Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Theology  > What does CHRISTIANOS really means and to who ??

Old 11-26-2010, 02:57 PM

Default What does CHRISTIANOS really means and to who ??

Hi to all and what I will now write may offend some , but consider the verses given !

The Grrek word for CHRISTIAN/CHRISTIANOS , means an adherant ot follower of Jesus and can only be found in 3 books of the Bible .

#1 , We see that in Acts 11:19 we see that they were only Preaching to Jews ONLY and this is the CONTEXT .

#2 , In verse 26 , " And the DISCIPLES WERE FIRST CALLED Christians and these are Jews by context and not Gentiles as verse 26 reveals .

#3 , The the next verse is in Acts 26:22 we have the context that Paul is telling to King Agrippa , and wee see that Paul is saying , none other things than those which the Prophets and Moses did say should come .

Then in verse 27 , King Agrippa said unto Paul , Almost thou Persuadest me to be a Christian .

#3 , and the last verse is in 1 PETER 4:16 , Yet if any man suffer as a Christian , !

We see that all 3 verses by context are related to the Nation of Israel .

Paul in Gal 6:15 calls us New Creatures and 2 Cor 5:17 also calls us new creatures in Christ .

Individual Jews are never call new creatures in Christ , are we ?

You will have to make your own call on what I have written , dan p
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-29-2010, 08:05 AM

Default Re: What does CHRISTIANOS really means and to who ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by danp View Post
Hi to all and what I will now write may offend some , but consider the verses given !

The Grrek word for CHRISTIAN/CHRISTIANOS , means an adherant ot follower of Jesus and can only be found in 3 books of the Bible .

#1 , We see that in Acts 11:19 we see that they were only Preaching to Jews ONLY and this is the CONTEXT .

#2 , In verse 26 , " And the DISCIPLES WERE FIRST CALLED Christians and these are Jews by context and not Gentiles as verse 26 reveals .

#3 , The the next verse is in Acts 26:22 we have the context that Paul is telling to King Agrippa , and wee see that Paul is saying , none other things than those which the Prophets and Moses did say should come .

Then in verse 27 , King Agrippa said unto Paul , Almost thou Persuadest me to be a Christian .

#3 , and the last verse is in 1 PETER 4:16 , Yet if any man suffer as a Christian , !

We see that all 3 verses by context are related to the Nation of Israel .

Paul in Gal 6:15 calls us New Creatures and 2 Cor 5:17 also calls us new creatures in Christ .

Individual Jews are never call new creatures in Christ , are we ?

You will have to make your own call on what I have written , dan p
What are you trying to say dan?
Are you trying to say that Jewish converts were not called Christians?
Or that Gentiles converts were not called Christians?
Or what?

vs 20/21 There were some Cypriots and Cyrenians among them, however, who came to Antioch and began to speak to the Greeks as well, proclaiming the Lord Jesus. The hand of the Lord was with them and a great number who believed turned to the Lord.
The disciples at Antioch were therefore both Jewish and Greek.

Vs 23 he [Barnabus] arrived and saw the grace of God, he rejoiced and encouraged them all to remain faithful to the Lord in firmness of heart.
Barbabus encouraged them all Jews and Greeks

Vs 26 and it was in Antioch that the disciples were first called Christians.
Not the Gentiles were called Christians, or the Jewish converts were called Christians, just disciples.

Christians are disciples of Christ whether converts from Judaism or from Paganism,
Old 11-29-2010, 06:31 PM

[quote=winsome;1called Christians.[/FONT][/color]
Not the Gentiles were called Christians, or the Jewish converts were called Christians, just disciples.

Hi winsome , and I have given 3 passages where the Greek word CHRISTIANOS for christian is used , unless you know where there are more ??

Waiting to see if you found more , as I found only 3 in Strong's , dan p
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-30-2010, 03:14 AM

[quote=danp;101281]
Quote:
Originally Posted by winsome;1called Christians.[/FONT
[/color]

Hi winsome , and I have given 3 passages where the Greek word CHRISTIANOS for christian is used , unless you know where there are more ??

Waiting to see if you found more , as I found only 3 in Strong's , dan p
How about replying to the point I made rather than dodging round it.

Thanks
Old 11-30-2010, 11:19 AM
Knight of the Forum

[quote=winsome;101381]
Quote:
Originally Posted by danp View Post

How about replying to the point I made rather than dodging round it.

Thanks
What an innovation: to actually answer a question directly and deal with the substance of the issues presented. Some need to learn that lesson here....
Old 11-30-2010, 02:42 PM

[quote=SolaVerbumDei;101431]
Quote:
Originally Posted by winsome View Post

What an innovation: to actually answer a question directly and deal with the substance of the issues presented. Some need to learn that lesson here....
Hi SVD , and of course , will or can have mores that deal with this OP ?