True2Ourselves
Already a member? login
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
  
+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Theology  > How was Paul SAVED ??

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-27-2010, 02:59 PM
danp's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 358
Default How was Paul SAVED ??

Hi to all, and I just had to ask ? How was Paul saved in Acts 9:6 !

Peter did not preach to him !

So , what did Jesus say to Paul in Acts 9:6 , that saved Paul ?

Did Jesus tell Paul to keep the 10 Commandments ?

Did He tell Paul to follow Him in Baptism ??

Was Paul save by the Law of Moses or by Grace ?

I believe the answer is in Acts 9 and in 1 Cor 12 ?

What say you ?

Last edited by danp : 11-27-2010 at 03:02 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-27-2010, 06:57 PM
Hupomone10's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 368
Default Re: How was Paul SAVED ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by danp View Post
Hi to all, and I just had to ask ? How was Paul saved in Acts 9:6 !

Peter did not preach to him !

So , what did Jesus say to Paul in Acts 9:6 , that saved Paul ?

Did Jesus tell Paul to keep the 10 Commandments ?

Did He tell Paul to follow Him in Baptism ??

Was Paul save by the Law of Moses or by Grace ?

I believe the answer is in Acts 9 and in 1 Cor 12 ?

What say you ?
Let's let Paul speak for himself, and give his own assessment of the talk with Annanias:

'And now why do you delay? Arise, and be baptized, and wash away your sins, calling on His name.'
Acts 22:16

A second testimony to Paul's baptism:

Acts 9:17-18
17 And Ananias departed and entered the house, and after laying his hands on him said, "Brother Saul, the Lord Jesus, who appeared to you on the road by which you were coming, has sent me so that you may regain your sight, and be filled with the Holy Spirit."

To put the icing on the cake, so to speak, let's see what the Lord Jesus Himself told Paul to do:

Acts 9:5-6
And he said, "Who art Thou, Lord?" And He said," I am Jesus whom you are persecuting,
but rise, and enter the city, and it shall be told you what you must do
."

Believing, Paul was saved; for this is what Paul teaches evermore after that. However, he was baptized, and was told to be baptized by none other than Jesus, who told him it would be told to him what he should do.

Maybe Jesus didn't know Ananias was going to do that.
__________________
.

"The two basic truths to be learned in spiritual progress are: the bankruptcy of self; our riches in Christ."

"The price of birth is His death for us; the price of growth is our death with Him."

- Miles Stanford
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-28-2010, 08:11 AM
winsome's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,206
Default Re: How was Paul SAVED ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by danp View Post
Hi to all, and I just had to ask ? How was Paul saved in Acts 9:6 !

Peter did not preach to him !

So , what did Jesus say to Paul in Acts 9:6 , that saved Paul ?

Did Jesus tell Paul to keep the 10 Commandments ?

Did He tell Paul to follow Him in Baptism ??

Was Paul save by the Law of Moses or by Grace ?

I believe the answer is in Acts 9 and in 1 Cor 12 ?

What say you ?
What evidence do you have that Paul was saved in Acts 9:6?
__________________
It isn't learned talk that saves man or makes a saint of him; only a life well lived can claim God's friendship. (Thomas À Kempis)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-28-2010, 04:12 PM
Giuliano
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: How was Paul SAVED ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by winsome View Post
What evidence do you have that Paul was saved in Acts 9:6?
I wonder and then I wonder about what he wrote later:

Philippians 3:12 Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-29-2010, 06:21 PM
danp's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 358
Default Re: How was Paul SAVED ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by winsome View Post
What evidence do you have that Paul was saved in Acts 9:6?
Hi winsome , and what I will write will be more receptive to those who have knowledge of dispensational view and those that are truth seekers .

#1 , What is a given is that Saul was a Pharisee and Sanhedrin .

#2 , Saul was on the way to Damascus to the Synagogues to bring back Jewish men and women bound back to Jerusalem , so the Context is strictly Jewish .

#3 , Saul was Baptized by 1 Cor 12:13 , " for by ONE SPIRIT are we all BAPTIZO / PLACED , ( means the same thing ) into one Body ." Baptism does NOT always means water as 1 Cor 10:2 reveals , that Israel was IDENTIFIED unto to Moses , unto the Cloud and unto the Sea , HOW CAN THAT BE ??

