Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Theology  > Where does Saving Faith come from ?

Old 04-17-2011, 05:03 AM
Suspended for Review

Default Re: Where does Saving Faith come from ?

giul:

Quote:
Your words mean nothing because they can change nothing.
They mean something to God, for they are a witness to His Truth.. Matt 24:

14And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-17-2011, 07:22 AM
Giuliano

Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
giul:

They mean something to God, for they are a witness to His Truth.. Matt 24:

14And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
It still means nothing since the outcome can't be changed.

If you think God wants you to preach the gospel to people who can't be saved, that's fine. It surely doesn't matter to me!

You say it means something to God? Fine, let Him spread the Gospel then to the people He wants to hear. Why does He need the help of humans?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-17-2011, 04:07 PM
Suspended for Review

Quote:
It still means nothing
It means nothing to you, but it does to God.. Matt 24:

Old 04-17-2011, 06:18 PM
Giuliano

Witness away then. I'm sure you can't help yourself.

I wonder though if you're going to get a reward? I mean, if you're not responsible for your own actions, is it fair to get a reward?

Me? I feel an irresistible urge to go jump rope while singing, "Lou, Lou, skip to my Lou."

Last edited by Giuliano : 04-17-2011 at 06:22 PM.
Old 04-17-2011, 06:28 PM
Suspended for Review

Those of us who have been given Faith, which again, is the Faith of God's elect to the acknowledging of the Truth, as it is in Christ Jesus, we are in a permanent state of believing, being kept therein by the Power of God 1 pet 1:

5Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

Both the Individual and the Faith are being kept by the power of God.

The word kept is the greek word phroureo:

to guard, protect by a military guard, either to prevent hostile invasion, or to keep the inhabitants of a besieged city from flight

metaph.

under the control of the Mosaic law, that he might not escape from its power

to protect by guarding, to keep

by watching and guarding to preserve one for the attainment of something

I believe the Power of God is Christ Himself 1 cor 1:24

But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

We are said to be preserved in Christ Jesus Jude 1:1

Jude, the servant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James, to them that are sanctified by God the Father, and preserved in Jesus Christ, and called:

Now the word for preserved here is the greek word tēreō:

to attend to carefully, take care of

a) to guard

b) metaph. to keep, one in the state in which he is

c) to observe

d) to reserve: to undergo something

And the word is in the perfect Tense meaning this is a once and for all completed act in the past, with results into the present.

Jesus Christ will keep His Sheep in Faith by His Power. Remember when He was yet on earth and peter faith was sorely tried, Jesus said:

lk 22:32

But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.

Now that He is the Glorified Christ with all power in His Hand, He keeps His Sheep by His Power.

For He is the author and Finisher of our Faith. He caused it. Heb 12:

2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

This word author is the greek word archēgos:

the chief leader, prince

a) of Christ

2) one that takes the lead in any thing and thus affords an example, a predecessor in a matter, pioneer

3) the author

Jesus is a predecessor of our Faith, which is a progenitor. He has a seed, or descendants, so He causes others to be of Faith as His example displayed. He makes people of Faith.

Remember He says of His Trust and that the Children [ progeny] He has been given will to Heb 2:

13 And again, I [Christ] will put my trust in him[God]. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me.

So He is the Author and Finisher[perfecter] of our Faith
Old 04-18-2011, 05:43 AM
Giuliano

Quote:
Those of us who have been given Faith,
Luke 18:11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
Old 04-22-2011, 08:35 AM
Suspended for Review

Faith is a gift to the Heirs of Promise of God's Everlasting Covenant Heb 13:

20Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,

21Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

The Lord Jesus Christ, the shepherd of the sheep [jn 10] because of His blood of the everlasting covenant, also known as the new covenant or testament, ensures that a spiritual inward work will take place in each heir or sheep, a spiritual work that will perfect them in every good work [eph 2:10] for the doing of His will, doing in them that which is wellpleasing in His sight, which is believing Faith, for this is a product of His activity..

Now notice the word wellpleasing in vs 21, its the greek word euarestos:

well pleasing, acceptable

Now, its the root word for please as in Heb 11:

6But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

The word please is the greek word euaresteō

to be well pleasing

2) to be well pleased with a thing

So it should be easy to see that the Faith that pleases God in Heb 11 6 is a fruit or effect of the blood of the everlasting covenant which works that which is wellpleasing in the sheep.

Thats why the Shepherd can say of His Sheep, they here His voice, and they believe on Him Jn 10:

27My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

The hearing hear is the Hearing of Faith rom 10:17 & gal 3:2,5

Jesus said to those Jews not believing on Him Jn 10:

26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

What can be more obvious as to why they did not believe ? They partook not of the blood of the verlasting covenant shed by the Shepherd of the Sheep..
Old 04-26-2011, 11:18 AM
Suspended for Review

Something to know about God given Faith !

Heb 11:

1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.kjv

1Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of(A) things not seen.esv

1 Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see. niv

1NOW FAITH is the assurance (the confirmation, [a]the title deed) of the things [we] hope for, being the proof of things [we] do not see and the conviction of their reality [faith perceiving as real fact what is not revealed to the senses].amp

Now, Faith makes the promises of God a reality to the mind, based upon what God has said, because its a reality to God already who made the promise, before the foundation of the world. Faith embraces things unseen and not actually existing, as though they actually exist.
Old 04-26-2011, 08:30 PM
Suspended for Review

Quote:
Something to know about God given Faith !

Heb 11:

1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.kjv

1Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of(A) things not seen.esv

1 Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see. niv

1NOW FAITH is the assurance (the confirmation, [a]the title deed) of the things [we] hope for, being the proof of things [we] do not see and the conviction of their reality [faith perceiving as real fact what is not revealed to the senses].amp

Now, Faith makes the promises of God a reality to the mind, based upon what God has said, because its a reality to God already who made the promise, before the foundation of the world. Faith embraces things unseen and not actually existing, as though they actually exist.
Faith makes you love your enemies (tho, like) you don't have any and that can only come from God by the Holy Spirit through Christ.
Saving Faith.
Pray that God reveals this to all even if it is not his will.
The existence, longevity of mankind may depend on it.
There are many who can benefit from it.
From a mustard seed the mountains can be moved that keep us from God.
May even bring about heaven on earth.

Hmmmm conviction. God forbid!
Old 04-26-2011, 08:48 PM
Suspended for Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinderAsh View Post
Faith makes you love your enemies (tho, like) you don't have any and that can only come from God by the Holy Spirit through Christ.
Saving Faith.
Pray that God reveals this to all even if it is not his will.
The existence, longevity of mankind may depend on it.
There are many who can benefit from it.
From a mustard seed the mountains can be moved that keep us from God.
May even bring about heaven on earth.

Hmmmm conviction. God forbid!
Naaah! Let us pray that the tribulation comes soon. In our lifetime. So we can see our Lord Jesus with our own eyes as we are taken away with him. And then watch all those condemned cast into hell by the Glory of God.
This is where saving faith comes from.