Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Theology  > Why do not all see God?

Old 03-19-2011, 11:40 PM
antonyanil

Default Why do not all see God?

Why do not all see God?

Nobody sees God. God is not touched even by imagination. How can we see God? God enters some medium and becomes visible through that medium (through Lord in human form or Son of God). Through that medium also you are experiencing only the existence God. Only experience of existence is possible. There is no way to see God directly. The current cannot be seen directly. When it flows in a wire only its existence can be experienced.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-20-2011, 08:18 AM
Knight of the Forum

Default Re: Why do not all see God?

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonyanil View Post
Why do not all see God?

Nobody sees God. God is not touched even by imagination. How can we see God? God enters some medium and becomes visible through that medium (through Lord in human form or Son of God). Through that medium also you are experiencing only the existence God. Only experience of existence is possible. There is no way to see God directly. The current cannot be seen directly. When it flows in a wire only its existence can be experienced.
We do "see" God, if we know Him at all, but it is not with the natural eye that we do the seeing.

"Where there is no vision, the people perish..." Prov 29:18

Not everyone has a vision! Those with no vision at all see nothing. Most true believers are seeing through a "glass darkly"!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-20-2011, 10:32 AM
antonyanil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
We do "see" God, if we know Him at all, but it is not with the natural eye that we do the seeing.

"Where there is no vision, the people perish..." Prov 29:18

Not everyone has a vision! Those with no vision at all see nothing. Most true believers are seeing through a "glass darkly"!
God is the absolute reality hence invisible
The unimaginable concept of God is not from the side of God. It is only from your side since it is your defect. Your imagination cannot transcend the dimensions of space to understand God, who is beyond space, being the creator of space.
God is the absolute reality and the space along with consequent creation is a relative reality. This point keeps God beyond space. This point cannot be sacrificed because the creation including space can be possible and under the full control of God only, if God alone is the absolute reality. If both God and creation are absolute realities, the control of God on creation becomes impossible. If both are absolute realities, you can see God in the space itself. But, there cannot be two absolute realities. Absolute reality can be one only. Otherwise, there is no possibility of creation. The concept of creation comes into the picture only when one absolute reality exists and creates the relative reality.
A real rope cannot create a real snake. A real rope can create a false snake as an illusion. Therefore, to see the absolute God, you have to make the world as another absolute reality and in such case the creation becomes impossible. All this is the technical difficulty in the process of creation and hence it is inevitable. If you understand this analysis, you will not mistake God as sadist troubling you by hiding Himself. All this analysis is given by Shankara.
Old 03-20-2011, 08:34 PM
Knight of the Forum

If Shankara or any man analysed anything in a "good" manner then to the extent that it was good, he had God's help.

Moderator's Note: You have already been warned about simply "cutting and pasting" articles from other forums or Internet sites on this forum. This is a Christian forum. If you wanted to discuss this man's teachings as they relate to the teachings of Christ, that would be one thing. To simply post his articles will not be allowed to continue.
Old 03-20-2011, 08:49 PM
antonyanil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
If Shankara or any man analysed anything in a "good" manner then to the extent that it was good, he had God's help.

Moderator's Note: You have already been warned about simply "cutting and pasting" articles from other forums or Internet sites on this forum. This is a Christian forum. If you wanted to discuss this man's teachings as they relate to the teachings of Christ, that would be one thing. To simply post his articles will not be allowed to continue.
You are right. The unimaginable God is beyond the four-dimensional model of space and time. You can imagine the dissolution of matter converting into energy filling the space. Subsequently you can imagine the disappearance of energy in the space and the result is final vacuum. But, even if you try for your lifetime, you can never imagine the disappearance of vacuum.

God being the generator of space is beyond space and therefore, can never be imagined. If you have to imagine God, the pre-requisite is the imagination of disappearance of space or vacuum. Of course space is a form of very fine energy and in this context the word energy used by Me can be taken as crude form of energy. The only knowledge about God is that He is beyond the knowledge
Old 03-20-2011, 09:05 PM
Giuliano

Quote:
But, even if you try for your lifetime, you can never imagine the disappearance of vacuum.
There is nothing in a vacuum to disappear.
Old 03-20-2011, 09:41 PM
antonyanil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giuliano View Post
There is nothing in a vacuum to disappear.
God has no beginning and no end because God is unimaginable. The beginning and the end must be also unimaginable for an unimaginable item. The beginning and the end of the cosmic energy or space or the creation are also unimaginable. Therefore, the beginning and the end are unimaginable for the unimaginable item like God and also for the imaginable item like space. Therefore, the two points, which are the beginning-less and end-less characteristics cannot help you in understanding the real nature of God. If you start recognizing the God by simply these two points (beginning-less and end-less), you may think that God is an imaginable item like the space or energy or the creation.

In fact based on these two characteristics people have imagined God as an imaginable item like space or energy or creation. This concept has misled people to such a low level that people think that God is the very infinite space or infinite energy or infinite creation. Therefore, one should filter the concept of God at this juncture itself. One should think that God has no beginning and no end because the beginning and the end of an unimaginable item are also unimaginable.

Such God desired to create this Universe for entertainment. The very desire itself is the Creation. In view of God this present materialized universe in only an idea or imagination or the very desire itself. Therefore, the desire to create the world is itself the desire and also the created world itself is a desire. Thus the creation, maintenance and dissolution of the imaginary world are also imaginations or desires. A part of this infinite creation is the individual soul. The soul is like a drop of the infinite ocean of imagination or desire of God. Thus, quantitatively the entire ocean of imagination of God is very huge compared to the tiny soul.

Remember that both the Universe and the tiny soul are made of the same substance called as imagination or desire. Thus the force of the Universe is far greater than the force of the soul. Due to such huge quantitative difference of the same phase, the Universe, which is far stronger than the soul appears as a materialized entity for the soul. But this infinite ocean of desire, which is the infinite Universe is a tiny drop compared to the infinite force of God. Therefore, again due to the same quantitative difference of force the entire universe is just the very weak imagination from the view of God. Thus imagination and materialization exist simultaneously true from the point of God and soul.
Old 03-22-2011, 12:13 AM

WOW! Your making me so very happy that I know Jesus Christ as My Lord & Savior!
What you have shared here is so empty, & hopeless. I do hope you find Christ! In His Love Mark!
Old 03-22-2011, 12:49 AM
Giuliano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodwashed View Post
WOW! Your making me so very happy that I know Jesus Christ as My Lord & Savior!
What you have shared here is so empty, & hopeless. I do hope you find Christ! In His Love Mark!
As Father Linsinbigler pointed out elsewhere, there is some truth in the things being said.

That feeling of emptiness? Think about it. Would God, whose very Nature is Love, who is said to be Love itself, wish to exist alone?

It is not right to say God created the universe or us for His "entertainment." It is not even exactly right to say He created us so we would love Him -- because you can see people don't always love God, He doesn't force them to. He created us so He could love us. To say He created the universe for amusement or entertainment is a horrifying thought to me, as if God doesn't care. Perhaps that's not what anothonyanil meant -- I hope not.

Love, to be worth anything, must be voluntary. For us to love God and have it mean anything, He had to take the risk with us that we might not love Him.

When we read that God so loved the world, He sent His only son, can we think this was entertainment? I could not love such a being, nor would I call him "god." God is Love. The member is gone now; but I hope he was using a metaphor or something by saying God created the universe for entertainment. I believe it was made so that Love could be made manifest.