#4 , Saul called Jesus LORD/JEHOVAH / KURIOS ( which means the same ) and this very important as 1 Cor 12:3 reveals to us all .

#5 , " and that no MAN can say that Jesus is KURIOS/LORD /JEHOVAH , but by the Holy Spirit ."

#6 , Without the Holy Spirit INDWELLING , and saving Saul , Saul could never call Jesus Lord .

#7 , This means that Saul was saved in Acts 9:6 !

#8 , Saul was Baptized in the Body of Christ and BECAME it first member !

dan p
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-30-2010, 08:49 AM
winsome's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,206
Default Re: How was Paul SAVED ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by danp View Post
Hi winsome , and what I will write will be more receptive to those who have knowledge of dispensational view and those that are truth seekers .

#1 , What is a given is that Saul was a Pharisee and Sanhedrin .

#2 , Saul was on the way to Damascus to the Synagogues to bring back Jewish men and women bound back to Jerusalem , so the Context is strictly Jewish .

#3 , Saul was Baptized by 1 Cor 12:13 , " for by ONE SPIRIT are we all BAPTIZO / PLACED , ( means the same thing ) into one Body ." Baptism does NOT always means water as 1 Cor 10:2 reveals , that Israel was IDENTIFIED unto to Moses , unto the Cloud and unto the Sea , HOW CAN THAT BE ??

#4 , Saul called Jesus LORD/JEHOVAH / KURIOS ( which means the same ) and this very important as 1 Cor 12:3 reveals to us all .

#5 , " and that no MAN can say that Jesus is KURIOS/LORD /JEHOVAH , but by the Holy Spirit ."

#6 , Without the Holy Spirit INDWELLING , and saving Saul , Saul could never call Jesus Lord .

#7 , This means that Saul was saved in Acts 9:6 !

#8 , Saul was Baptized in the Body of Christ and BECAME it first member !

dan p
Paul didn’t say "Jesus is Lord". He didn’t know who was speaking to him.

vs 5 He said, “Who are you, sir [ or Lord]?”

Paul was not baptised into the Body of Christ until Acts 9:18
__________________
It isn't learned talk that saves man or makes a saint of him; only a life well lived can claim God's friendship. (Thomas À Kempis)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-30-2010, 01:33 PM
danp's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 358
Default Re: How was Paul SAVED ??

[quote=winsome;101418]Paul didn’t say "Jesus is Lord". He didn’t know who was speaking to him.

Hi winsome , how amusing !!

In Acts 9:5 it is Jesus that is talking , because He uses His name " I am Jesus whom thou persecutest , and what say you know , and it seem that you did not read this verse at all ??

Then in verse 6 , ' And he ( Paul ) trembling and astonished said " LORD " so why question this ??

Paul's baptism is a separate OP . DAN P
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-30-2010, 01:52 PM
winsome's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,206
Default Re: How was Paul SAVED ??

[quote=danp;101440]
Quote:
Originally Posted by winsome View Post
Paul didn’t say "Jesus is Lord". He didn’t know who was speaking to him.

Hi winsome , how amusing !!

In Acts 9:5 it is Jesus that is talking , because He uses His name " I am Jesus whom thou persecutest , and what say you know , and it seem that you did not read this verse at all ??

Then in verse 6 , ' And he ( Paul ) trembling and astonished said " LORD " so why question this ??

Paul's baptism is a separate OP . DAN P
Very amusing.


Acts 9:6

but rise, and enter into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do. (ASV)

"Now get up and go into the city, and you will be told what you must do." (NIV)

“Now get up and go into the city, and you will be told what you must do." (NLT)

But rise and enter the city, and you will be told what you are to do.” (ESV)

but get up and enter the city, and it will be told you what you must do." (NAS)

Now get up, go into the city, and you will be told what you are to do." (ISV)

Get up! Go into the city, and you'll be told what you should do." (God Word)

But get up, and go into the town, and it will be made clear to you what you have to do. (Bible in basic English)

but rise, and enter into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do. (Darby)

“Now get up and go into the city and you will be told what you must do.” (NAB)

“But get up and enter the city, and you will be told what you are to do.” (RSV/NRSV)

“Now get up and go into the city; there you will be told what you have to do! (CCB)

And he, trembling and astonished, said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said-(The most ancient manuscripts and versions of the New Testament lack all these words here [including the last clause of Ac 9:5] - Jamieson-Fausset-Brown Bible Commentary.

