Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Theology  > Ye must be born again !

Old 06-24-2011, 05:31 AM
Suspended for Review

Default Ye must be born again !

John 3:7

Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

When Jesus told Nicodemus that except a man be born again he cannot see [perceive] the Kingdom of God as per vs 3

Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

In essence, what Jesus meant, except ye are of that seed in Me, by being Chosen in Him before the foundation of the World [Eph 1:4] ye cannot see or understand the Kingdom of God, which is to include it's Gospel, The Gospel of the Kingdom or of the Kingdom of God. Matt 24:14

And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Mark 1:14

Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,

Which are also the Kingdom Mysteries Luke 8:10

And he said, Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God: but to others in parables; that seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not understand.

Now, even though Jesus was giving a condition " except ye be born again ", yet He was not giving a imperative or duty for one to perform to become born again; because there is nothing a person can do to be born; even if it was for us to go back into our mothers womb, [ which its not] how could we accomplish that ? Could we make ourselves fetuses again ? Would that be in our ability ?

But nevertheless, Christ meant what He said in stating that 'Ye must be born Again " !
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-24-2011, 10:30 AM

Lightbulb How to become born again

It is necessary to print the verses that proceed John 3:7 to understand how to become born again.Two baptisms are required,water and Holy Spirit.

John 3:3-6
Contemporary English Version

3Jesus replied, "I tell you for certain that you must be born from above before you can see God's kingdom!"

4Nicodemus asked, "How can a grown man ever be born a second time?"

5Jesus answered:

I tell you for certain that before you can get into God's kingdom, you must be born not only by water, but by the Spirit. 6Humans give life to their children. Yet only God's Spirit can change you into a child of God.

The Christian faith has not been designed to create success or find pleasure in or even tolerate this world but rather to OVERCOME it!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-24-2011, 02:57 PM
Minister & Knight

Default Re: Ye must be born again !

Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post

When Jesus told Nicodemus that except a man be born again he cannot see [perceive] the Kingdom of God as per vs 3

Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

In essence, what Jesus meant, except ye are of that seed in Me, by being Chosen in Him before the foundation of the World [Eph 1:4] ye cannot see or understand the Kingdom of God, which is to include it's Gospel, The Gospel of the Kingdom or of the Kingdom of God. Matt 24:14

And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,

And he said, Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God: but to others in parables; that seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not understand.

Now, even though Jesus was giving a condition " except ye be born again ", yet He was not giving a imperative or duty for one to perform to become born again; because there is nothing a person can do to be born; even if it was for us to go back into our mothers womb, [ which its not] how could we accomplish that ? Could we make ourselves fetuses again ? Would that be in our ability ?

But nevertheless, Christ meant what He said in stating that 'Ye must be born Again " !
Well there is something that must be done by us in order to be born again.

I Peter 1: 22-25

22Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:

The first point in verse 22 it says that " ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the spirit".

In order for us to purify our souls require and action by us in being obedient to the spirit. You can not be born again, and be disobedient. You must submit in obedience to be born again.

23Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

The world of God is the testimony of Jesus Christ, which tells us me must be mindful of whom we obey, for our master is whom we obey, either it is obedience to God, or walking after the fleshly nature.

If we are now obedient to God, we are born again of and incorruptible seed, by the power of God, which is his word, which lives in those that are obedient continually.

24For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away:

If we glory in the flesh, understand that the flesh will pass as everything else that is in this physical carnal world, but it is the spirit that live for ever, when our lives in spirit is hid in Christ.

25But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

The Gospel is Christ in you.

Colossians 1:27
To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

If Christ be in you, then the Kingdom of God, be also in you.

Luke 17: 20-21

20And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:

21Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

If the Kingdom of God is in us, then we also must be lead by the spirit, which then we are also sons of God.

Romans 8:14
For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Last edited by Israel : 06-24-2011 at 03:00 PM.
Old 06-24-2011, 11:50 PM
Suspended for Review

israel:

Quote:
lol, I stopped reading right there, because I know anyone who would make such a statement shows a lack of understanding of this subject.
Old 06-25-2011, 08:32 AM
Suspended for Review

Quote:

Perhaps, ummmm, coming to the cross wholeheartedly recognizing your/my sin and it's full absolute soul destroying consequences that was nailed to the cross in Jesus.

As his blood flows over you.

Being born of water from incisive tears (mixed with that pure holy blood) from that recognition putting your heart in the heart of Jesus on that cross.
Allowing the spirit to enter you from dying of the flesh in that moment in Christ on that cross.
Being born (again) of that spirit that is eternal in the risen Christ.

