Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider
Divider

+
Register FAQ A-Z directory Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

True2Ourselves Forums   > Community Topics > Theology  > What is the Name of this Church ??

Old 11-22-2010, 04:56 PM

Default What is the Name of this Church ??

Hi to all and there a lot of believers who feel that the EKKLESIA has all authority , is that true ?

Of course I say , NO !

Lets look at the record in Acts 8;1-3 .

#1 , And we see that the CONTEXT of Acts is still Jewish as verse 1 says, that their was great persecution at Jerusalem and through the regions of Judaea and Samaria , and we see that the Apostles all stayed in Jerusalem , and Peter NEVER left for ROME , and there is a verse that says how Peter died , in John 21:18-19 and Peter died of OLD AGE .

#2 , then Saul is making HAVOCK of the Church and committi9ng them to prison .

#3 , And in Gal 1:13 , says , that ye have in times past , have heard in the JEWS RELIGION ( refers to the Mosaic Law ) I persecuted the CHURCH of God and wasted it !

What is the NAME of this Church that Saul wasted ?

#4 , It seems that the Jews religion are Law keepers !

#5 , I do not see any Gentiles here at All ?

#6 , Can it be called the Messianic Church ?

#7 , Maybe the Church of Jesus ?

#8 , Maybe the Church of God ??

What say you ???
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-22-2010, 10:32 PM
Knight of the Forum

Default Re: What is the Name of this Church ??

Its been the Catholic Church since the beginning. All of the main and oldest Churches say the same Apostles Creed and, "...believe in one Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church...".
I don't know how it can even be argued.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-22-2010, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danp View Post
Hi to all and there a lot of believers who feel that the EKKLESIA has all authority , is that true ?
Of course I say , NO !
Lets look at the record in Acts 8;1-3 .
#1 , And we see that the CONTEXT of Acts is still Jewish as verse 1 says, that their was great persecution at Jerusalem and through the regions of Judaea and Samaria , and we see that the Apostles all stayed in Jerusalem , and Peter NEVER left for ROME , and there is a verse that says how Peter died , in John 21:18-19 and Peter died of OLD AGE .
#2 , then Saul is making HAVOCK of the Church and committi9ng them to prison .
#3 , And in Gal 1:13 , says , that ye have in times past , have heard in the JEWS RELIGION ( refers to the Mosaic Law ) I persecuted the CHURCH of God and wasted it !
What is the NAME of this Church that Saul wasted ?
#4 , It seems that the Jews religion are Law keepers !
#5 , I do not see any Gentiles here at All ?
#6 , Can it be called the Messianic Church ?
#7 , Maybe the Church of Jesus ?
#8 , Maybe the Church of God ??
What say you ???
Well...

The FIRST TWO YEARS of my walk with the Lord, a Church of Christ guy told me it was the Church of Christ.

A mormon guy told me it was the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

A guy from the Church of God of Prophecy told me it was the Church of God of Prophecy.

A rather sizeable group from the United Pentecostal Church told me it was their church.

A catholic guy told me it was their church.

A hyper-calvinist told me it was any church that held 5-pt calvinism and believed that salvation was in no way conditioned on the sinner. I asked him, "is that belief a "condition?" "

And a Wesleyan Holiness guy told me that his church had the only true belief - sinless perfection.

Which one do you espouse, so I can add it to the mix? What say you?

"The two basic truths to be learned in spiritual progress are: the bankruptcy of self; our riches in Christ."

"The price of birth is His death for us; the price of growth is our death with Him."

- Miles Stanford
Old 11-23-2010, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hupomone10 View Post
Well...

The FIRST TWO YEARS of my walk with the Lord, a Church of Christ guy told me it was the Church of Christ.

A mormon guy told me it was the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

A guy from the Church of God of Prophecy told me it was the Church of God of Prophecy.

A rather sizeable group from the United Pentecostal Church told me it was their church.

A catholic guy told me it was their church.

A hyper-calvinist told me it was any church that held 5-pt calvinism and believed that salvation was in no way conditioned on the sinner. I asked him, "is that belief a "condition?" "

And a Wesleyan Holiness guy told me that his church had the only true belief - sinless perfection.

Which one do you espouse, so I can add it to the mix? What say you?

LOL, Hupomone, that's great! In another thread I almost asked you to see my profile page to discover my denomination because of a question you had asked. What you have said here though reminds me of something I used to say, which was: I belong to the only true religion; the religion of Love.

So, anyway, if you look at my profile, you now have 3 more denominations to add to your list.

Perma

If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men. Romans 12:18

Salt is good, but if the salt loses its flavor, how will you season it? Have salt in yourselves, and have peace with one another. Mark 9:50
Old 11-23-2010, 12:41 PM
CatholicCrusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by danp View Post

Of course I say , NO !........
Of course you do.

Unfortunately for you, Jesus says different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelowlyfisherman View Post
Its been the Catholic Church since the beginning. All of the main and oldest Churches say the same Apostles Creed and, "...believe in one Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church...".
You are correct sir

Old 11-23-2010, 01:09 PM
Josiah

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelowlyfisherman View Post
Actually, it's ".... beleive in one holy catholic and apostolic church." Those are adjectives for "church" not the proper name of a specific denomination.

There was no denomination in the early years of Christianity, by ANY name. Yes, Christians were then (as they are today) one, holy catholic communion of saints but that has nothing to do with any denomination - then or now.

Old 11-23-2010, 01:18 PM
CatholicCrusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josiah View Post
Actually, it's ".... beleive in one holy catholic and apostolic church." Those are adjectives for "church" not the proper name of a specific denomination......
THATS RIGHT.

And who started denominmations? Protestants did. It is folks of your particular beliefs that have reduced the Church of Christ to a proper name, not us.

Like I said: When a bunch of branches fall off of a tree, the trunk does not then become just another branch. Get it?

Last edited by CatholicCrusader : 11-23-2010 at 01:27 PM.
Old 11-23-2010, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatholicCrusader View Post

It is you and your kind ...
That didn't happen to be born into a family that attended a Catholic Church.

That didn't happen to be born into a strong Christian family who didn't even know the difference between Catholic and Protestant.

... those of US kind... yes, we are surely responsible! Ha!

If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men. Romans 12:18

Salt is good, but if the salt loses its flavor, how will you season it? Have salt in yourselves, and have peace with one another. Mark 9:50
Old 11-23-2010, 01:26 PM
CatholicCrusader

Poor choice of words on my part. I shall edited them

Last edited by CatholicCrusader : 11-23-2010 at 01:38 PM.
Old 11-23-2010, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatholicCrusader View Post
Poor choice of words on my part. I shal edited them
May God continue and always to bless you.