Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Theology  > Can God forget?

Old 04-13-2011, 05:14 PM
Giuliano

Default Can God forget?

Yes, He can.

If your sins are forgiven, God doesn't remember them. It's as if they never existed.

Jeremiah 31:34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Hebrews 8:12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

Hebrews 10:17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

Does this mean God doesn't "know everything"? It depends on how you think about it -- it depends on what your imagination says about it. If sins are truly forgiven, is there anything for God to know about them? What's to know? If they don't exist, why would God think about them? God isn't imagining sins where none exists.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-13-2011, 06:16 PM
Suspended for Review

Default Re: Can God forget?

Now Brad, that wasn't a nice thing to do, was it. If we can agree that it won't happen again, then I promise I'll forget all about it. OK?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-13-2011, 07:27 PM
Suspended for Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
Now Brad, that wasn't a nice thing to do, was it. If we can agree that it won't happen again, then I promise I'll forget all about it. OK?
And just to show you how serious I AM about my word I will send a sacrifice, a considerable part of me, my Son, my spirit, and I will express my LOVE through them.
If you choose to have ears that hear and a heart to open then you can accept my word.
IF NOT; well I think history pretty much has shown the consequences of not accepting my word and love but if your eyes aren't open, your ears won't hear and your heart won't LOVE, then........
It should be one HELL of a future.
A future YOUR kids shall inherit.

Last edited by CinderAsh : 04-13-2011 at 07:30 PM. Reason: Being bold and caps
Old 04-14-2011, 01:37 AM
Giuliano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
Do you think repentance is easy as that? If so, I'd say you've been around too many Christians and of the wrong stripe.

Can you steal my bicycle and then ask God to forgive you while keeping the bicycle? If someone thinks that, he thinks he can con God.

True repentance means that you regret something in the past. If you could do it over again, you wouldn't do it. You regret the consequences. If you truly regret injuring me by taking my bicycle, you must return it to me. You will try to repair any damages you have brought about. If you're not willing to try to repair the damages, you're not really sorry. You would still have my bicycle and be able to ride it while I didn't have it. You want "forgiveness" while perpetuating injustice.

Sad to say, there are people who want God to forgive them without their doing a thing to alleviate the problems they have caused. This is, to me, a depraved view of what mercy is.

How can things be forgotten if the damages of sin are not addressed and still staring us in the face?