A babe in Christ. Suckled from then on by the Spirit.

Just words I know. No real meat behind them.
Ye must be born again!
Sigh!
Old 06-25-2011, 08:39 AM
Suspended for Review

Quote:
israel:

lol, I stopped reading right there, because I know anyone who would make such a statement shows a lack of understanding of this subject.
You found no value in anything from then on?
I found it worth a read and a pretty good understanding.
Quite a bit of spirit in the post.
C'mon give it a read.
I look forward to more of your postings and the spirit behind them.
Old 06-26-2011, 10:08 AM
Suspended for Review

To be born, one must first be in something, in order to be born out of it.

Peter said 1 Pet 1:

23Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

The word of here is the greek word ek and it means:

out of, from, by, away from

This denotes that being born is out of a seed ! Those who are born physically out of Adam, the corruptible seed, they were in Adam from the beginning of creation. Their physical lives were included in the them . Gen 1:27

So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Gen 5:2

Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.

When Adam was first created he had created within him his wife and his offspring that he was to bring forth, this we know because God said to him after He created him Gen 1:27-28

27So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

28And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it:

Adam had a seed to bring forth of his kind as all living creatures did.

We know God had given them a seed from these words Gen 3:15

15And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her [Eve] seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Of course Eve's seed was Adam's seed.

Gen 4:25

25And Adam knew his wife again; and she bare a son, and called his name Seth: For God, said she, hath appointed me another seed instead of Abel, whom Cain slew.

Now hopefully we see the concept of being born entails first having a existence in a seed. Unfortunately being of ones seed is not determined by the offspring.

For instance, Levi did not determine himself to be of the seed of Abraham, to be in Abraham's loins as here Heb 7:9-10

9And as I may so say, Levi also, who receiveth tithes, payed tithes in Abraham.

10For he was yet in the loins of his father, when Melchisedec met him.

Who determined that Levi was of the seed of Abraham ?
Old 06-27-2011, 10:54 AM
Suspended for Review

Regeneration and being born again !

I find it to be no better time to include in this thread the Truth of regeneration while witnessing to the need of being born again. The truth of the matter is this, in order to be born again, one must first be regenerated. I know many think they are the exact same thing, but they are not, however they are related or connected to one another. Only those being regenerated by their Union with Christ shall be born from above . Now understand this, Regeneration is corporate or collective, and occurred all at once for the entire body of Christ or seed together, by virtue of their union with the risen Christ.

The New Birth is Individual and occurs to each of the regenerated appointed time by God. Ecclesiastes 3:1-2

1To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:

2A time to be born, and a time to die

This applies equally to spiritually being born. The word born here is the hebrew word yalad and means:

to bear, bring forth, beget, gender, travail

to beget

The word is used in Isa 66:8

8Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? or shall a nation be born at once? for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children.

Each of the regenerated shall be brought forth in their New Birth. Remember when James wrote James 1:18

18Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

The word beget here means to bring forth, James here is describing the New Birth of those who had been regenerated. The word of Truth, which is the Gospel brings this New Birth to light or to manifestation.

Again, Regeneration is corporate, its the sum total of every member of Christ seed, having been in Him when died, was buried, and risen again, they rose together with Him, that was their regeneration from the dead as well, and their being seated together with Him in the Heavenlies [above]. You see when Christ laid down His Life for the Sheep, the Life of the church was laid also [ 2 Cor 5:14], and when He took it again and rose from the dead [Jn 10:17], it was a reproduction or regeneration. Isa 26:19

19 Thy dead men shall live, together with my dead body shall they arise. Awake and sing, ye that dwell in dust: for thy dew is as the dew of herbs, and the earth shall cast out the dead.

This is the describing in prophecy, the regeneration of Christ [after death] and His Church in Union with Him see [ Eph 2:6] !
Old 06-28-2011, 07:42 AM
Minister & Knight

Quote:
israel:

Now, that is a direct statement towards me, which I am fine with, but what kind of spirit is that, which you have spoken with towards me.

For the scripture says the following:j

I Peter 1: 22-25

22Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:

Now it is not I that say you have to do something but it is the scripture.

What does, "ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth mean?

Doesn't it imply that "ye", "you" can purify (clean), your (you) own souls by you obeying the truth.

If you obey something is not that something that you have to do? If it doesn't mean that, then what does it mean?

But I guess I lack knowledge in that question also.

