebrews 10:26-27
26 No sacrifices can be made for people who decide to sin after they find out about the truth. 27 They are God's enemies, and all they can look forward to is a terrible judgment and a furious fire) are becoming so frequently sold to the unbiblical since we are now in the end time, rapidly moving toward the Kingdom Age during which time Jesus will establish His 1,000 year kingdom on earth.

Satan will be so successful convincing the chosen for Christ's kingdom that they have been awarded an eternal rather than a "pending final approval" salvation that many will rebel against the rule of Christ and attempt to overthrow His kingdom with military force as the following verses describe:

REVELATION 2O:7-9 (Contemporary English Version)

7 At the end of the thousand years, Satan will be set free.(FROM HELL) 8 He will fool the countries of Gog and Magog,(THESE TWO WORDS MAKE UP A HEBREW TERM WHICH IN ENGLISH ROUGHLY MEANS "MULTITUDE AND MAGNITUDE" WHICH INDICATES THAT SATAN WILL HAVE THE POWER TO DECEIVE PEOPLE IN ALL AREAS IN A SEARCH TO FIND NEW RECRUITS FOR HIS KINGDOM) which are at the far ends of the earth, and their people will follow him into battle.(AGAINST JESUS) They (THE SATANIC TEACHING ) will have as many followers as there are grains of sand along the beach, 9 and they will march all the way across the earth. They will surround the camp of God's people and the city that His people love.(JERUSALEM) But fire (THIS COULD BE A FRIGHTENING LIGHTNING STORM THAT STARTS NUMEROUS FIRES) will come down from heaven and destroy the army.

Well so much for the once saved! Hopefully the truly satanic nature of the "once saved always saved" deceit campaign can now be easily understood.Satan will continue to peddle it to spiritually stupefied minions and due to their persuasive authority they will be able to convince billions of those who have been saved that they can not lose their salvation no matter what they do, even if they join an army to launch a military attack on Jerusalem.

The Christian faith has not been designed to create success or find pleasure in or even tolerate this world but rather to OVERCOME it!
Old 07-09-2011, 09:44 AM

Default Re: Eternal Security of the Believer !

Hebrews 10:26,27
There remaineth no more sacrifice for sins - because Jesus Christ was/is the final, total sacrifice. The sacrifice for sins has been made. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:9

"for judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries" This is in regard to the devil, the third of the angels that followed him and those that had not chosen God and our Lord Jesus Christ as their saviour.
And they, (Satan and his cohorts) went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them (Satan and his cohorts).Revelation 20:9

1 Peter 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible seed by the word of God, which liveth and abideth forever.
Old 07-09-2011, 12:19 PM
Suspended for Review

df:

Quote:
It is not surprising that the opinions stated above which so astonishingly contradict Bible teaching,
So are you contradicting the Power of God ? Thats what it seems to me.
Old 07-10-2011, 06:57 AM
Suspended for Review

I showed earlier that the ones being kept by the Power of God through Faith in 1 Pet 1:5 are the same ones that had been begotten again by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead 1 Pet 1:3

3Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

I shared that this same word begotten is also used in this same chapter of 1 Pet in vs 23

23Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

This New Person has been born out of incorruptible seed, the word of God. This is the Person who believes in Christ, and this person,born of incorruptible seed, The Logos of God. This Person cannot sin according to John. 1 Jn 3:9

9Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Now John says He that is born of God doth not commit sin ! This being born is the same word used in 1 Pet 1:3, 23 and here in 1 Jn 3:9 its in the perfect tense, meaning having once and for all in the past been born of God, never to be repeated again and its efficacy is into the present. This birth cannot terminate, for it's of an incorruptible seed that cannot die.

Also 1 Jn 5:18

We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

Its the same word born, begotten. The born again one Keepteth Himself as well. He sinneth not, nor does the wicked one toucheth him.

As stated in 1 Jn 3:9, God's seed remains in the born again one and so he cannot sin. He can never be lost.

Remember,the one being said that cannot loose their salvation has been born out of incorruptible seed. Thats saying a Good Tree cannot bring forth corrupt fruit Matt 7:

17Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

18A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
Old 07-11-2011, 07:01 PM
Suspended for Review

Default 1 Cor 2:5 collaborates 1 Pet 1:5

That Power of God keeps the Believer in Faith. The preposition dia also means with or in !

So the phrase could read 1Pet 1:5

5Who are kept by the power of God in or with faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

The believer is kept by the power of God in Faith !

God's Power keeps them in the Place of Faith or God's Power Keeps them with a supply of Faith.

The Point being, The cause of being kept through Faith is God's Power !

God's Power which is the Holy Ghost, produces the Faith. This is seen also in 1 Cor 2:5,4

5That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

So Faith is produced [fruit] in the Heart by the Power of thew Holy Spirit !

Paul depended upon the Power of the Holy Spirit to make the Gospel message clear to them vs 4

And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:

So Faith resulted as a by product of the Spirit's Power in them.

So Faith in Christ and the Doctrines of His Gospel does not depend on persuasive speech and mens ability, but upon the Power of God.

