True2Ourselves
Already a member? login
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
  
+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Theology  > Where does Saving Faith come from ?

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-16-2011, 06:39 AM
Suspended for Review
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 419
Default Where does Saving Faith come from ?

When I say saving Faith, I do not mean to imply that Faith is the cause of one getting saved as in being saved from the penalty of ones sins because of it, but simply that Faith which accompanies salvation. heb 6:

9But, beloved, we are persuaded better things of you, and things that accompany salvation, though we thus speak.

This is a extremely important matter, in that many misguided souls have made Idol out of Faith, and render it, what rightfully belongs to the Lord Jesus Christ. One of the main verses of scripture that gives many a huge problem is eph 2:

8For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Wherein so many have used this verse and forced upon it to teach that one is saved [from the penalty of sin] because of their Faith.

But the verse is teaching no such thing, in fact it teaches just what the rest of the scripture teaches, and that is one is saved by Grace acts 15:

11But we believe that through the grace of the LORD Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.

eph 2:

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved )

However in being saved by the Sovereign Grace of God, we are then given to believe through Grace, that is by means of the Grace we are being saved by. acts 18:

27And when he was disposed to pass into Achaia, the brethren wrote, exhorting the disciples to receive him: who, when he was come, helped them much which had believed through grace:

The word dia is the same prep used here as in eph 2 8..and so this explains what eph 2 8 means, we that are saved believe through Grace, so Faith or believing is by Grace, for Faith and Grace are the Gift of God..

rom 5:15

But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-16-2011, 08:16 AM
Giuliano
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Where does Saving Faith come from ?

Why would this concern you? If you're one of the elect, God will take care of everything. If He wants you to have faith, He'll give it to you.

What good does it do for us to discuss this? If we're not the elect, knowing your views (even if true) won't help us. If we are elect, God will take of it, so we wouldn't need you to tell us about it.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-16-2011, 08:30 AM
DrFrank's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 426
Lightbulb Where does Saving Faith come from ? The Bible

This article certainly is encouraging to " ye of little faith" but it contradicts Jesus' teachings.In fact He greatly praised and rewarded faith as even the earliest verses in the New Testament show.

Matthew 9:2 (New King James Version)

Then behold, they brought to Him a paralytic lying on a bed. When Jesus saw their FAITH, He said to the paralytic, “Son, be of good cheer; your sins are forgiven you.”

Matthew 9:29 (New King James Version)

Then He touched their eyes, saying, “According to your FAITH let it be to you.”

The very earliest verses in the New Testament also show Jesus condemning those who have a lack faith with truly startling language.

Matthew 17:17 (New Living Translation)

Jesus said, “You FAITHLESS and corrupt people! How long must I be with you? How long must I put up with you? Bring the boy here to me.”

The primary importance of faith comes from the absolutely essential role it plays in the salvation process.Jesus taught that no one will be granted salvation unless they first receive the Baptism of the Holy Spirit.

John 3:3-7 (New Living Translation)

3 Jesus replied, “I tell you the truth, unless you are born again,you cannot see the Kingdom of God.”

4 “What do you mean?” exclaimed Nicodemus. “How can an old man go back into his mother’s womb and be born again?”

5 Jesus replied, “I assure you, no one can enter the Kingdom of God without being born of water and the Holy Spirit. 6 Humans can reproduce only human life, but the Holy Spirit gives birth to spiritual life. 7 So don’t be surprised when I say, ‘You must be born again.’

Since I had to pray for five (5) years to receive the salvation experience I have through the years tried to figure out why many receive the Baptism of the Holy Spirit much sooner and sometimes at a very young age.My observations have led me to this answer:

Luke 7:50 (New King James Version)

50 Then He said to the woman, “Your faith(which activates His grace) has saved you. Go in peace.”
__________________


The Christian faith has not been designed to create success or find pleasure in or even tolerate this world but rather to OVERCOME it!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-16-2011, 08:43 AM
Suspended for Review
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 6,856
Default Re: Where does Saving Faith come from ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giuliano View Post
Why would this concern you? If you're one of the elect, God will take care of everything. If He wants you to have faith, He'll give it to you.

What good does it do for us to discuss this? If we're not the elect, knowing your views (even if true) won't help us. If we are elect, God will take of it, so we wouldn't need you to tell us about it.
Ahhhh that is because he does care.
The man has a good heart.
Sorry I was fooled for a moment. It is not his heart but Gods.
By the grace of God.
He never even thought of a word he had written. Nor was it his will to write it.

Last edited by CinderAsh : 04-16-2011 at 08:48 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-16-2011, 09:13 AM
Josiah
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Where does Saving Faith come from ?

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God.

IMO, the answer is God.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-16-2011, 11:11 AM
Giuliano
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Where does Saving Faith come from ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinderAsh View Post
Ahhhh that is because he does care.
The man has a good heart.
Sorry I was fooled for a moment. It is not his heart but Gods.
By the grace of God.
He never even thought of a word he had written. Nor was it his will to write it.
Doubtlessly his heart is good if he's elect! Of course!

I found the idea of free will confusing; and just when I thought I was getting a handle on that, I'm told there's no such thing. Now I'm really getting boggled.