Romans 12: 1-2

1I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

2And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Doesn't these verses above state that you must present your bodies a living sacrifice? It doesn't tell anybody else to do that, but it tells you to do that. Maybe my eyes are not good, but it also says that presenting your body a living sacrifice is your reasonable service.

When you service something you are doing something.

It also goes into saying in verse 2 that by you not conforming to this world, but by being transformed by the renewing of your mind that "you", "ye" may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect will of God.

If you prove something, then is not that also something that you do, being that if you are the body of Christ, through Christ living in you, being also one with God?

1 John 2:29
If ye know that he is righteous, ye know that every one that doeth righteousness is born of him.

Again this verse above implies that you must do righteous, which therefore certifies that you are born of God.

1 John 3:7
Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

If one keeps believe that he has nothing to do to enter into the Kingdom, and to be a child of God, he is the one that lack not only knowledge, but wisdom, and understanding.

1 John 3:10
In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

Again we see that being a child of and/or son of God through Christ, One has something to do.

Now I hope you read all of what I have presented, before you comment, and please answer how these scriptures provided, do not indicate that there is something for those that will be the body of Christ to do.

Lets not attack each other, but let us reason together as we are commanded to.

Grace and Peace.

Last edited by Israel : 06-28-2011 at 08:06 AM.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:43 AM
Suspended for Review

Define word regeneration !

In coming to a biblical understanding of the word regeneration, we shall define the word. Its used only Twice in the NT :

Matt 19:28

And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Titus 3:5

Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

The word in the greek is the feminine noun paliggenesia:

) new birth, reproduction, renewal, recreation, regeneration

a) hence renovation, regeneration, the production of a new life consecrated to God, a radical change of mind for the better. The word often used to denote the restoration of a thing to its pristine state, its renovation, as a renewal or restoration of life after death

Its made up of two greek words palin which means:

anew, again

a) renewal or repetition of the action

b) again, anew

And the word genesis which means:

source, origin

a) a book of one's lineage, i.e. in which his ancestry or progeny are enumerated

2) used of birth, nativity

3) of that which follows origin, viz. existence, life

It also means generation as in Matt 1:1

1The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham.

So the word can mean a New Generation, A new beginning, A New existence, or origin, A New source, a New reproduction.

Again, the New Birth is a outcome of this Regeneration.

One of the definitions of regeneration is :

a renewal or restoration of life after death

This Our Lord experienced, in His resurrection.

Acts 3:15

And killed the Prince of life, whom God hath raised from the dead; whereof we are witnesses.

Acts 13:34

And as concerning that he raised him up from the dead, now no more to return to corruption, he said on this wise, I will give you the sure mercies of David.

Rom 6:9-10

9Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.

10For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.

I could multiply scriptures, but the point is to show that in the sense of restoration of life after death, Christ experienced a regeneration.

I believe this is what He meant in Matt 19:28, when He says in the regeneration when the Son of Man shall sit on the Throne of His Glory.

When did this occur if not after His resurrection ? Scripture plainly intimates that after His suffering, His death and resurrection, He shall enter into His Glory. Lk 24:26,20

26Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory?

Suffer what things ? see vs 20

20And how the chief priests and our rulers delivered him to be condemned to death, and have crucified him.

When He rose from the Dead He became Lord of both the dead and the Living Rom 14:9

For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living.

This word revive means the same as regeneration, a restoration of life after death.

After Christ's humiliating death, and His resurrection, He entered into His Mediatorial Glory as both Lord and Christ Acts 2:36

Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made the same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

He was invested with [from the Father] all power in both Heaven and Earth Matt 28:19

And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

If these things were not entering into His Throne of Glory as stated in Matt 19:28, I don't know what is ?

And if so, thats the regeneration He spake of.

Now one more thing about the Matt 19:28, in the original there is no punctuation, that is the translators supply them as they deem it best to their Judgment. In light of that, there should have been a period after the words followed me instead of the comma.

And so it would read Matt 19:28

28And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me. In the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Jesus was specifically telling His Disciples, the ones who followed Him, the Twelve, that they would be Co Rulers with Him in the Spread of His Gospel Kingdom throughout the Earth. Perhaps what Jesus had in mind was this what He spake unto them earlier in Matt 16:17-19

17And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

18And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

19And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

This I believe is a direct fulfillment of Isa 32:1

1Behold, a king[Jesus Christ] shall reign in righteousness, and princes[The Twelve] shall rule in judgment.

Now the main point hitherto is that Jesus Christ resurrection from the dead, is a regeneration and entering into His Glory !