Remember how Paul warned the gentiles to not become High Minded, because they stand by Faith ? Rom 11:20

Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:

That statement there should warn us that Faith is not of ourselves, but something God produces in us, so why be High Minded about it, as if it is something we do of ourselves ? Its of the Power of God. Paul goes on to say that standing is by God's ability Rom 14:4

4Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.

Thats right, God is able to make us stand by Faith as in Rom 11:20

And, So the saved are kept by the Power of God through Faith. Faith stands because of God's ability or Power !

I don't think it can be made more clearer That God's Power[The Holy Spirit] keeps the believer in Faith...

BTW, those of us who believe we stand by Faith and that Faith is of ourselves, then we are guilty of being High Minded, that which paul warned the gentile believers of in Rom 11:20, That word Highminded means to be proud !
Old 07-15-2011, 06:47 AM
Suspended for Review

Default Christ Himself will confirm believer until the End !

Another reason for Eternal Security of the Believer, is because Christ Himself will confirm His Sheep until the end or His coming. This is especially a great blessing to those believers living right before He comes at the end of the tribulation, where it says that he that endureth unto the end, the same shall be saved. Matt 24:13-14

13But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

14And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Now look at 1 Cor 1:6-8

6Even as the testimony of Christ was confirmed in you:

7So that ye come behind in no gift; waiting for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ:

8Who shall also confirm you unto the end, that ye may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.

The word end here is the greek word telos and means:
end

a) termination, the limit at which a thing ceases to be (always of the end of some act or state, but not of the end of a period of time)

b) the end

Same word used in Matt 24: 13-14

Now in the 1 Cor 1:8 verse " who shall also confirm you unto the end, this is a future tense indicative.meaning it will occur. Now who is doing the confirming unto the end ? Its Christ, so if it doesn't happen as it is stated, Christ will have Failed. It is His responsibility to see to it.
Old 07-16-2011, 08:02 AM
CatholicCrusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
That True Believers can loose their Salvation is one of the most God and Christ dishonoring doctrines that a man can utter........
Some people promote a very attractive idea: All true Christians, regardless of how they live, have an absolute assurance of salvation, once they accept Jesus into their hearts as "their personal Lord and Savior." The problem is that this belief is contrary to the Bible & constant Christian teaching.

Recall this Scripture: "If we have died with him [in baptism; see Rom. 6:3-4] we shall also live with him; if we persevere we shall also reign with him" (2 Tim. 2:11-12). So, if we do NOT persevere, we shall NOT reign with him. In other words, Christians can forfeit heaven. Jesus tells us, "He who endures to the end will be saved" (Matt. 24:13; cf. 25:31-46). Ergo, if you do not endure to the end, well........

The Bible makes it clear that Christians have a moral assurance of salvation (God will be true to his word and will grant salvation to those who have faith in Christ and are obedient to him [1 John 3:19-24]), but the Bible does NOT teach that Christians have a guarantee of heaven. There can be no absolute assurance of salvation. The Bible says, "See, then, the kindness and severity of God: severity toward those who fell, but God's kindness to you, provided you remain in his kindness, otherwise you too will be cut off" (Rom. 11:22-23; Matt. 18:21-35, 1 Cor. 15:1-2, 2 Pet. 2:20-21).

Note that this includes an important condition: "provided you remain in his kindness." It is saying that Christians can lose their salvation by throwing it away. He warns, "Whoever thinks he is standing secure should take care not to fall" (1 Cor. 10:11-12). , Paul admitted that even he could fall away: "I pummel my body and subdue it, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified" (1 Cor. 9:27). In saying this he points out that even he cannot be infallibly sure of his own present state or of his future salvation.

As a Catholic, when someone asks me if I have been "saved," I answer: "I am redeemed by the blood of Christ, I trust in him alone for my salvation, and, as the Bible teaches, I am working out my salvation in fear and trembling (Phil. 2:12), knowing that it is God's gift of grace that is working in me."
Old 07-19-2011, 07:08 PM
Suspended for Review

Its an attack upon the Redemptive work of Christ !

Those who deny the Eternal Security of the Believer in Jesus, not only deny the very Power of God that guards them unto that eternal inheritance that is truly theirs 1 Pet 1:4-5

4To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,

5Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

They also attack the Perfection of the Redeeming work of Christ, for each He redeemed by His blood.

Scripture says that they have been redeemed by the precious blood of the Lamb from a vain conversation, that is, a worthies manner of life of Idolatry. 1 Pet 1:18-19

18Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;

19But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

That word from in vs 18 is the prep ek and means:

out of, from, by, away from

The blood of Christ redeems the sinner out of or away from a vain manner of Life.

The word redeemed in vs 18 is the greek word lytroō and means:

to release on receipt of ransom

2) to redeem, liberate by payment of ransom

a) to liberate

b) to cause to be released to one's self by payment of a ransom

Notice " To cause to be released to one's self. Christ by his Blood caused the release of those He died for, unto Himself, He redeemed them unto His self, He caused it. How ? By His blood.

That thought is more explicitly conveyed here Titus 2:14

14Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

Also this Redemption is Eternal as stated in Heb 9:12

Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

There is absolutely no end to the redeeming effects of the Blood of Christ for His People He died for.

Now, to those who deny and reject this Truth, you deny and reject the Perfection of the Redemptive work of Christ, which is nothing short of Blasphemy !