What are we doing here? If everything's already decided, why doesn't God zip all the elect to Heaven now? Why force them to associate with the riff-raff? Why put them in bodies that will get sick and eventually die? Why go through all these steps? So once the elect get to Heaven they're grateful that God solved the problems He created? For them . . . not for everyone?

What is the meaning of life? If we're robots, I guess it doesn't have any?

I wonder if my will was involved in typing this post? Maybe not. If he can type without free will, maybe I can too. Maybe life's an illusion. Maybe none of this is even real?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-16-2011, 06:35 PM
Suspended for Review
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 6,856
Default Re: Where does Saving Faith come from ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giuliano View Post
Doubtlessly his heart is good if he's elect! Of course!

I found the idea of free will confusing; and just when I thought I was getting a handle on that, I'm told there's no such thing. Now I'm really getting boggled.

What are we doing here? If everything's already decided, why doesn't God zip all the elect to Heaven now? Why force them to associate with the riff-raff? Why put them in bodies that will get sick and eventually die? Why go through all these steps? So once the elect get to Heaven they're grateful that God solved the problems He created? For them . . . not for everyone?

What is the meaning of life? If we're robots, I guess it doesn't have any?

I wonder if my will was involved in typing this post? Maybe not. If he can type without free will, maybe I can too. Maybe life's an illusion. Maybe none of this is even real?
God just likes seeing tears in eyes!
Perhaps this is the true image of God!
He had a good go at it for 40 days and 40 nights.
Then the rainbow broke through. A covenant. Saving Faith!
I think Jesus was known to cry as well.
Then up on the cross. Broke through. Another covenant. Saving Faith!
Grace comes from tears?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-16-2011, 06:47 PM
Suspended for Review
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 419
Default Re: Where does Saving Faith come from ?

The word dia is the same prep used here as in eph 2 8..and so this explains what eph 2 8 means, we that are saved believe through Grace, so Faith or believing is by Grace, for Faith and Grace are the Gift of God..

rom 5:15

But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.

Now with this in mind,we will show the error in how now present day professors have misused this precious gift of Faith by the Holy Ghost of God, and set forth scripturally it's God Honoring origin.

The first thing that needs to be pointed out about this Faith, is that it is not given to all men without exception 2 thess 3:

2And that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men: for all men have not faith.

So all men do not have it, but its given exclusively to God's elect titus 1:

1Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;

And so God gives the Faith, and so the Triune God is involved, the Father, The Son, The Holy Ghost, who each in their several roles carry out the Eternal Purpose of God, and without this God given Faith,its impossible to draw near to God in believing..

Faith or believing in regards to salvation is the effect of the Power of God, the same Holy Ghost Power that raised Jesus Christ from the Dead, this is seen in a couple of scriptures #1. eph 1:


18The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,

19And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,

20Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead
, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,

Paul says who believe according to the working of His Mighty Power, so what can be more plainer ?

Believing in Christ or His Gospel takes the destruction of the power of the devil, the God of this world, from over ones Life, for it [ unbelief] is a work of the devil that hides and blinds men by nature from the Glory of the Gospel, and keeps them in unbelief or to believe not 2 cor 4:

3But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

4In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

People do not believe because they are in a lost state, under the dominion of satan, and so , nothing short of God's effective operating energy or power, in destroying the works of the devil can cause one to believe. So we believe according to the working of His Mighty Power, not because of freewill or choice.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-17-2011, 12:48 AM
Giuliano
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Where does Saving Faith come from ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinderAsh View Post
God just likes seeing tears in eyes!
Perhaps this is the true image of God!
He had a good go at it for 40 days and 40 nights.
Then the rainbow broke through. A covenant. Saving Faith!
I think Jesus was known to cry as well.
Then up on the cross. Broke through. Another covenant. Saving Faith!
Grace comes from tears?
Sounds like some parents I know who just love it when their children get into trouble and need them. The kids come home crying to Mommy and Daddy who then feel wonderful about the whole thing because they feel needed.

Maybe God even likes it when we sin so He can forgive us?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-17-2011, 12:57 AM
Giuliano
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Where does Saving Faith come from ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
People do not believe because they are in a lost state, under the dominion of satan, and so , nothing short of God's effective operating energy or power, in destroying the works of the devil can cause one to believe. So we believe according to the working of His Mighty Power, not because of freewill or choice.
You say we can't do anything about being in a lost state, so why talk to us about it? If you have any complaints, you got the wrong party -- you should take this up with God who is responsible.

Nothing you say or do can change things. Your words mean nothing because they can change nothing.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Salvation- Faith alone or faith plus works? Gideon General Discussions 48 10-19-2010 06:02 PM
How Much Faith ? Lachlan09 General Discussions 8 11-08-2009 12:34 AM
Faith in God. colin Theology 2 08-02-2009 12:29 AM
God has faith in me shawne Testimonials 7 03-24-2009 09:56 AM
Let us keep the faith Israel General Discussions 2 03-13-2009 10:20 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:17 PM.


true2ourselves
 
 
 

Flashcoms

You need to upgrade your Flash Player.

Version 8 or higher is required.

download from http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29