The words you are relying on are not in the most ancient manuscripts and only seem to appear in the KJV and its derivatives.

You shouldn't rely on dodgy translations
__________________
It isn't learned talk that saves man or makes a saint of him; only a life well lived can claim God's friendship. (Thomas À Kempis)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-30-2010, 01:55 PM
winsome's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,206
Default Re: How was Paul SAVED ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by danp View Post

#5 , " and that no MAN can say that Jesus is KURIOS/LORD /JEHOVAH , but by the Holy Spirit ."

#6 , Without the Holy Spirit INDWELLING , and saving Saul , Saul could never call Jesus Lord .

#7 , This means that Saul was saved in Acts 9:6 !

#8 , Saul was Baptized in the Body of Christ and BECAME it first member !

dan p
Are you saying that anyone who refers to Jesus as Lord is saved and is a member of the body of Christ?

Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven (Mt 7:21)
So how can calling Jesus Lord be a sign that you are saved?

When he entered Capernaum, a centurion approached him and appealed to him, saying, “Lord, my servant is lying at home paralyzed, suffering dreadfully.” (Mt 8:5-6)
Was the centurion saved and became a member of the body of Christ?

And behold, a Canaanite woman of that district came and called out, “Have pity on me, Lord, Son of David! (Mt 15:22)
Was the Canaanite woman saved and became a member of the body of Christ?

Then they will answer and say, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or ill or in prison, and not minister to your needs?’ He will answer them, ‘Amen, I say to you, what you did not do for one of these least ones, you did not do for me.’ And these will go off to eternal punishment (Mt 25:44-46)
Jesus condemns one group who called him “Lord” to eternal punishment. Why were they not saved and become part of the body of Christ?
__________________
It isn't learned talk that saves man or makes a saint of him; only a life well lived can claim God's friendship. (Thomas À Kempis)

Last edited by winsome : 11-30-2010 at 02:21 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-30-2010, 02:49 PM
danp's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 358
Default Re: How was Paul SAVED ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by winsome View Post
Are you saying that anyone who refers to Jesus as Lord is saved and is a member of the body of Christ?

Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven (Mt 7:21)
So how can calling Jesus Lord be a sign that you are saved?

When he entered Capernaum, a centurion approached him and appealed to him, saying, “Lord, my servant is lying at home paralyzed, suffering dreadfully.” (Mt 8:5-6)
Was the centurion saved and became a member of the body of Christ?

And behold, a Canaanite woman of that district came and called out, “Have pity on me, Lord, Son of David! (Mt 15:22)
Was the Canaanite woman saved and became a member of the body of Christ?

Then they will answer and say, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or ill or in prison, and not minister to your needs?’ He will answer them, ‘Amen, I say to you, what you did not do for one of these least ones, you did not do for me.’ And these will go off to eternal punishment (Mt 25:44-46)
Jesus condemns one group who called him “Lord” to eternal punishment. Why were they not saved and become part of the body of Christ?
Hi winsaome and all the books that are above have to do with Jewish context !!!

Stay with the context of the OP , is what should be done !!

What Jesus did in His earthly ministry is for Israel for Jesus ministry was for the Jews as Matt 10:6 says " But rather to the lost sheep of Israel ."
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Above Paul colin Theology 36 11-28-2009 08:40 AM
Horror from the Once Saved Always Saved Doctrine DrFrank Bible Chat 43 09-03-2009 12:47 PM
The Apostel Paul colin Theology 11 07-28-2009 10:05 PM
Why PAUL? PASHA General Discussions 12 06-24-2009 08:25 PM
PAUL-CON-MAN or VISIONARY antonio General Discussions 25 05-14-2009 08:22 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:03 PM.


true2ourselves
 
 
 

Flashcoms

You need to upgrade your Flash Player.

Version 8 or higher is required.

download from http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29